PDA

View Full Version : Oil

james9r9r
11-01-2007, 09:14 PM
I have a 1982 Yamaha Tri-Moto 175cc and it needs a top end rebuild for sure, it's low on compression but it still runs and every time I dry the spark plug and take it out its soaked in gas/oil mixture ?

:confused:

NOTE:It's a 2 stroke for some who might not know.

Dirtcrasher
11-01-2007, 09:26 PM
Are you gonna rebuild it? Or are you gonna play with it and wonder why it's doing things other than running? Need directions to a shop? Or would you like to drive up to MASS and leave it here? Either way, it ISN'T GOING TO RUN SITTING THERE WITH YOU.

hancadam
11-01-2007, 09:46 PM
Being low on compression is not something you can get around. From everything you have stated in your previous post the motor is fried. To get the bike running properly it needs a top end at the least. Its not a easy answer but its your answer. It is going to take time and money. You can't keep asking questions until you get the answer you want. Don't take me as being rude I am just trying to give you the truthful answer.

Nightbiker07
11-01-2007, 09:52 PM
rebuild it....top and bottom end....after its rebuilt, worry about carb tuning. if you just rebild the top end, and the bottom end is junk....well......kiss your motor goodbye. spend the extra 200 bux for the bottom end to get done too.

Nightbiker07
11-01-2007, 09:53 PM
just tell the shop....rebuildmy top and bottom end.....complete new everything. (make sure they dont rebuild the tranny) LOL.

when its done, you will have a rippin machine.

hondaracer11
11-01-2007, 10:04 PM
dirtcrasher take it easy

james9r9r
11-02-2007, 12:16 AM
The guy at the shop tells me it will be $65 to bore it and it will take 3 hours least to rebuild it and the total for boring it and labor will be $214 then I order parts

ATC-Eric
11-02-2007, 12:31 AM
Are you okay with spending that money, or do you want to work on it yourself?

Have you ever worked on ANY small engines?

Take your manual off the computer, print it out, and put it in a three ring binder. If your printer cant hang, take your happy assss on down to Kinkos. Have the shop bore your cylinder, and order your piston.

Take the rest of the motor, clear a GOOD sized spot on your workbench. BUY a box of ziplock bags, and as you take parts off the bottom end put like parts in like bags, and LABLE THEM.

Go step by step with the manual. TAKE YOUR TIME, and get some patients from somewhere.

You just need to experiment if you ever want to learn how to work on these trikes. Dont force anything, and make sure to read the directions to the T. I wish you lived closer, I would take you under my wing; try to hammer some commen sense into you.

Use the correct tools for the correct procedures. Dont cut corners, or pry anywhere your not supose to. If you get in a rush, you will ruin this motor more then it is.

This is your only other option then paying a shop 300 + dollars to rebuild it for you.

If you do decide to do it yourself, for gods sake take your time. I dont want to see you back on here telling us you broke the cases trying to split them.

rally4x4racer
11-02-2007, 12:50 AM
if it still runs what is the problem? is it not running good? does it not start after you run it?

sounds like it is rich - remove your air filter

ATC-Eric
11-02-2007, 12:55 AM
Hey man,

There were a couple of other threads. Sounds like homeboy ran it without oil for a number of hours.

No compression..........consensus is its fried.

rally4x4racer
11-02-2007, 12:58 AM
thanks Eric, I see handacams ref there now... yea he said low comp. from what it sounds like " no comp" is closer!!

without oil in the fuel? OMG

atctim
11-02-2007, 08:17 AM
I have a 1982 Yamaha Tri-Moto 175cc and it needs a top end rebuild for sure, it's low on compression but it still runs and every time I dry the spark plug and take it out its soaked in gas/oil mixture ?

Is this a question or a blanket statement?

Nightbiker07
11-02-2007, 03:34 PM
ok.....stop telling him to fix it himself. he obviously does not posess the knowledge to fix it. he needs to observe the repair of a few before diving into something himself.

factoryX
11-02-2007, 05:05 PM
this is too funny to read him ask about his bike some more... you know you are making your self look like a total retard...