PDA

View Full Version : ok, im gettin mad

Mr.Jake
10-31-2007, 02:55 PM
Now im starting to get mad. I got a 82 tri moto 175 a few weeks ago. It didnt run when i got it but i got it to idle after numerous carb cleanings and adjustments and $50 worth of carb cleaner. but it would stall when i kicked it into gear. so i took the clutch out and cleaned it, its in good shape, no grooves, friction disks are good. I got it back together and adjusted it. It then ran pretty good until i hit 3rd gear where it would again, bogg and die. so i took the carb off today and adjusted the float. Now the stupid thing litterly poors gas out the exhause. Its sucking the gas rapidly through the line that goes directly to the cylinder, not carb. Im on the verge of giving up on this POC. Theres a big run this saturday that i was looking forward to and want to make, but if it wont run right im gonna have to stay home. Someone please help me out.
Thanks. Jake:drool:

honda250sx
10-31-2007, 08:49 PM
Have you replaced the needle and seat? If not you may want to do so. Might be part of the issue. Food for thought.

Nightbiker07
10-31-2007, 11:03 PM
just get a new carb. prolly a hundred bux on ebay.

4cylinders
10-31-2007, 11:22 PM
hey, there should not be a line from the gas tank to the cylinder. check to be sure the lines are hooked up right.

bigreddaddy
10-31-2007, 11:44 PM
Don't you have a fuel pump on that 175 pinger? Maybe its going out. Also, do you have a clean air filter? If its bogging I would think fuel starvation, clogged fuel filter/lines, clogged air filter, whats your plug look like?

scooterroo
11-01-2007, 03:15 PM
a line going from the tank to the cylinder? that dont sound right... you say you cleaned everything nice and good? i agree try changing out the seat and needle, maybe try rejetting it with a smaller jet if there is fuel coming out of the exhaust. sounds like your getting to much gas. like nightbiker said, go get a carb off egay for an easy 100 bucks.

Mr.Jake
11-01-2007, 03:24 PM
Ya, theres 2 hoses from the gas tank, i dont have a fuel pump on it. One goes to the carb, one goes to the rubber boot the carb sits in, just to the side of it, it bypasses the reeds, i was wondering what the purpose of this was. shoud i just plug this hole? Also the carb is in good shape. before i cleaned it i tried to ben the float tab up so that it would close (its was flooding) then i cleaned it and it stopped so i bent it back. Air filters new, and clean. Plugs usually a tan brown colour. Im going to get a pic of the carb and that line in a minute. thanks for the replies, keep em comin! I think/hope im close.
thanks, Jake.

Nightbiker07
11-01-2007, 03:27 PM
uh...a line going to the cylinder is not right.....bypassing the reeds? im sprized it runs period........try crimping the line and see if that changes anything.

Mr.Jake
11-01-2007, 03:45 PM
ok, pics. In a different thread i started one guy told me it doesnt need a fuel pump. im thinking this tube in the carb boot was for when the oil injector was hooked up, this thing was pretty beat up when i got it. So i wasn't sure how things went together, mostly used trial and error. And i've searched ebay for a carb, but most of the stuff is used from a old tri moto. Is anyone able to find one for me? Im not sure what exactly to search for, tri moto carb has nothing, mikuni 22mm has a different style, the bolt on kind. But cant find the right one.

heres the gas line going to the cylinder through the boot...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/jake_walsh/DSC00445.jpg

doe anyone know if this is hooked up properly, line from the float chanber to the side of the carb...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/jake_walsh/DSC00448.jpg

and the new paint job, which is no good if i cant ride it...lol.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/jake_walsh/DSC00449.jpg

Nightbiker07
11-01-2007, 03:58 PM
you dont need a trimoto carb.......get one of equal (or greater) size.

ceaserthethird
11-01-2007, 04:14 PM
True you don't need a tri-moto carb , Buy same MM size carb

the Line that goes from the tank to the Reed Cage - Cut it in half and Plug both ends !!!

Those other line on the CARB Are Vent's for the CARB / Drain Tubes

- Put Clear tube lines on those and don't Plug them !

Keep the Gas tank line going to the Carb thats correct ...

Buy A Carb Re-Build Kit - Adjust Air Screw & Idle after the Re-build

Buy a new Spark Plug - Hotter Plug

scooterroo
11-01-2007, 10:12 PM
i'd tak e that hose off the intake first...thats probably where all your extra gas is coming from...coming out your exhaust. plug that up, forget oil injection and mix your gas and oil. the only tube that should be feeding gas to your motor is the one going to your carb from the petcock. all other tubes are vents and shouldnt be run to each other, they should have hoses yes, but they should be just dangling off to allow "venting". the hose on the bottom of the carb shouldnt be hooked up like in the pic. take it off whatever other connection you have it on, and dangle it down from the carb...its an overflow drain tube. you flip the bike or set it up on its grab bar gas will flow out of it...like ceasar said, get your self a rebuild kit for the carb, reconnect all hoses, only the petcock tube connected to the carb to feed gas to your motor...all others leave unplugged and dangling...

motoman110
11-01-2007, 10:55 PM
is anyone else wondering what that hose clamp is doing???

Mr.Jake
11-01-2007, 11:06 PM
lol, hose clamp story...the 90 degree elbow the fuel line attatches to on the carb pops out really easy, emptied a full tank over night, big mess. So i put it on to hold the elbow down. Ive heard to remove the oil injector certain lines on the carb need plugged. this might be were im going wrong. plugging and not plugging hoses. It might be hard to explain but if anyone could it would be awesome to know that its hooked up properly.
thanks, Jake.

scooterroo
11-02-2007, 11:55 AM
well that carb and motor look alot similar to a blasters motor, when i removed mine, there was 2 lines going into the right side of the crankcase, one for oil feed to the pump, one going to the carb where the feed comes out of the pump. i removed the pump and put a vitos block off on the hole that was left, siliconed up the two holes where they entered the cover, and then where line hooks up to the carb, on the right side of the carb, when sitting on the bike, i just cut the tube down some and plugged it up. like i said from the pics that motor looks alot like my blaster motor, could be wrong, but it should give you a general idea of where the oil feed line is. from the looks on the pic, to me, the second pic down, that tube that has the bolt in it is the oil feed line i believe, leave that plugged. the one on ethe bottom of the carb, shouldnt be attached to anything, thats a drain line.

Mr.Jake
11-02-2007, 03:24 PM
well, thanks to all of you, my 3 wheeler is running GREAT! I drove it for about 4 hours today. runs perfect. Only 2 concerns,
1: i know its a two stroke, it smokes a bit, this is probably normal?
2: the head gets pretty hot, i spit on it after riding it and it sizzled. is this ok?

well thanks for all the help, i guess ill make the big run tomorow which will be a blast. Ill have pics up after.
Happy riding, Jake.

ceaserthethird
11-02-2007, 08:00 PM
Well make sure you mix your Gas & 2 Stroke Oil 40.1 Synthetic Any Brand

Carry couple extra Spark Plugs ...

Yes it's normal for it to Smoke

All Motor's Are Hot !

scooterroo
11-02-2007, 11:08 PM
well good to hear you got it running good. go with the 40 to 1 mixture like ceaser said and keep an eye on plug color to check your jetting. it will smoke, all 2 strokes do, some more then others, and it being an airfooler, oh yeah she will get hot enough to make spit sizzle. try touching your skin on your hands or arms on there, ouchy!!!