PDA

View Full Version : Engine Cleaning, while inside trike..

TrailerRider
10-29-2007, 04:55 PM
See attached pic. The trike motor was very dirty when we got it. I would like to clean the motor off while it is still in the frame. I have tryed very hot soap and water, sos pad, steel wool, wire brush. Nothing seems to want to take that brownish dirt color off the motor. Any ideas?

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/5235/dirtydw4.th.png (http://img134.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dirtydw4.png)

Nightbiker07
10-29-2007, 05:08 PM
try some ZEP Purple. try some engine degreaser. try some carb/choke cleaner. try a pressure washer. try some AWESOME cleaner. try WD-40.

or, you could be like the TV sales douche and GET IT OXICLEAN :rolleyes: :banned: :lol:

Nightbiker07
10-29-2007, 05:10 PM
taking a closer look, looks like corrosion......try some PAINT!!!!!! if the above fails

kilabeez0
10-29-2007, 05:27 PM
Eagle One mag/aluminum cleaner. It's an acid and will actually etch the metal. wear some gloves and spray it on, then use a piece of steel wool and it'll eat through that crap like nothing. trust me, you cant get a better cleaner than acid!

stoney420
10-29-2007, 05:34 PM
also try doing a search on here, i have seen more then a couple people say they use oven cleaner and i guess it works pretty good!

kwbyfrmhell
10-29-2007, 05:43 PM
if you can get your hands on some muratic acid it will clean anything , just be careful and dont use to much and wash off. I got mine from a local truck and heavy equipment supply and cleaning place, I bought 5 gallons around 4 years ago and still have about 4.5 gallons. it also works great for freeing locked motors.

edog
10-29-2007, 06:36 PM
Crushed Walnut media.

ccdhowell
10-29-2007, 08:46 PM
Oven cleaner works, I tried it this weekend. Just spray it on, brush over it with a wire brush after it has set for a while and hose it off. Made a world of difference.

Bryan Raffa
10-29-2007, 09:26 PM
Eagle One mag/aluminum cleaner. It's an acid and will actually etch the metal. wear some gloves and spray it on, then use a piece of steel wool and it'll eat through that crap like nothing. trust me, you cant get a better cleaner than acid!

thats exactly what I started useing!:idea: ;) oven cleaner works too

TrailerRider
11-12-2007, 04:50 PM
also try doing a search on here, i have seen more then a couple people say they use oven cleaner and i guess it works pretty good!

Holy hell did oven cleaner work! I just sprayed it on a did a quick wipe down and look at the difference.

The pipe side was hot so coul dot be cleaned very much as it was hot. Ther is a before/after of the other side.

jason 32
11-12-2007, 06:44 PM
it looked like dirt- stained it- its a pain in the *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited*
dont ever use acid to clean aluminum- it will darken it ,and eat through the outer protection on the metal
its bad on aluminum