PDA

View Full Version : tecate is a live

kasuki
10-28-2007, 01:36 PM
hey got the tecate running sounds great.man you better wear boots to start that thing feels like it will break my foot when it kicks back. now i have one problem the head is leaking after 10min running just damp around the edges should i just retorque it and what should i torque it to it is aftermarket head gasket. and so is the base but the base is not leaking what should i do

steven 250sx
10-28-2007, 01:56 PM
try retorquing i guess if that doesn't work maybe you got a bad head gasket or warped head i donno just trying to help i guess

T3 LOPES
10-28-2007, 05:04 PM
You need to make sure they are torqued down at 18 pounds . Then see If it still leaks. Let us know.

ccdhowell
10-28-2007, 06:08 PM
Mine did that for a while after I rebuilt it. Run it through several heat cycles, retourque to 18 lbs like Lopes said. I retorqued mine after it cooled from every ride for like 6 rides before it stopped leaking. Did you get the gasket off ebay? I got one of those one time and it never stopped leaking, had to finally replace it with a cometec. Glad you got it running. Chris

cr480r
10-28-2007, 07:04 PM
hey got the tecate running sounds great.man you better wear boots to start that thing feels like it will break my foot when it kicks back.

Is the timing set right?

kasuki
10-28-2007, 10:02 PM
im pretty sure timing is good the marks looked to lined up.i did get the gasket of ebay. i hope its not junk every time i get something done on the trike i have another problem.it just does not end it seems like.i will check the head bolt torque monday. i ran the motor until it got good and warm i will cycle the motor a couple times and check the head bolts each time.i will post a update soon thanks for the help guys.

steven 250sx
10-28-2007, 10:05 PM
cool man but think about it you get all these problems at once it gets fixed all at once

digity x
10-29-2007, 06:46 AM
the kick back is from it being out of time a little bit i went threw that until i got it right,now it is fine.does it run hot at all?