PDA

View Full Version : paint for honda 110

edge
05-19-2003, 05:55 PM
Where and what kind of paint should I use (red, black, and grey)? I want something out of a can. Also what kind of primer. It would be nice to get it locally, but if there is some really good stuff out there, I don't mind mail ordering.

bigred110
05-19-2003, 06:04 PM
Just use paint that is mint for plastic or that is flexible. Any hardware store should have it.

edge
05-20-2003, 12:51 AM
clarification....for the metal parts...gas tank, wheels, frame, etc.

bigred110
05-20-2003, 05:29 AM
Any paint should work then. I'll use paint that helps prevent rust forming.

atcmatt
05-20-2003, 07:52 AM
im in the process of painting my red. i just undercoated today with white knight primer and im painting it with white knight kill rust. please do urself a favour and not use spray cans :D the suck!!!!! use a compressor withe the spray gun fitting!!!!! if ya got one, if not hire or borrow one!!! this white knight paint is tuff too just dont put it on thick...............

matt

FullBore
05-20-2003, 04:10 PM
I painted my frame over the old paint because I wasn't too bothered about the finish, I just tidied my 110 up, I used black Hammerite Smooth on the frame and gave it two coats, for the red I took my front fender to our auto parts shop and got a colour match for it and painted the tanks and forks, the tank isn't very good because we had to leave the stickers on as we hadn't any more. :x
I also painted my wheels rattle can silver, along with the back axle and front and rear hubs and the pull start got black. as you can see its all spoilt by the tank stickers. :x
I painted my barrel after its rebore with special brush on barrel paint and yes those are Hella lights with 55w bulbs and they are very good :D

Nat

http://gopeds.hypermart.net/images/new_images/New%20Seat.JPG