PDA

View Full Version : Bolt

james9r9r
10-28-2007, 12:12 AM
What good motors could I get that will bolt and wire right up to my 1982 Yamaha Tri-Moto 175cc with no problems ? :TrikesOwn

Nightbiker07
10-28-2007, 12:50 AM
uh.......a 1982 175cc yamaha trimoto motor will bolt right in without problems...
rebuild the one you have......whatever you find will need it anyway.........

Dirtcrasher
10-28-2007, 01:12 AM
Bolt on a weed whacker motor, maybe you can figure out how to mix the gas... Ya don't even need premix, you can use vegetable oil like Ron Lechien used...

I'm sorry but I have to say this - Somebody has to either kill, beat up or ban this kid; he doesn't deserve to own a 3 wheeler..........

james9r9r
10-28-2007, 01:19 AM
WOW your the only one I see starting *Do not type around the word filter* on this forum like on night biker's post...

Nick_R_23
10-28-2007, 01:56 AM
rebuild the one you have......whatever you find will need it anyway.........

I agree, just rebuild the one you have, you already have a good motor to do a rebuild on, and top ends are soooooo easy on pingers almost anyone can do it in 5 or 10 minutes.

-Nick :TrikesOwn

james9r9r
10-28-2007, 01:58 AM
Ok I just can't find the rebuild kit or parts ?

storm_impulse
10-28-2007, 02:03 AM
pull the cylinder off and take it to a shop and tell them that you want the cylinder bored and you want a wiseco piston. there you go mane. a rebuild kit. if you want you can check wiseco.com and see what all pistons they can make for it. some are not listed but still can be made appon request. big bore tri-moto should really kick your *edited*. might have a problem keeping the front wheel on the ground tho:twisted: when they bore it and get a piston made you will have all the nessary parts for a complete top end rebuild.

Nick_R_23
10-28-2007, 02:04 AM
http://www.hyperparts.com/wc.dll?ctwp~getapplctns1~1001~1002~1~0009~000543

Here is a link for everything you will need...pistons, rings, wristpins, connecting rods, full or top end gasket sets, crankshaft bearings, needle bearings, crank seals, all sorts of fun junk for your rebuilding pleasure!

And yes before you ask,,,this site is very good, I use it as much as I can, has great prices, shippings cheap, so go ahead and get your parts!!! Even gives you free stickers!!! :lol: :rolleyes:

-Nick :TrikesOwn

stoney420
10-28-2007, 03:23 AM
you are deffinetally better off rebuilding it but man judging from ALL of your other posts dont even attempt to work on it yourself just bring the whole trike down there and let them do what they gotta do it may not even need a rebuild.. after reading your other posts it probably does but have them check the compression since u cant check it(or just go buy a compression tester for $15 at any autoparts store) then go from there..
im not sure what the value of parts is on them but honestly if i were you i would part the *edited* thing out on ebay or something or try to sell it, get a few hundred bucks together and go find a decent trike, unless u reallyyy like that one for some reason but im just not sure that its worth puttin all your time and money into..? your looking at a easy couple hundred to get it rebuilt and etc anyways..

ceaserthethird
10-28-2007, 03:57 AM
Best thing to do is buy a Manual for your trike ... Best Money ever spent !

factoryX
10-28-2007, 04:54 AM
why don't you stick 1 gallon of oil in the cylinder and see if it will lube it up....

storm_impulse
10-28-2007, 01:15 PM
why don't you stick 1 gallon of oil in the cylinder and see if it will lube it up....

thats gotta be the dumbest thing i ever heard. the cylinder wont even hold a gallon of oil. not only thay why in the *edited* would you dump oil in the cylinder?

james9r9r
10-28-2007, 01:21 PM
I just want to rebuild the main thing to bring back compression with kick *edited* power. Rings, piston, rod, bearing, etc ?

james9r9r
10-28-2007, 01:23 PM
Then if I do do big bore I will need a bigger carb.

storm_impulse
10-28-2007, 01:24 PM
when u have takin the cylinder off and take the piston off grab the rod and wigle it back and forth. see how much play there is. you might just need a new piston and rings. i would recomend a .30 to .60 over bore and bigger piston. that is cheap plus it will give the trike some *edited*:naughty: as for carb.... no unless you raise the compression.

james9r9r
10-28-2007, 01:26 PM
Sorry I am so stupid but what will I need to do this like what exact parts Piston and what else ?

steven 250sx
10-28-2007, 01:34 PM
lol don't even worry about that if you don't know then just take it to your local shop

storm_impulse
10-28-2007, 01:36 PM
dude u cant do it urself unless u can bore cylinders. take it to the shop and tell them u want it bored out. they should tell u the limit the cylinder can be bored. go atleast .20 lower then the limit. once they have wiseco make a piston, they will bore the cylinder and everything will be fresh. when they order the piston u will get all the nessary harware to rebuild the top end. take my advice man. u wont regret it. if u have enough confidance in urself to put the motor back together then go for it. i would have a shop do it. 2 strokes are easy to rebuild. try *Do not type around the word filters!!!* with a 4 stroke:rolleyes:

james9r9r
10-28-2007, 01:37 PM
Yes but can't I buy the parts then have them put them it ?

storm_impulse
10-28-2007, 01:44 PM
ya if u want. or just have them order the parts and put them in while u sit back and smoke a fattie. i learned how to work on motors by tearing my 490yz apart and rebuilding it. really all it takes is common sence. there is nothing to it. but if your trying to get something dependable thats fun to ride then just let a shop mechanic do the work, so if it tears up u can go back and say " fix it".

Brockey
10-28-2007, 01:45 PM
Problem with that James is that you dont know the bore, and you dont know the damages that are done. So until someone looks at it and lets you know what is gone you cant buy the parts. Just get a shop to look at the motor.

james9r9r
10-28-2007, 01:48 PM
Yea all I know is that its very low on compression.

RedRider_AK
10-28-2007, 03:10 PM
Even gives you free stickers!!! :lol: :rolleyes:

I AM SO THERE!!! :lol: :w00t:

But seriously, James. You should follow directions more often.

james9r9r
10-28-2007, 04:55 PM
I do take advice and still no outcome.

Nightbiker07
10-28-2007, 05:07 PM
NO. just take the ENTIRE BIKE to the shop....tell them its broke, and to fix it. that way, any problems(like bottom end bearings, sure to be out if running without oil...) dont attempt a repair yourself, judging by your posts, you dont know what your doing. take it into the local repair place

bigreddaddy
10-28-2007, 05:27 PM
I think everyone should give this dude a little credit for at least trying to work on his own trikes. Doesn't seem he has anyone to help him out except for the guys here.

James, slow down a little man. Get a manual for trike if you don't have one. READ it and RE-READ it. Take your time. I do agree with others here that you should have a shop take care of the rebuild if you need one.

Answer these questions:

How do you know its low on compression? Do you have a compression tester? If you do, did you hold the throttle all the way open while you were turning the motor over?

factoryX
10-28-2007, 09:58 PM
he said he could turn the piston with his hand....

Nightbiker07
10-28-2007, 10:03 PM
i am not discrediting his spirit. i think thats awesome. but an easy way to crush that spirit is to spend 500 bucks, do it yourself, and have it blow up..........
the questions hes asked, he needs to do alot of reading and studying on engines before fussing with one.

Nightbiker07
10-28-2007, 11:19 PM
I do take advice and still no outcome.

you are not taking our advice. the majority here is telling you to take it to a shop, theohter part is telling you to do yourself what a shop is going to do.

no matter what, some part of it will need to be taken in. judging by your knowledge of the inner workings of engines, just take it to the shop as a whole, that way when its done, they can start it and tune the carb properly.

Dirtcrasher
10-29-2007, 12:59 AM
Sorry I am so stupid but what will I need to do this like what exact parts Piston and what else ?

At least you said "sorry" :welcome:

Really though, you just do not have the experience to work on this stuff at all. It's gonna cost you more money in the long run to "learn" and "expirement" with your machines.

I learned by breaking things, but I learned more by breaking other peoples things :lol:

Sometimes a local high school has a class for "small engine repair". I took power mechanics in high school and that started me off in a good direction.

Unless you have allot of $$ to waste you better slow down, get a manual and watch some other people who know what there doing.

NINJA
10-29-2007, 02:24 AM

ROFL!
That's the funniest * DO NOT TYPE AROUND THE WORD FILTERS!!* I ever heard!:lol:

NINJA
10-29-2007, 02:34 AM
You know what dude, in all honesty, Just get rid of the thing. That shop you "might" take it to will smell you coming from a mile away. The trike simply isn't worth the money you want to put into it.
As for you Dirtcrasher, I feel your pain, but try not to be such a mean *Do not type around the word filter*. However, your first response made me laugh so *Do not type around the word filter* hard!