PDA

View Full Version : Possible 83/84 swingarm slider to be made, how many would want one ?

Huffa
10-27-2007, 08:13 PM
Jason Hall has a buddy that might possibly be able to make them up, maybe even better then stock, in reguards that you don't have to remove swingarm to install them.

I'll bet just about all you 83/84 R guys need one, I mean how good can they be after 24 years !

Even if you don't need one at this moment, please say you would order one any how to make the slider fabrication worth while for him.

Does anyone have a swingarm and slider you could lend him ?

Nightbiker07
10-27-2007, 08:26 PM
post a pic of what exactly this thing is? i am interested, but i dunno.
and whats the estimated price?

Huffa
10-27-2007, 08:33 PM
post a pic of what exactly this thing is? i am interested, but i dunno.
and whats the estimated price?

No idea on price but a wild guess would be between $30 & $40, the discussion on it just started a few hours ago......

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=74989

He may be able to make the frame one too ?

These are two parts that everyone WILL NEED eventually and you buy a used one and can almost guarrentee that will be well worn too.

Nightbiker07
10-27-2007, 08:40 PM
i NEED the little one on the frame..........
sign me up for one of those, and for a small one too if they are made :)

SYKO
10-27-2007, 08:43 PM
Just let me know when I need to send some money, im in for one as well

Huffa
10-27-2007, 08:48 PM
Just let me know when I need to send some money, im in for one as well

Just edited 1st post with the one on frame, need one of them too?

I suppose you don't have that on either ! :lol:

Thanks for the quick "buy it now" response skyolincoln ! :beer

Nothings concrete right now and hope Jason can work it out with his buddy .

Jason Hall
10-27-2007, 08:50 PM
I would say the price Huffa gave would be real close. I will try to get him to keep the price down as much as he can. You guys have to remember, It needs to be worth It for him to do It. I know he can make them & make them removable kind like a 85-86 R. Once we get the first one figured out & made, I'm sure the rest won't be as hard to make.

SYKO
10-27-2007, 08:54 PM
naw I dont need the one on the frame that one looks minty fresh!

Jason Hall
10-27-2007, 08:59 PM
I just saw the updated pic's of the frame piece. I think that with a few measurements from somone with the frame piece Installed on the bike he can make those also. I think It would only be right, that who ever would lend us a swingarm would get their slider for free.

Huffa
10-27-2007, 08:59 PM
I would say the price Huffa gave would be real close. I will try to get him to keep the price down as much as he can. You guys have to remember, It needs to be worth It for him to do It. I know he can make them & make them removable kind like a 85-86 R. Once we get the first one figured out & made, I'm sure the rest won't be as hard to make.

I figure 30-40 bucks for a part that is not obtainable in OEM fashion or AM fashion for that matter is a bargin and like you said, it has to be worth his while.

Possible he can make the other one too Jason?

If no one offers a swingarm, I guess I could send mine, I'll just pad it all up so it can't be damaged.

Could this be made in a realativly short time? I'm not a pushy person by any means but this I really like to see made ASAP. IF it could be done shortly, I will send my swinger, slider and frame slider out on Monday!!! I'll even tip him if he can fast forward this project!!!! :beer

Can you email him the this link ? Is he close by ?

Jason Hall
10-27-2007, 09:07 PM
Huffa, I will talk to him about it on Monday. He will get It done FAST If I bug him :lol: Probly a day or 2 after we get the swingarm.

Yes, I'm sure he can make the frame piece also.

Huffa
10-27-2007, 09:12 PM
Huffa, I will talk to him about it on Monday. He will get It done FAST If I bug him :lol: Probly a day or 2 after we get the swingarm.

Yes, I'm sure he can make the frame piece also.

Cool man, cool!

Just PM me what ever address you want me to send it too!

Hope to hear back from you on Monday or Tuesday then?

Be sure and show him these pic's 1st though, so it's a for sure thing.

HEY, another thought, I'm real anxious, if he can make it, to see a pic of the stuff he is using and what exactly it's made out of .

Will there be a lifetime warranty ? :lol:

Jason Hall
10-27-2007, 09:22 PM
The last time he made me a chain slider was for my little guys ATC60. He put a raised hump just thick enough for the chain rollers to ride on It. That will GREATLY Increase the life of the slider. If you look at a new 85-86 slider, they have the raised center for the rollers like I'm talking about.

I know they will last a long time, but I don't know about a lifetime :lol:

Huffa
10-27-2007, 09:45 PM
One more thought .........:wondering Wonder if he can incourperate the stock bracket on it, now that would really be SWEET!!!

Another thought ....... how many guys does he need to make it worth while or would he just make a few if only a few responded ?

toocheaptosmoke
10-28-2007, 12:13 AM
I also need one of each, mine are literally GONE. I'm running with straight metal to metal contact. :w00t: I'd definately get some, but money is kinda tight right now, don't want to commit myself for like 50 bux by next week or something. :wondering

Huffa
10-28-2007, 05:33 AM
I also need one of each, mine are literally GONE. I'm running with straight metal to metal contact. :w00t: I'd definately get some, but money is kinda tight right now, don't want to commit myself for like 50 bux by next week or something. :wondering

Naaah, this won't happen that fast and good to hear you need both of them, well sort of :lol: in reguards to it being more worth while to Jasons buddy.

Jason ...I will let you know if I hear anything from Acerbis too but almost positive they would not be interested in making just a small batch of them?

JasonB
10-29-2007, 11:06 AM
Id like a slider as well.

I have an 83R swingarm I can let you use. I should be getting it back from Metal Tech in about 2 weeks. Metal Tech is the company that is making my new +6inch swingarm from scratch, but they had to have my stock swinger as a template etc etc

so when I get word from them that they are finished building my new custom swinger, I will have them ship the stocker off to Jason Hall I guess? Let me know, I have no problem letting you borrow it for the good of the community, just so long as I get it back within the year :lol:

Huffa
10-29-2007, 04:47 PM
Id like a slider as well.

I have an 83R swingarm I can let you use. I should be getting it back from Metal Tech in about 2 weeks. Metal Tech is the company that is making my new +6inch swingarm from scratch, but they had to have my stock swinger as a template etc etc

so when I get word from them that they are finished building my new custom swinger, I will have them ship the stocker off to Jason Hall I guess? Let me know, I have no problem letting you borrow it for the good of the community, just so long as I get it back within the year :lol:

Hey, that's great that you want one ATC addict and thanks for the swingarm offer but I just purchased one for the project, even if he couldn't make them I couldn't pass up how cheap I got this for.

Mines all painted up and that's why I got another one so I don't have to care about it getting scratched. Who knows, maybe I'll get a few years out of the buffer on this one ?

Nightbiker07
10-29-2007, 05:17 PM
HEY, you should have a few extra sets made, and offer them for sale in the classfieds. ill bet if he wanted to, he could also sell them as sets on EBAY and make some good money, since they are a hard to find item.

Huffa
10-29-2007, 05:52 PM
HEY, you should have a few extra sets made, and offer them for sale in the classfieds. ill bet if he wanted to, he could also sell them as sets on EBAY and make some good money, since they are a hard to find item.

I'm sure he will do that ! I know I would !

Guys that don't think they need them, will suddenly need them, once they see them! :D

I do that myself on ebay sometimes, I don't need it, till I see it!

Same at auto part stores.

JasonB
10-29-2007, 06:40 PM
wait wait wait, so is this still happening now? Your sending him your new swinger with buffer on it to use for making new ones with, or what? Or your just going to slap that on your bike and leave poor saps like me crying in the dust while you roost away :cry: jk let me know if theres anything I can do for you guys, I do know that I will need one VERY soon here. IM going with an extra tooth on my front sprocket for my +6inch swinger to help with clearance for the chain/swinger deal, but I cant stomach the idea of the chain potentially messing up my chrome finish :eek:

Huffa
10-29-2007, 06:51 PM
wait wait wait, so is this still happening now? Your sending him your new swinger with buffer on it to use for making new ones with, or what? Or your just going to slap that on your bike and leave poor saps like me crying in the dust while you roost away :cry: jk let me know if theres anything I can do for you guys, I do know that I will need one VERY soon here. IM going with an extra tooth on my front sprocket for my +6inch swinger to help with clearance for the chain/swinger deal, but I cant stomach the idea of the chain potentially messing up my chrome finish :eek:

YES the one in pic is for him to use to make up some.

Now it's not a 100% sure thing yet, Jason said he will get back to me ASAP.

I'm sure though if he does makes them, maybe a dozen or so, he will surely sell a dozen or so.........

Chrome 6" swinger, is it made yet, got a pic ?

Jason Hall
10-29-2007, 07:01 PM
Huffa, go ahead & send It. I talked with him today. He will get started on them as soon as we get the swinger.

JasonB
10-29-2007, 07:34 PM
YES the one in pic is for him to use to make up some.

Now it's not a 100% sure thing yet, Jason said he will get back to me ASAP.

I'm sure though if he does makes them, maybe a dozen or so, he will surely sell a dozen or so.........

Chrome 6" swinger, is it made yet, got a pic ?

not yet, they are in the process. It should be done by friday and ready to by chromed. They take about 3 weeks to build and chrome a swinger from scratch. Im having mine made from oval tubing, chome molly. Should be nice, it was cheaper for them to build a new one altogether than it was for them to extend the stocker. They actually wouldnt extend the stock one, the shock mounts to the carrier and that alone would have created issues. You can bet I will have a thread with PLENTY of pics just as soon as I get it in my hands :twisted:

Huffa
10-29-2007, 07:38 PM
Huffa, go ahead & send It. I talked with him today. He will get started on them as soon as we get the swinger.

:Bounce Alright Jason, you da man!! :beer

Huffa
10-29-2007, 07:39 PM
not yet, they are in the process. It should be done by friday and ready to by chromed. They take about 3 weeks to build and chrome a swinger from scratch. Im having mine made from oval tubing, chome molly. Should be nice, it was cheaper for them to build a new one altogether than it was for them to extend the stocker. They actually wouldnt extend the stock one, the shock mounts to the carrier and that alone would have created issues. You can bet I will have a thread with PLENTY of pics just as soon as I get it in my hands :twisted:

Is that strickly for dragging, hill climbing or what ?

Sounds real nice.

JasonB
10-30-2007, 12:53 AM
meh, its strickly for tearing things up hahah I am pretty much building this bike for our thanks giving trip out to oklahoma to ride in the sand dunes. I do plan to drag it, but it only being a 300 kitted bike i dont expect big results. Thats what my cr480 is going to be built for:naughty: first things first tho, I need chain scrubbers for my current 83 300R and gonna need em for the drag bike too! ;)

Huffa
10-30-2007, 05:07 AM
Update ......Jason won't receive the swingarm for about 2 weeks so allow at least 3 weeks for the part to be made

I'm hoping it can be made in two pieces (can put swingarm on 1st then) and where it wraps around the slider that is where it will be split and he can make up a bracket to join them together and also utilize the stock side mount bracket but I don't have a clue if they can be made that way or not, we will see.

Good luck on your 450R project !