PDA

View Full Version : 1985 Honda BigRed question

Lomax
10-27-2007, 12:31 PM
I got my Red goign last night and I and am hoping to take her for the first trip around the yard today (no brakes so I cant go far, yet) but the front tire is no good. I have a parts Red that has good tires on the rear so I was wondering if the rear wheels are the same as the front. I know that some trikes use the same wheels all the way around so I was wondering if the 1985 BigRed did the same. Anyone know?
thanks
-Will

bigreddaddy
10-27-2007, 02:09 PM
They sure do. Stock wheels are 9x9, and tires are 25x12-9.

hublake
10-27-2007, 02:17 PM
The front tire and backs are the same tire size wise. 25x12x9
On a side note, my buddy Amy put new rear tires on her 85 bigred and just the style they are, they was taller by about a inch and a half (maybe just cuz new) and her steering control was shot. I had all I could do to turn it in even the slightest of turns. Tight turns, I could not do it. The bars would snap back to the straight position on their own.
I let the rear tires down to about 2 lbs. and pumped the front up to 14 pounds or there abouts to get tire height to match. The machine went back to being a normal steering trike.

john

John,

I will try that on my BR. Remember me asking you about my problem. Still haven't gotten around to check that, been busy getting my gas heater hooked up.