PDA

View Full Version : SYKO's 350x thread, NEWER PICS!!and custom paint!!! CRAZY!!!

SYKO
10-21-2007, 06:19 PM
yea yea yea, I finnaly got a 4 poke.....not becouse I wanted a 4 poke, but becouse I wanted a rider, and there wasnt any 2 strokes any where that were reasonable, plus I got it from another member and I know its been taken care of, its got a few rough spots, but im happy, I can actually ride now! the goki starter is coming off and going back to him, as he wants that for his other 350x thats fin by me I dont really care for it.. plan are stich the front fender back together, and ride! ride! and do some more riding!! I'll worry about fixing it up after my flat tracker and my 300R is done. I got it from dread head here (gabe) he also does my powdercoating wich I picked up a load and dropped off a load today as well, here she is!

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/southgacustoms/MVC-669F.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/southgacustoms/MVC-670F.jpg

oh and when i rollled it in my R's turned there wheels towards it and were fixing to shank the 350x, I callmed them down and told them they were still my sweethearts, the 350x just grumbled... they'll get used to each other soon enough there all hondas of course!!

:TrikesOwn

ATC-Eric
10-21-2007, 06:22 PM
oh and when i rollled it in my R's turned there wheels towards it and were fixing to shank the 350x, I callmed them down and told them they were still my sweethearts, the 350x just grumbled... they'll get used to each other soon enough there all hondas of course!!

I know ALL about it!!! When I first brought my 350x home, you could cut the tention between it and the Z with a knife! :lol:

I love the X's, good for you Alan. Now, whad she set you back :naughty:

Brockey
10-21-2007, 06:30 PM
You didn't lock them in the garage together ?!? lol, nice machine by the way.

SYKO
10-21-2007, 07:04 PM
I love the X's, good for you Alan. Now, whad she set you back :naughty:

not really going to say I got a deal, me and gabe worked out a deal, he got another trike as well in the deal to, he helped me out and now its time for me to return the favor!

:welcome: :welcome:

SYKO
10-21-2007, 07:25 PM
i dont plan on doing to much to it, just a exhuast upgrade and carb upgrade, later I'll put new bdawgs plastic on, but first I have to wait for the gas tank sealer to arrive so I can coat the tank and finish all these other tanks I have...!

storm_impulse
10-21-2007, 07:25 PM
they should get along fine... hell there all family!

Dammit!
10-21-2007, 07:29 PM
I can picture the R's circling the 350x like a couple of sharks. :lol:

How do you think my 350x feels? It's in there with three water pumper 250R's right now. :naughty:

Edit: and don't forget the two 70's in the corner like a couple of chiuauas... "I got my money on the beeg one!"

oldsking86
10-21-2007, 07:29 PM
we like our 350x, she fits in fine with the red and green :)

1upfront
10-21-2007, 07:50 PM
yea yea yea, I finnaly got a 4 poke.....not becouse I wanted a 4 poke, but becouse I wanted a rider, and there wasnt any 2 strokes any where that were reasonable, plus I got it from another member and I know its been taken care of, its got a few rough spots, but im happy, I can actually ride now! the goki starter is coming off and going back to him, as he wants that for his other 350x thats fin by me I dont really care for it.. plan are stich the front fender back together, and ride! ride! and do some more riding!! I'll worry about fixing it up after my flat tracker and my 300R is done. I got it from dread head here (gabe) he also does my powdercoating wich I picked up a load and dropped off a load today as well, here she is!

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/southgacustoms/MVC-669F.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/southgacustoms/MVC-670F.jpg

Now you'll have something to put those fork boots I'm sending you on.:naughty:

SYKO
10-21-2007, 07:52 PM
those are going on my air fooler! I think I got some old ghetto ones to go on this 350x

BigGreenMachine
10-21-2007, 08:00 PM
Three liquid R's Dammit??

Dirtcrasher
10-21-2007, 08:01 PM
It was my EX GF that got mad when I brought my thumper home. She said "Great!!, you'll be riding that all the time now" and I said "don't worry baby, I'll make some time to ride you too" LOL...

Nice score SYKO, I'm sure you'll love it. 4 strokes are fun wheelie all day long machines.

SYKO
10-21-2007, 08:03 PM

no quite yet, 1 liquid flat tracker, 1 300 air fooler, and 1 up and comin liquid 500

Dammit!
10-21-2007, 08:06 PM

At the moment. One is for sale, one is gonna get parted and my 86 (el diablo). I'm trying to thin out the herd but I keep buying things. I want to get down to just my 86 R, my 86 350x, my two 70's and my 200x project.

threewheelin-feelin
10-22-2007, 01:50 AM
I can picture the R's circling the 350x like a couple of sharks. :lol:

How do you think my 350x feels? It's in there with three water pumper 250R's right now. :naughty:

Edit: and don't forget the two 70's in the corner like a couple of chiuauas... "I got my money on the beeg one!"

haha dont worry about it the 350x is scared of nothing....other then lack of oil

rally4x4racer
10-22-2007, 02:53 AM
does that thing have a power wheels battery on it syko?

congrats on the score

SYKO
10-22-2007, 10:41 AM
does that thing have a power wheels battery on it syko?

congrats on the score

sure does!! this is a rare honda power wheels, it has a plastic replicated 350x motor in it!! it tops out hard at 25mph!!:crazy: dude..... lol!

:drool:

it has a goki electric start conversion on it, and thats the battery for it

besides that does anyone know of a better shock off a newer quad will work on this? if not I plan on sending this shock out to get respringed/valved/and charged,

I need a front fender and tank shrouds

:welcome:

also!!! (eidt) lol does any one have a white rear fender they are willing to trade for my red fender? its on good shape older maire fender, not broken jsut needs a buffin, ( I can do that for ya!)

SYKO
10-23-2007, 12:07 AM
nobody has any helpfull parts???

3Razors
10-23-2007, 01:01 AM
Agreed on removing the goki starter. Those things look hideous on the 350X

dreadhed
10-23-2007, 09:29 AM
Don't let him lie to you guys...he has been wanting a four stroke for a long time. Syko's been asking me for that X for about a year now.:lol: :D

fla 2-stroke
10-23-2007, 09:37 AM
great bike al.I love my 350x.gabe are you going to sell that goki kit?

SYKO
10-23-2007, 10:23 AM
Don't let him lie to you guys...he has been wanting a four stroke for a long time. Syko's been asking me for that X for about a year now.:lol: :D

DUDE!......shush yourmouth!!! my r's might hear ya!:rolleyes:

oldsking86
10-23-2007, 11:14 AM
Hey don't hate, all you have to do is dump some gas in the tank click it over and go!! It's the cruising bike, helps to give the "race" bikes rest time :)

SYKO
10-23-2007, 11:30 AM
I cant wait to ride this weekend!! especially on trike!!woohoo!!

Kintore
10-23-2007, 11:33 AM
cough cough 4 stroke cough cough

should be ashamed of yourself!

just playing alan, any trike is a good trike cept them damn KLTS, thats right KLTS!

oldsking86
10-23-2007, 11:36 AM
haha don't let TRR hear ya say that, he'll give ya the life story on those beasts :lol:

SYKO
10-23-2007, 11:49 AM
cough cough 4 stroke cough cough

should be ashamed of yourself!

just playing alan, any trike is a good trike cept them damn KLTS, thats right KLTS!

wud you say? I didnt hear you quite well?? what? KL what? repeat?:welcome:

Kintore
10-23-2007, 12:06 PM
Oh sorry, I was a little sketchy in that last post. I said

Trikes are awesome to ride, no matter what they are, thats a solid 3 fiddy you got!

Only exception to that rule is them KLT's. Thats right them KLTs!
I couldnt resist of what I think of them lmao

jus playin bud!

oldsking86
10-23-2007, 01:39 PM
LMAO freaking awesome!

dreadhed
10-23-2007, 07:02 PM
great bike al.I love my 350x.gabe are you going to sell that goki kit?

No sorry man it's going back on the motor I took it off of. You can still get them new though.

DUDE!......shush yourmouth!!! my r's might hear ya!:rolleyes:

I all ready told your frame & parts that are here, you left here you got rid of them for a 4 stroke. I am sure it will tell the other R when it gets back to your place.:lol:

SYKO
10-23-2007, 07:21 PM
I all ready told your frame & parts that are here, you left here you got rid of them for a 4 stroke. I am sure it will tell the other R when it gets back to your place.:lol:

looks like im going to have to dawn my black trenchcoat, Load my gun, and take me a trip to Hawthorn Fl tonight!:twisted:

dreadhed
10-23-2007, 07:54 PM
looks like im going to have to dawn my black trenchcoat, Load my gun, and take me a trip to Hawthorn Fl tonight!:twisted:
:lol::lol::lol:

I was just messing with you...no need for a trenchcoat & road trip tonight. I won't say anything.

SYKO
10-25-2007, 10:36 AM
well I was bored yesturday afternoon to I piddled on the X

cleaned it up allittle more

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/southgacustoms/MVC-671F.jpg

did some frenkenstein stichin to the front fender

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/southgacustoms/MVC-672F.jpg

put on my custom extended hubs and added some stickers to the back fenders

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/southgacustoms/MVC-673F.jpg

I still have to pick up some bolts for the hubs

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/southgacustoms/MVC-674F.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/southgacustoms/MVC-675F.jpg

also added a old 200x grab bar to it since it didnt have one and some stock style high bend bars to it, I like the way it sits with the high bars on it

I have another wheel for the front and a barely used h track front tire to go on there before this weekend

DarkestGKnight
10-25-2007, 09:44 PM
looking good man.

longbedGTs
10-25-2007, 10:12 PM
So lemme get this straight. Youre a closet Trail Pro lover AND a closet 4 stroke lover? Anything else you wanna tell us? Errr, maybe thats not such a good idea. : /
j/k f00l, it looks good.

SYKO
10-25-2007, 10:14 PM
So lemme get this straight. Youre a closet Trail Pro lover AND a closet 4 stroke lover? Anything else you wanna tell us? Errr, maybe thats not such a good idea. : /
j/k f00l, it looks good.

JUST WAIT! im going to put a set of 25x12x10 trail pros all the way around this motha!

:w00t:

longbedGTs
10-25-2007, 10:17 PM
JUST WAIT! im going to put a set of 25x12x10 trail pros all the way around this motha!

Dont forget the spare. Mount it on the back so it wont affect the aerodynamics too much. :thumbsup:

oldsking86
10-25-2007, 11:47 PM
haha I like it bro!!

rally4x4racer
10-27-2007, 02:01 AM
how do you like riding it?

looks good - where did you get the hubs?

SYKO
10-27-2007, 08:44 AM
I havnt rode it yet Im waiting on a side cover gasket, the hubs I made so...I got them from myself, lol, I will take it on its madien voyage in south GA sunday!

SYKO
10-27-2007, 07:47 PM
well took her for a ride today! man it sure is nice to be on 3 wheels again! runs great got to fiddle with a few things, one of the valve covers is striped so it was pouring oil out like crazy the feul petcock was leaking like a pregnant woman, other than that it ran great shifted great, kinda wierd it has great power, but im so used to the 2 strokes it unnerving giving it gas and it just kinda goes instead of rocket launch like my R's but im not complaining! I'm riding again!

got it back and I used a generous helping of some silicon sealer on the valve cover and the petcock hopefully this will help out as I plan on going riding tomorow!!

edog
10-27-2007, 08:24 PM
He's going over to the other side.lol

SYKO
10-27-2007, 08:45 PM
He's going over to the other side.lol

not a chance!! its almost I hate to say it alittle dissapointed in the power of the 350x, dont get me wrong it has power, just after riding 2 strokes for so long it just feals weird, fun doing wheelies!

SYKO
10-28-2007, 07:37 PM
well I finnaly had a chance to get a good ride in!! took it to the river for the day, it was an experience, been many many moons since Ive been on a big 4 stroke trike, im still not to used to the tourqe, makes trail riding iffy! I kepted airing the front wich we all know with the front up there isnt any stearing, to make things short theres some new trails and a few trees down, lol also my widened hubs made for an interesting time as well, since no one ecept a few of my freinds have anything wider than a stock machine all the trails are narrow! I got hung up between 2 trees with a 70% dropoff in front of me about 20ft! nice, that was fun, needless to say I didnt try to go back up it either! ha! lets see... I blew out 1 fork seal, stripped the splines on the shifter (yay for the shaft!) lost the rear brake shoes? wtf? and turned the rear shock to mush! all and all a good day for me!

rode out for about an hr then some locals showed up, well its been around 50 deg today so I was taking it easy through the water, well untill they showed up! I had to get all cocky and show them how it was done! power whellieing throught the water up the slope on the other side and into the air and back again, thouroly soaking myself and probabaly droping my body temp to the hypothermia region for another hour or so, lol

trikes rule!

fresh arrival at the river!

no ride pics the trees were pretty uncouportave about taking pics of me roosting, they jsut wanted to stand there and be all green and leafy all day so I said F'em

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/southgacustoms/100_0631.jpg

and at home!! its amzing at one point this thing was a mud demon, then I rode down the river for a half mile! instant almost clean!

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/southgacustoms/100_0633.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/southgacustoms/100_0634.jpg

Dammit!
10-28-2007, 07:44 PM
Can't wait to take mine out for it's maiden voyage. I can't afford to go all the way to the dunes every time I want to ride so hopefully this thing turns out to be a good desert trail bike for me.

JasonB
10-29-2007, 01:31 AM
lol i love your story telling skills! that bike looks great man, 350x's are alot of fun. Torque monsters for sure. They dont have alot of intensity like the 2 strokes do but they are still a blast to ride around just about anywhere. I love the bikes, Id like to buy one to keep.

your trailer rocks! That thing looks like something out of mad max:twisted:

SYKO
10-29-2007, 06:00 PM
yea I can get out of hand telling a story, lol the trailer was out for that day just for testing I wanted to see how it towed it will be sanded and painted to match my fresh as hell truck soon!

Huffa
10-29-2007, 06:12 PM
Don't look 1/2 bad man, your not revving it like a 2 stroke are you ? :D

Your stickers on the L are crooked, can't have that now! :D

SYKO
10-29-2007, 06:45 PM
there not crooked!! the fender is!! I sat for 30 mins putting those stickers on going aaaawwwyaaaa there even when I put the fender on LEAN! errrr oh well ride it like its stollen!

Huffa
10-29-2007, 07:01 PM
Hey, I just noticed, is that one of those Goki or what ever you call them coffee can electric start kits?

Might have been mentioned already, I didn't read everything.

SYKO
10-29-2007, 07:48 PM
YEA Its a goki kit, its coming off, and going back to dreadhed, I dont want it and he wants it for his other 350x, i can kick it over just fine, starts reall easy for me, but im a gorrilla so a 747 is easy to kick start lol

wheelie king
10-29-2007, 08:19 PM
Alan-

Congrats and welcome to the thumper crew. I knew you'd come around!!!!:p :p :p :p

Good score.

Talk to you soon-- Greg

SYKO
11-03-2007, 08:37 PM
had alittle time to tool around today so I worked on the threefiddyX

painted installed shrouds
fixed kicker/welded/painted
put another petcock on that dosnt leak (robed one off my air fooler, its got another one anyway)
fixed super oil leak (sweeeet)
put the low rise bars back on (going to try them may go back to the high rise though)
made wide footpegs, out of some old 250r pegs that were junk

thats about it!

going to ride da riva again tomorow!

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/southgacustoms/100_0908.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/southgacustoms/100_0909.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/southgacustoms/100_0911.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/southgacustoms/100_0910.jpg

kinda like to have a trike I can wrench alittle on and its running!! :rolleyes:

factoryX
11-03-2007, 08:57 PM
nice trike, now for a crome exaust

SYKO
11-03-2007, 11:12 PM
naw no chrome exhaust, maybe clean it up and put some black on it, I want to keep it a rider as much as possible I have "plans" for it but only after my R's are done

SYKO
11-05-2007, 12:13 PM
ok. I just won a complete 450R exhuast, Now I know the headpipe wont fit DURR.... and I found the thread on members mounting and modding the silencer to fit, but my questions are as follows, for a stock motor with the airbox lid on and a uni filer, the trx450r silencer and midpipe, do I need any major carb jetting changes? and how is the sound, right now the stock exhuast is on there with the baffle removed and its just to dam loud for my taste's wil the stock 450R be quiter? oh and another thing I won it for 99 cent with 15 shippin! LMFAO!

Dirtcrasher
11-05-2007, 12:59 PM
I did the mod to mine. But, I got the HRC tip with the can for another 20$. I run an open lid and drilled out my main get a couple drill sizes, messed with the airscrew and it is dam close. Sounds great too!! I'm gonna toss on my 400EX carb next.

I mig welded half of the stock silencer pipe to half of the TRX headpipe and ended up with a custom midpipe that uses stock clamps on both sides. I also made a new mount to my frame or all the weight would have been on the can and that usually makes em snap.

Search my topics and you'll find how I did mine anyhow and there were pics too.

SYKO
11-05-2007, 06:56 PM
how does yours sound DC? thats mainly what im looking for is a nice deep low tump, but not an anooying pop,pop,pop,pop that I have now.

Dirtcrasher
11-05-2007, 07:30 PM
how does yours sound DC? thats mainly what im looking for is a nice deep low tump, but not an anooying pop,pop,pop,pop that I have now.

I "liked" the sound riding it. But it wasn't until I chased down my buddy who broke down and he said "dude, that thing sounds nasty from far away" that I loved it.... But, I do have the HRC tip and it's about a 2.5" diameter open hole versus the puny stock 450R stinger.

It' definately a low thumper bad arse sound :cool:

SYKO
11-11-2007, 07:09 PM
well since I was painting some gas tanks today I decided WTH! why dont I pull a few parts and paint them for my x then well I painted some parts black and a few white

black:
foot pegs&mounts
rear brake lever assy
rear grab bar
shifter

Not mine but black

350x headlight shroud for atcaddict
350x headlihgt shroud for longbedgts+

white (mine)

350x headllight shroud
handlebars (no pic)

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/southgacustoms/100_1118.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/southgacustoms/100_1117.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/southgacustoms/100_1120.jpg

bit by bit I will make it presentable untill I get my air fooler complete then I will tear the x apart and do the full SYKO treatment!

thefox
11-11-2007, 08:00 PM
So when are you going to paint that header? The trike looks solid but man, paint that header even if it's just rattled on.

On a side note, how do you paint plastics? I am thinking of painting the fenders on my 70 since they are scratched up, it's going to be a yard trike so I don't think the paint will get too beat up. I have painted the forks and have to spray the tank still but what do I do for the plastic? I have been using the 2 part paints and clear from NAPA, do I have to use a different type of base? How about primer and clear?

SYKO
11-11-2007, 08:13 PM
lol, everyone that sees the trike is like "hey dude, you going to do something with that pipe?" LMFAO!! im waiting on a trx silencer and pipe to redo this one so when I get it and chop everything up to make fit I'll put some BBQ black on it

now for your plastics, you need to stop by a local auto paint store and pick up some BULLDOG plastic adheasion promotor, a qrt of it will last you for a LONG time and its about $30 follow the directions on it and then spray with your favorite color (automotive grade pait as well in single stage or base coat clear coat), very simple and holds up great!

ps just noticed you use napa (crossfire (martin senour) paints, I have a jobber contract with martin senour to use there products and everything you ever see me paint other than house of kolor is martin senour.

thefox
11-11-2007, 08:20 PM
Cool, so all I will need is a $30 can and the stuff I already have, great news. I just started using the automotive paint this summer and the crossfire stuff has worked fine for me (well except that time I forgot to add the hardener to the primer :eek: ). My brother moved and doesn't have a place to paint so I have to take advantage of having his stuff before he finds a bigger place.

SYKO
11-11-2007, 08:32 PM
if you use the crossfire single stage always ask for CH253 hardener, it makes a much deeper shine then the regular CH254 I also never mix the single stage at the recomended mixture of 8:4:1 I mix at 8:2:1 much better coverage and less paint wasted, and the base instead of 1:1 I mix 1:75% same principal applies... LOL at your primer ordeal!! I once had a freind mix my primer for me I shot a whole car in it, then when I looked at the table the can of UNOPENED hardener was there, I asked him did you put hardener in this? and he was hardener whats that? I was LIKE YOU MOTHER F*CK*R!! SO I wasted about 100 dollars of primer on a car that I had to use 25 in laqure to wipe it all off with! err.......

rally4x4racer
11-12-2007, 01:50 AM
SYKO!!!!! Send me that dayum white headlight shroud!!

SYKO
11-12-2007, 09:05 AM
SYKO!!!!! Send me that dayum white headlight shroud!!

NO! its mine!:w00t: send me yours and I wll make it white!:welcome:

JasonB
11-12-2007, 02:37 PM
looking good man! I cant wait to get that head light from ya, excited to see how it will look with the matching tank

rally4x4racer
11-12-2007, 02:39 PM
NO! its mine!:w00t: send me yours and I wll make it white!:welcome:

D...E...A...L

SYKO
11-13-2007, 08:24 PM
2 nice brown boxes were at my carport greating me as I came home today... what did I get? a 450R complete exhuast for .99 cent!!! and a 400ex shock from LouisMeilke (or however you spell his damn name!) well first I choped up the 450 head pipe, and have it fitted to the stock twin pipes, after I was satisfied with that (didnt weld it, dont got no argon! durrr....) I moved on to the 400ex shock, Ive heard horror stories abotu how they dont fit, but with alittle cuting to one motor mount and drilling ou the bottom of the shock for the bolt to pass through, it fit like butta~! and next was the dreaded " that shock wont fit with the stock airbox" well, yes it does!!! nah nah nah nah! it still sags a bit with my gorilla ass, but I couldnt purposly bottom it out like my stocker would, I also havnt messed with any of the settings yet, I was lazy and didnt get no pics but I will tomoorow!!

:D

SYKO
11-13-2007, 11:09 PM
ok I had my arm twisted alitle so here are a few pics of tonights rampage

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/southgacustoms/100_1184.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/southgacustoms/100_1185.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/southgacustoms/100_1186.jpg

and for those who are 2 lazy to read the other posts, thats a 450R exhuast setup I got for 99 cent!!! and a 400ex shock mounted with the stock airbox, and yes it does hook all the way back into the carb!

SYKO
11-15-2007, 11:17 AM
here are some more pics of my 450R silencer and midpipe I did up on my X I still have to pickup a clamp and need to weld one more mount on the frame for the silencer, but all and all its done. I havnt started it up yet becouse I dont have a clamp on it and dont want to blow out my high temp seal allready, also made the 450R heatsheild work as well, to update the looks dept. also I have the 400ex shock mounted on with the carb boot attacted to the carb! still needs some adjusting but is light years better than the old 350x shock! more pics homies!!

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/southgacustoms/100_1228.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/southgacustoms/100_1229.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/southgacustoms/100_1230.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/southgacustoms/100_1231.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/southgacustoms/100_1232.jpg

ATC-Eric
11-15-2007, 11:26 AM
Nice :cool:

oldsking86
11-15-2007, 11:40 AM
hellz yeah homie! I like it, looks slick, wonder if it'll run better :) Yo, get that shocked prep'd for ya the right way and it won't even sagg a bit lol

SYKO
11-15-2007, 11:42 AM
my plans are to get it resprung and revalved later (after my air fooler is going again)

thefox
11-15-2007, 11:46 AM
Why use the 400ex shock instead of the 350X if your just going to have it serviced anyways (whats the difference between the shocks?)?

SYKO
11-15-2007, 11:47 AM
well I can tell one thing, it has more travel in it, that helps, plus since its newer it will be easier as time goes on to have it serviced, plus my 350x shock was done for and the price was right on the 400ex shock

oldsking86
11-15-2007, 11:48 AM
Gotcha, yea I'm awaiting mine in the mail, it's a stock 250r one I got for .99cents!! We just grabbin the deals in egay

I'm pricing out different companies, I called PEPS 350 fully done up! I still gotta call works and a couple more.

SYKO
11-15-2007, 11:50 AM
mike look in my sig at FCR suspension, they will rebuild it alot less for ya!! Mine for my flat tracker is on its way there as we speak!

oldsking86
11-15-2007, 11:57 AM
Oh that's right! I'll check em out and see what they can do

EDIT** Just looked, way cheaper indeed! I'm just hoping when they say 150 PLUS parts I don't need that many parts haha I think the shock i'm getting is in pretty good condition so we'll see. Definetly way cheaper then PEPS. Are they any good?

SYKO
11-15-2007, 12:04 PM
well from what Ive heard they're awesome!! and been around many many years, and the good thing!? is that you dont have to ship half way across the country! theres a place right here and GA thats a certified FCR suspension shop! thats were mine is going, allready on its way, nice guys to!

oldsking86
11-15-2007, 12:12 PM
Now that's a good thing, local (somewhat) distances will save on shipping and TIME! I'm going to give them a call this afternoon for a ball park price and they just may get my business afterall, thanks bro!

Kintore
11-15-2007, 12:28 PM
Looking real good Syko! Always a big fan of adding new technology on ole bikes Custom woot woot

SYKO
11-15-2007, 12:51 PM
THANX homie!!! if we dont then they will just turn into relics that we cant enjoy!

rally4x4racer
11-15-2007, 01:14 PM
Yo Gorilla... love the pipe

oldsking86
11-15-2007, 01:30 PM
I just came up with a name for ya... G-Unit! let's see who catches on lol

steven 250sx
11-15-2007, 01:36 PM
lol G-unit nice 350x wish i could get my hands on one.
some ppl wouldn't like me but i would prolly trade my Z for a 350x as i do alot of trail riding i need something more reliable

SYKO
11-15-2007, 01:52 PM
lol G-UNIT??!! GORILLA-UNIT!!! Lmfao!!! buahahahhahaa!

Chevy200s
11-15-2007, 02:37 PM
I just came up with a name for ya... G-Unit!

Oh man now I gotta tell my related joke. Alright so what do say when you find out 50 cent knows how to sew? Gee You knit?!?! :lol: :lol: sorry had to do it

Dude man that 350X is comming along nice, great deal on the exhaust too. Looking great

oldsking86
11-15-2007, 02:54 PM
haha yea Gorilla Unit.. it can also go both ways as chevy mentioned.. NOw it's official, G-UNIT!

SYKO
11-15-2007, 03:01 PM
well I went digging around and managed to make a nice spacer for my exhuast clamp to work (make it hold tight) and put it on and fired it up!! sound great!! not loud anymore!! nice deep thump, very happy!

texastonydobbs
11-15-2007, 03:04 PM
350x has a electric starter on it ? after market or option from factory ? looking on getting me one of those 350x's here in the next month..

SYKO
11-15-2007, 03:07 PM
its a goki starter search for them on the web they still sell the kit, this one is coming off and going back to its former owner, I have no use for an electrick starter, im gorilla monsoon! i can start a ocean liner with one kick!

oldsking86
11-15-2007, 03:17 PM
hmmm I may look into one of these puppies for the old mans thumper.. I want a formal review on it after some riding sir ;)

RedRider_AK
11-15-2007, 03:20 PM
G-g-g-g-g-g G Uniiiit!!!!

SYKO
11-15-2007, 03:20 PM
im sure it wont make it have any more power than it did before, as the baffle was removed on the stock silencer, but you can always get the HRC tip or one of those billet tips off ebay later to make it breath even better, I was more concerned with the sound, I didnt like the loudness of it, it rattled my brain, an I dont want to do that to much becouse it might slip out!

oldsking86
11-15-2007, 03:48 PM
Yea that's one thing we didn't removed the baffle for the sound. Late night riding is fun when the bikes are quiet. They even got tips for that muffler? hmmm xmas present sounds like to me for the old man haha

SYKO
11-15-2007, 09:07 PM
well good ol' ebay pulls through again!! scored a 400ex carb complete for $35 shipped to da door!! not bad....so when I get that on there thats about all I plan on doing to this unit, except to still fix a few striped bolts and oil leaks.

oldsking86
11-15-2007, 11:00 PM
dang cuz you just scoopin stuff up! what year carb did ya get?

SYKO
11-15-2007, 11:01 PM
i dunno.....lol...its off a 400ex....some year?

pickleweasel_00
11-16-2007, 12:09 AM
hey syko, what tires are those on the rear and what size are they? Those would look sharp on my tri-z :D

SYKO
11-16-2007, 12:16 AM
there the stock type dunlops that come on trx 450R's I think 20x10x9 there a good all around tire, plan on changin them out when worn to a sweet set of fast trackers!

oldsking86
11-16-2007, 12:16 AM
OEM tires.. 20/10/9's.. You can get em off the 450r's and more bikes

NOS_350X
11-16-2007, 02:23 AM
LTZ's have those rears too

The 400ex shock, when i put it on my x it was SUPER soft, They are weighted for the linkage and i hated it on my X. Yours isnt that bad?

On the 400ex headpipe, if you would have made your cut about 2 inches back (right before where it would hit your motor int he back) cut it and grinded some off the top of the cut, It would have bee much easyer to make look clean and easyer to weld.

SYKO
11-16-2007, 09:27 AM
oh Its still the stock 350x pipe up front, I just made from the joint back the 450R and it was cake to weld, no problems there. the 400ex shock is alittle soft, but still WAAAYYY better then the dead 350x shock that was there, the good thing about it, is that it dosnt bottom out with me on it like the 350x shock did

SYKO
11-24-2007, 01:35 AM
well the 350x got torn completely down today!! every nut and bolt is out, the frame is bare!! in the next week I will rebuild it back up!! fresh paint and all!! will be a few weeks yet on the plastics but oh well, stay tuned!

84honda200s
11-24-2007, 02:02 AM
dammmm g-unit !!!!!!!!1 thats going to be one sweet ride for sure. i like the hubs man. im going to do that. how big of spacers you make ? you think i could throw 3 inch spacers or so on a pair of 200x hubs ?

SYKO
11-24-2007, 02:26 AM
its only 1 inch per side, I wouldnt go any further than that, I dont care for spacers at all!!

84honda200s
11-24-2007, 03:01 AM
its only 1 inch per side, I wouldnt go any further than that, I dont care for spacers at all!!

ok kool thanks man. im not too crazy about em either. i just wanna sit a little wider.

edog
11-24-2007, 09:09 AM
You better watch out for that air fooler in the corner over there.I heard he is one bad mofo.....:shiftyeyes:

His last owner was found on the side of the road curbed and shanked:eek:

Nice looking X!!!!!!!

SYKO
11-24-2007, 10:40 AM
yea my R's are always inchin closer to my X, but they jump up and down and get all giddy when I show them new parts for them!!! they know thye still get the love!

SYKO
11-24-2007, 09:07 PM
yay! for custom paint!!!

decided to go lime green!! on my threefiddyX something differnt, since I had to pull the motor to fix it I said what the hell, why not go ahead and paint it!! also I need to replace the rear bearings but thats no biggie!!!

heres a few pics!

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/southgacustoms/100_1397.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/southgacustoms/100_1398.jpg

edog
11-24-2007, 09:17 PM
That 250 is in the corner laughing it ass off.:lol: :twisted:

It's got a spray bottle with paint stripper in it.:mad:

Looking good!

chris200x
11-24-2007, 09:18 PM
Whoa! :eek: That's GHETTO! :lol:

oldsking86
11-24-2007, 09:30 PM
haha awesome! There's some guy on 3 wheeler org who has a white 250r with a green frame.. I like it bro

Generation-X
11-24-2007, 10:58 PM
What color fenders are you gonna use on it?

SYKO
11-24-2007, 11:51 PM
going all white for the fenders with some fresh new stickers

rally4x4racer
11-25-2007, 01:10 AM
DO YOU EVER SLEEP??????

How are you getting all this work done? It would take me weeks to get half that done

nice color btw - can't wait to see pix after you get it back together.

SYKO
11-25-2007, 01:14 AM
I have slight adhd, so I have to have a million things going to make sure I get one of them done! put all that together and stuff usually gets done quick, but other times I lag behinde, it only takes me about 40 mins to strip a trike down another 30 to prep parts and about 1 hr to paint so its no biggie plus I painted some other non trike parts as well tonight, got more to do tomorow though!

rally4x4racer
11-25-2007, 01:24 AM
did you strip that frame to the bone? I always take mine to metal and it takes me forever...

SYKO
11-25-2007, 01:37 AM
no not all the way, it had a good paint job on it, so I blasted only the hard to reach areas to get clean and preped the rest with sand paper and a red scotch brite, then used alittle etching primer over the whole thing as a adheasion promotor, (wich works quite well) then sprayed away, this is going to be my rider, and later i will redo the the frame in PC

fla 2-stroke
11-25-2007, 03:02 AM
DO YOU EVER SLEEP??????

How are you getting all this work done? It would take me weeks to get half that done

nice color btw - can't wait to see pix after you get it back together.

thats what I was thinking.al is the man.this will be a cool bike.

oldsking86
11-25-2007, 12:45 PM
That was a color scheme I was debating, seen it on an R though so I was like ehh haha done already.. On the X though it'll be a first and that rocks! Get it done homie, wanna see it

chris200x
11-25-2007, 12:50 PM
thats what I was thinking.al is the man.this will be a cool bike.

He certianly is a busy little bee down there isn't he... completly stripped down a 350x and painted it... plus he managed to get a few gas tanks painted up. That's a months worth of work for me! :rolleyes: :D

I think the white will look way better than the X that had green with black fenders. Should be pretty sweet!

SYKO
11-25-2007, 04:20 PM
put the front end on loosely, got some more parts to paint tonight

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/southgacustoms/100_1403.jpg

TwoHundredEx
11-25-2007, 04:34 PM
That looks awesome!
I like the front disc too, it's the little things that make the difference.

Generation-X
11-25-2007, 05:24 PM
Looking good man!!!!
Keep us posted on the build-up....And dont forget the :pics:
:beer

SYKO
11-25-2007, 11:49 PM
painted some more parts tonight, will bet more pics tomorow of parts on the machine hopefully it should be back smokin again this weekend, I will paint my fenders temporary untill my new stuff comes in.

SYKO
11-25-2007, 11:51 PM
Whoa! :eek: That's GHETTO! :lol:

ya know just for that Im going to spray some ghost penis's on your tank.....:welcome:

chris200x
11-25-2007, 11:54 PM
:eek: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

it's only a figure of speech! :w00t:

teabagger! :welcome:

storm_impulse
11-25-2007, 11:59 PM
damn syko esse! that thing looks good. i cant wait to paint my R. figured out what colors also.... black plastic with silver frame. black and red is still in my mind tho.

oldskool83
11-26-2007, 03:03 PM
syko, you shure you didnt want a kawasaki...man that looks strange on a honda.

300rman
11-26-2007, 04:01 PM
hmm i thought the point f buying the X was to ride something while the R's are down, and then work on it when the R's are working again?

chris200x
11-26-2007, 04:46 PM
hmm i thought the point f buying the X was to ride something while the R's are down, and then work on it when the R's are working again?

Haahaa!! Now that's funny right there... BUT, I think most of us around here are guilty of this as well. You think to yourself.. well I'll just take this one part off to clean and repair it... next thing you know you have 1000 parts scattered all over the garage doing a full redo. :rolleyes:

can't wait to see the end results SYKO! :naughty:

SYKO
11-26-2007, 07:12 PM
hey I had to fix the rocker cover so I had to pull the engine, so. why not paint everything?!? its only going to be down for a week and a few days, all it needs is rear bearings now... so.. 2 weeks down is no biggie, but 2 months is, Dont worry about me I got it covered!

RedRider_AK
11-26-2007, 07:14 PM
That's a funky color combination Syko, but a cool funky. I like it.

Won't that paint on the disc peel off due to heat? Or does the inner part of the disc not get hot enough?

SYKO
11-26-2007, 07:28 PM

hey! who wants to ride an ugly trike?? I cant stand old junky paint and parts!! I like a nice clean rag to sport around on! its better yet having a couple of shiny sweet trikes that people flip out over then having som ragady redneck trikes, people look at you in disgust right?!

and redriderak Ive painted a few discs, sometimes it does sometimes it dosnt, its no biggie if it peals it peals, I plan on PC in a few months anyway so no biggie

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/southgacustoms/100_1443.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/southgacustoms/100_1444.jpg

SYKO
12-02-2007, 05:46 PM
well I got it back into a roller today, its not super awesome wicked just a basic rider, old bolts and such blah blah blah....one day most likely after TF next year I will tear it down again and do powdercoating instead of paint, and probably refresh the motor as well, so it can last me till I die, that is.....if I even keep it that long lol..... will be ordering new white plastic this week along with custom stickers for it as well, so it should work out to be a sharp X after all...

also I fixed the hellashous engine oil leaks this thing had, it was so bad it was loosing a qrt every hr or riding!

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/southgacustoms/100_1581.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/southgacustoms/100_1580.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/southgacustoms/100_1579.jpg

steven 250sx
12-02-2007, 05:48 PM
i'm not gonna lie i like it in a weird way good job

Dammit!
12-02-2007, 06:03 PM
You're not keeping the red plastics on it are you? I mean I know it's Christmas time and everything but.... yeah. :lol:

cr480r
12-02-2007, 06:23 PM
You're not keeping the red plastics on it are you? I mean I know it's Christmas time and everything but.... yeah. :lol:

:lol: now that is funny...

SYKO
12-02-2007, 06:50 PM

what do you take me for a crackhead?? ummm...no.....yuk!:rolleyes:

84honda200s
12-02-2007, 06:56 PM
looks kinda good in a strange odd way. almost makes it look like a 4 stroke t3. good job syko as always.

Dammit!
12-02-2007, 06:59 PM
what do you take me for a crackhead?? ummm...no.....yuk!:rolleyes:

I was just checking to make sure you hadn't lost your mind or something. :lol:

SYKO
12-02-2007, 07:05 PM
I was just checking to make sure you hadn't lost your mind or something. :lol:

well I did, but I found this current one at the dollar store, but it has expired on its warranty so im up for a new one soon.....:crazy:

TravEX
12-02-2007, 10:28 PM
Reading all this sure makes me miss my 350X. Maybe someday I'll end up with one again.

The green looks pretty cool. You do great work.

You need another project? I still have the ATK for ya!

Travis

SYKO
12-02-2007, 10:31 PM
dont temp me on that ATK fool! I always wanted one of those.......bah! your a bad influence!! YOU STAY AWAY!!!

TravEX
12-02-2007, 10:33 PM
LOL! I need to trade it for something I can use, It's just collecting dust in the shop, taking up trike space.