PDA

View Full Version : Its time ......TIGER 500 Unveiled

Orangecnty250r
10-19-2007, 08:36 PM
OK I have put my heart and soul into getting this thing to this point. My goal was to make it look EXACTLY like the 1985 Dirt wheels test TIGER 500 and I think its there (see my avatar).....yes they came with those 10 inch carlisles and you cant buy the 10 inch anymore ( so thats why they are on there for those who are wondering). This is just put together so I could see it and take pictures....its not restored OC style and thats the next step. I will be breaking it down refinishing it by painting properly, zinc plating, and all new hardware. I even have a nicer lower hour motor that runs perfect that will go in...this one was just for the mock up. When I first came on this site and even after starting to collect tigers seeing only photographs of one in pieces on the tiger page until erectordale got his going I never thought I'd rope one of these into my stable!!!!!!!

Orangecnty250r
10-19-2007, 08:38 PM
The Pipe close up

SYKO
10-19-2007, 08:39 PM
damn! thats hot! so simple so clean!! diizzzumm!! and I hate to say it....but those trail pros.....actually look good in a 10 inch size.....huh!

225DX DUDE
10-19-2007, 08:46 PM
WOW.....WOW thats a really nice tiger you have there

edog
10-19-2007, 08:51 PM
Have you taken it for a ride ?

blue27
10-19-2007, 08:53 PM
As always OC........ looking awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yamada
10-19-2007, 08:53 PM
I can now die peacefully...

Dirtcrasher
10-19-2007, 09:06 PM
Thanks for sharing WOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!

SAAAAAAWEEEEEEET!!!!

HondaHarry
10-19-2007, 09:14 PM
Very Nice! I dont know how you do it... I am pulling my hair out trying to find parts for my tecate... that thing is bad enough... but a Tiger 500. Much respect to you, I admire your dedication. I would say it has paid off nicely. HH :beer

scooterroo
10-19-2007, 09:16 PM
:beer nice looking ride you have there oc, cant wait till your showroom is done and all your bikes are in it and on display, i'll make the 2 hour drive to come see them badboys. you do some damn nice work!!!

Orangecnty250r
10-19-2007, 09:27 PM
Thanks for the great feedback guys :beer .... This one was in the top two of my hardest builds so far....the cagiva is another one that has its challenges. Although because I am have a poster made of the dirt wheels 500 I am keeping the Carlisle on but here is a pick with some H traks ( I just wanted to see how the machine looked with them) Nice but I have grown to love the carlisles.....never thought I 'd say that :eek: :eek:

84honda200s
10-19-2007, 10:01 PM
holy crap man !!!!! i bow down before you. that has to be one of the best and most complete looking tigers ive ever seen.

Brockey
10-19-2007, 10:04 PM
Wow!!! Amazing, I'd be putting that on display in my living room. Good job man.

250rulzes
10-19-2007, 10:12 PM
Were not worthy, Were not worthy, Were not worthy!:D

NINJA
10-19-2007, 10:14 PM
That is friggin saweeeet! Nice job OC, I love it! Guess you got me beat.......for now

blsdmf
10-19-2007, 10:18 PM
lookin great dude!

thefox
10-19-2007, 10:24 PM
:beer nice looking ride you have there oc, cant wait till your showroom is done and all your bikes are in it and on display, i'll make the 2 hour drive to come see them badboys. you do some damn nice work!!!

Same here! I'm thinking that it would be a great motorcycle day trip in the spring/summer.

OC, you continue to impress us. :beer

KASEY
10-19-2007, 11:15 PM
THAT PIPE IS A WORK OF ART!!!!!! it took an artist many many hours to build that beauty!!!!! hats off to OC,,,,,,,,,,,, very nice

Black86tri-z
10-19-2007, 11:29 PM
awsome job man, do you have any befor pics and were did you aquire it,egay?

steven 250sx
10-19-2007, 11:33 PM
finally something to look forward in life lol :) thats a bada$$ looking bike

jeffatc250r
10-19-2007, 11:36 PM
THAT PIPE IS A WORK OF ART!!!!!! it took an artist many many hours to build that beauty!!!!! hats off to OC,,,,,,,,,,,, very nice

I second that! Who made that pipe, dynoport?

brrcuda
10-20-2007, 05:58 AM
Nice work. I never had any interest in these tigers but i do enjoy an OC restoration thread.

I remember seeing a tiger 250 in the showroom at a wheelhorse tractor dealer back in mid 80s. They had one on display.

Tiger Question - I distinctly remember seeing tigers with some j arm type handlebars. I think the one i saw in the showroom had those. I also remember seeing them in race pics in DW with those handlebars. They had a wierd bend like some mountain bikes do these days. There is actually a pic of them on the 3ww homepage. They looked pretty cool.

Were those original equipment handlebars? Did you obtain a set from any of your builds? Just curious.

You should take it for one rip/ride before you start phase 2 restoration.

iowarotax
10-20-2007, 05:58 AM
Looks great. Once again, Im jealous. One of a kind!!

Orangecnty250r
10-20-2007, 06:11 AM

Thanks...You are right about the pipe. The pipe was one of the missing links I was sweating over because I didnt have one at all to copy from and I didn't know what I would do about that. I saw Raffa's pipe from dynoport and pm'd him....he talked to the guys at dynoport for me :beer and then I made my contact. Even sweeter with the pipe is that I printed out every picture in the two different magazine articles on the tiger 500 and blew them up...the cover has a shot of it jumping from underneath etc,etc. I brought all the pictures and the machine up to dynoport and talked with Rich....then Rob the master pipe builder built this work of art after studying and scaling all the photographs of what the tiger original pipe looked like. He even noticed the gold brazing in the pics on the rear pipe mount and duplicated that. He did great work and unfortunetly I never met him.

Orangecnty250r
10-20-2007, 06:18 AM
Nice work. I never had any interest in these tigers but i do enjoy an OC restoration thread.

I remember seeing a tiger 250 in the showroom at a wheelhorse tractor dealer back in mid 80s. They had one on display.

Tiger Question - I distinctly remember seeing tigers with some j arm type handlebars. I think the one i saw in the showroom had those. I also remember seeing them in race pics in DW with those handlebars. They had a wierd bend like some mountain bikes do these days. There is actually a pic of them on the 3ww homepage. They looked pretty cool.

Were those original equipment handlebars? Did you obtain a set from any of your builds? Just curious.

You should take it for one rip/ride before you start phase 2 restoration.

I wonder if you are talking about the dead mans lever on the bars.....the photo of the tiger ad has one. I never came across any of those on the 8 or 9 i've dealt with and havent seen any on those I have seen for sale but I am sure someone has one. I was planning on adding some of those different tiger mag ads to my tiger page and If I do and scan them I will post it here so others know what we are talking about.

Rookie
10-20-2007, 08:00 AM
Nice job OC :w00t:

Bryan Raffa
10-20-2007, 08:20 AM
:beer :beer :beer :beer

Wow Oc that is down right SWEET! :drool: :drool: :drool:

Did you get them tires from Bruce? hes has a bunch of them new in the barn..the smaller ones..

I had a picture of them hook bars Ill see if I can find it..

before you take it apart for the final assembly fire it up and see what it's got!! take some vidio!:Bounce

Orangecnty250r
10-20-2007, 08:36 AM
:beer :beer :beer :beer

Wow Oc that is down right SWEET! :drool: :drool: :drool:

Did you get them tires from Bruce? hes has a bunch of them new in the barn..the smaller ones..

I had a picture of them hook bars Ill see if I can find it..

before you take it apart for the final assembly fire it up and see what it's got!! take some vidio!:Bounce

I did get 2 sets from bruce......One set it on my tiger 125 right now and I sold one set to another collector building an NOS racer... these are nice used ones. This motor/carb/ignition set up I never fired up kicks over been sitting along time....I put my other motor combo one away warm after I rode it. So when I put it back together with the nicer motor I had been thinking I will cruise it somewhere I wont screw it all up and take a video.

tecat-z
10-20-2007, 10:37 AM
Simply amazing!! No doubt you do some of the finest work in the country. And this particular Tiger 500, may very well be the finest in the world once completed.

hondahaulic
10-20-2007, 02:46 PM
for the handlebar hooks, alot of snowmobile handlebars have those bends at the end. They also make the hooks that fasten into the end of a straight set of bars.

brapp
10-20-2007, 06:37 PM
this is an awesoem build i'llgive ya a dollar for it lol

Fox250R
10-20-2007, 06:53 PM
looks sweet man, But will you ever ride it? lol

Orangecnty250r
10-20-2007, 06:56 PM
This one I will take for a token ride...then its retired

Eric250R
10-20-2007, 07:36 PM
This one I will take for a token ride...then its retired

Understand completely, it would be a crime to hurt such a machine....however, for the sake of all mankind, just one short video of this monster ripping it up would be incredible. Maybe even post a sticky of it on the forums just so those of us who will never have one can see one in action just once. :twisted: :eek: :crazy: :beer

Brockey
10-20-2007, 07:39 PM
Ya, I would strip off the plastic before final paint and rip it up. Just once. hehe

Orangecnty250r
10-23-2007, 08:08 PM
Bump for Dr Death

82300R
10-23-2007, 08:44 PM
very nice work! :) its nice to see that you can put together such a great collection. then present them with total class. you continue to impress. much respect! keep it up!:beer

Dirtcrasher
10-23-2007, 09:17 PM
Yep, your machine brought about that CLOWN.

I understand that some of you respect him simply as an owner and want to learn as much as possible about his rare machine, but lets be real; the guy is a (INSERT YOUR OPINION HERE) and I'm not gonna play into him or ANY other clown here that feels they have monopolized a certain facet of my sport.

Anyhoot, I like your 500. At least it isn't some pansey ass two fiddy.... LOL

Truth is, you don't come across anything like Double D does. I don't wanna meet him, but I'd love to shoot rocks at him :).... Some people just shouldn't own the good chit.

Yamaha Tri-Moto
10-23-2007, 11:44 PM
Very awesome. I never get tired of Tiger pics. The machine is so simple and straight up....and badazz. sweet job man.

Nightbiker07
10-24-2007, 10:59 PM
FACT: that tiger is better then Mr. Deaths.
FACT: the fact thing is stupid.......
nice ride dude!

factoryX
10-25-2007, 04:20 AM
I don't get it, how come there are more post's on the tiger 250 than the tiger 500? To me the the 500 looks way more fun looking and it goes way faster than the 250.

factoryX
10-25-2007, 04:22 AM
tri-moto that 250r looks like a 200x.

Black86tri-z
11-30-2007, 09:32 PM
bump for a sweet az trike!!!!!!!! cant stop looking at that pipe

Orangecnty250r
11-30-2007, 10:35 PM
Thanks for reminding me I wanted to change my avatar...I do enjoy the fruits of my labor on this 500

Nick_R_23
11-30-2007, 10:45 PM
So when are we gonna get a video of that insane beast ripping up your driveway?? :naughty:

Man I swear that has to be one of the nicest machines Ive ever laid my eyes on!!! :drool: Great job, I bet it took more time and labor then most people would realize!!

-Nick :TrikesOwn