PDA

View Full Version : 250r shock questions

NE250r
10-19-2007, 04:19 PM
I am looking for the best place to get or have my shock rebuilt for my specs. I want it set up for MX and a 260 lb rider. I know the Elka shocks are sick but I was trying to find a way around the 800 dollar price. I didn't know if any places like PEP can mod my shock for those specs. I'm getting tired of bottoming this pig out on jumps. I'm going with the inverted forks so I might as well hit the rear.... Also does anyone have the website for PEP?? i cant find it for the life of me. Any help is greatly appreciated. thanks

blsdmf
10-19-2007, 07:19 PM
Well I want to get my shock set up for me as well and been looking for a while and works performance does work on these shocks and also sells new ones for the 250r and 200x. I haven't contacted them yet but have heard that as long as parts are available they will rebuild your stock shock to your specifications (and for around $300!). If this is not an option due to parts, they sell a shock for the 250r ( the quadstar) and its about $600, but again completely built to your specs. Heres their website http://www.worksperformance.com/html/home.html i'd say give them a call. Have heard good things. If you do end up getting your work done, let me know how it goes. I plan to get mine re-done within the next month or so.

ceaserthethird
10-19-2007, 08:34 PM
Save up for the Elka those things are Bad to the Bone !

SYKO
10-19-2007, 08:37 PM
check out fcr suspension in my signature, they give a sweet deal even if your not sponsored, there setting up my shock for flat track next year

blsdmf
10-19-2007, 10:20 PM
check out fcr suspension in my signature, they give a sweet deal even if your not sponsored, there setting up my shock for flat track next year

thanks for the link! i'm guna shoot them an e-mail. How much did you get your setup for? How was it been for you? I see on their website they say $150 plus parts and $25 for oil, does this include a new spring? Thanks for the info...

SYKO
10-19-2007, 11:28 PM
I havnt had a chance yet to send my shock out, i will be though next week, there prices are there on the site, also they have multipule places you can send your stuf to there may be a place near you so you dont have to send your stuf half way cross country.