PDA

View Full Version : scored a 70.

Jim mac
10-18-2007, 11:28 PM
well the stable went down to 3 trikes last week, so I decided it was time to find a 70. I threw a ad on craigslist. got a call. I probably should have left it where it was. but....
the things got 110 tires, 22x11x8s on back. front tire is shredded. seat needs recover, plastic is cracked. but it seems to have compression, Its a 85 model. I hooked the wire up to the coil. changed plugs. poured some gas down the carb, and being your typical honda, it fired right up!!
Now on to find some stock wheels for the back or at least something alot shorter to run the 8 inch rims. so I can get the rear plastic on. clean out the tank, wire a kill switch, recover the seat, and shes done for now.
I'll post a pic later this week. JIm

Dirtcrasher
10-18-2007, 11:53 PM
Jim, you're a great example of a guy that pulls these things from an near death, cleans the carb, changes the plug and tinkers around a bit and there up and running! You must have "magic Honda fingers" LOL....

Nice score, gotta get me a 70 sometime soon....

Jim mac
10-19-2007, 12:25 AM
I looked up tires on dennis kirk, looks like I can get 16x6.5x8 holeshots to keep the overall diameter the same as the stock 7 inchers. I posted a ad locally to see if I can come up with some stock rims, but if not, im going to order 3 new tires, and a seat kit. so I can start putting this thing around soon. If it runs good, I might even break down and order a set of plastics for this thing. Jim

RedRider_AK
10-19-2007, 02:03 AM
Whoo, go-kart tires!

Dirtcrasher
10-19-2007, 09:35 AM
I looked up tires on dennis kirk, looks like I can get 16x6.5x8 holeshots to keep the overall diameter the same as the stock 7 inchers. I posted a ad locally to see if I can come up with some stock rims, but if not, im going to order 3 new tires, and a seat kit. so I can start putting this thing around soon. If it runs good, I might even break down and order a set of plastics for this thing. Jim

www.RockyMountainATV.com has some great deals too Jim, check em out.

blue27
10-19-2007, 10:53 AM
Hey stock rims were 7" so you need to go with aftermarket rims either aluminuim or ITP makes steel. Also 200X/TRX250X hubs will fit the 70 and you can then go to 4-110 bolt pattern in the rear. POST SOME PICS!!!!! I want to see it with 22" tires.

breastman569
10-19-2007, 02:50 PM
Jim is this the one that was posted in Casa Grande?

Jim mac
10-19-2007, 11:19 PM
No, I posted a want ad on craigslist. Guy called me, turns out his dad bought it for him brand new back in 85. someone put on a set of 4 lug hubs, rims are 2 piece units, off a 90 or a 110. since im going to go with new tires I might just buy a pair of rims for it too. front tire is still the 3 lug, 7 inch rim. Jim

Jim mac
10-20-2007, 12:54 AM
well I just got off the orderline with DRATV. ordered the 18 in. tall 8 inch tires for the back. stock 16 inch front tire. new carb kit, brake lever, cable. petcock. plug. basically blew $178 bucks on a 100 dollar wreck, But Im happy. motor seems to run real good. Im sure the carb is dirty. I turned the fuel mix screw, and nothing happened, after I get it rolling, if it runs good. i might even order a new set of plastic for it.Heres a picture of the way it came home. jim

dizasterzrfun69
10-20-2007, 01:03 AM
Hey stock rims were 7" so you need to go with aftermarket rims either aluminuim or ITP makes steel. Also 200X/TRX250X hubs will fit the 70 and you can then go to 4-110 bolt pattern in the rear. POST SOME PICS!!!!! I want to see it with 22" tires.

83-84 atc250r hubs will fit also, along with 300ex and probablly 400ex. The 300ex hubs would give it like 2-3 inches more width too if im thinking correctly.

Thats a good start jim. I bought one and then a few weeks later i bought the other. One of them is complete and runs good, the other is getting an electric start kazuma falcon 110 engine WITH reverse. I also have a BIG Lifan motor thats going into one of them when i get some more $$$ and figure out the wiring.

Jim mac
10-20-2007, 01:14 AM
thats funny you mention the kazuma motor, theres one for sale local for 125 bucks. is it a bolt in? jim

dizasterzrfun69
10-20-2007, 01:21 AM
thats funny you mention the kazuma motor, theres one for sale local for 125 bucks. is it a bolt in? jim

well the mounting bolts line up :lol: I havent got a whole lot farther than that. I know if it has electric start you'll have to put a battery in it. I also know on my top motor mount i had to make a spacer for inside the mount (like 3 inches long) becuase the mount on the kazuma is bigger inside than on the 70 motor. It seems to be going we'll for me so far but i couldnt tell ya if it is all going to work like it SHOULD :lol: hopefully i'll be done in the next couple days.

Kevin

PS I picked up the WHOLE kazuma quad (had a broken rear axle) for $50 from my neighbor :naughty: