PDA

View Full Version : newbie resto beings pics

tri dee
10-18-2007, 05:28 PM
everything is now stripped & de-greased. while i wait for the right lump to turn up i've been playing with the rake, ride height & stance. Yep that's a clothes prop acting as an axle :wondering my tri is going to be street based & i'm aiming for a fighter look, purist's look away!

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e234/samuellister/3001.jpg

6" extention on the swinger will be finished 2moro..

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e234/samuellister/4001.jpg

rally4x4racer
10-18-2007, 06:26 PM
resto beings?

looks like you have a nice start. that swinger is going to be great

tecat-z
10-18-2007, 06:40 PM
Looks like you have a "vision" of what you want it to look like? Thats good to have a plan and stick with it. Street legal? Sounds like fun. And remember, if you have Q's. Do ask. There are many intelligent people here on 3ww that can offer great advice. Good luck.

scooterroo
10-18-2007, 06:46 PM
must be awesome to be able to ride them legally on the road!!! that z will look sweet with that stance and some nice dot approved sneakers on it.

tri dee
10-19-2007, 02:16 AM
thanx for the positive comments, thought I was gonna be strung up by you guys for modding it for the road.
I could really do with some advice on extending the axle, i've read that the Banshee axle is wider & goes straight in but not sure if there are any Banshee's over here? Is there any other way of widening?

RedRider_AK
10-19-2007, 03:37 AM
Spacers and extended hubs will widen it out some, and work fine if it's going to be used on streets.

What's the "fighter" look?

petesatc
10-19-2007, 04:08 AM
thanx for the positive comments, thought I was gonna be strung up by you guys for modding it for the road.
I could really do with some advice on extending the axle, i've read that the Banshee axle is wider & goes straight in but not sure if there are any Banshee's over here? Is there any other way of widening?

Yep loads of banshee's over here plus alot of aftermarket parts too......best place up your way is www.atvworld.com in Leeds not cheap but will have what your looking for(spacers or wider axle).....also if your Z is going on the road i wouldn't go too wide on the back axle because it makes it alot harder to steer around corners and round abouts are not much fun with a wide axle:D :D :D :D