PDA

View Full Version : Tri-z Fuel Pump problem

DeePa
10-18-2007, 09:29 AM
I recently rebuilt my triz fuel pump without any issues.

Now that it was time to assemble the motor, i broke the 90 degree brass elbow for the vaccum line off of that back plate.

Its pressed in and im sure i can get a machine shop to press it out, or drill it out and tap threads into the housing.

My main question is...has anyone dealt with this before? Where have you found the correct fitting? Does the fitting have to be pressed in or can it be a straight fitting?

I guess they were pressed in so there werent any issues in the direction that the fitting finally tightened down in. You obviously want it facing the cylinder.

Thanks,

Mike

honda250sx
10-18-2007, 01:37 PM
Hmm, Mike. I have had this happen on many mikuni fuel pumps for old snowmobiles. I have never had a fitting break but i have had one vibrate out. I simply put the fitting back in and took a prick punch and just dimpled the housing around the fitting to keep it from backing out. I would just pick up a cheap fuel pump on evil bay or even here and then you will have you fitting you need. IMO

ovhonda1
10-18-2007, 02:06 PM
Mike, I have a fuel pump that needs to be rebuilt. If you have the new guts already you can switch it over to this one. 10 bucks plus shipping. OV