PDA

View Full Version : crankcase evacuation

oldred95
10-16-2007, 02:29 PM
Has anyone even done a crankcase evacuation setup on an ATC/ATV engine? Is it worth the effort? Any power increase? A pressurized crankcase can blow out seals, and most importantly the parasitic loss of power because the piston is having to compress the already pressurized crankcase gases on the power stroke. The easiest way would be to route the crankcase breather hose to the air box so that it nothing else a very minute bit of vacuum would be pulled on the crankcase just from restriction in the air inlet pipe going to the air cleaner box. Next you could plumb it inline between the carb and head which might be too much vacuum at idle and more then likely would cause some driveability issues. I think the easiest might be inserting a tube into the exhaust and let the exhaust flow/scavenging do the work for you and the vacuum would increase with speed. Make any sense? I know on my 125 if has enough crankcase pressure to at least lift the dipstick up if its idling and the dipstick is not screwed in and the rings seal good on it. Haven't checked out my 200X yet but I think it could benefit from this. Any thoughts or comments?