PDA

View Full Version : got my old big red back

stoney420
10-15-2007, 06:42 PM
ok so i bought this 83 big red at the end of last year off the original owner for $600 he was in his late 60s so was about 40 when he bought it im guessin, he only used it for hunting and kept it at his camp, it was pretty much mint and all original except for the brakes; he gave me the registration, receipt and warranty papers from when he bought it new, service papers from when he brought it to the dealer once a year to get checked out, both original keys, and the original tool kit for it! this thing could not have been better taken care of!! at the beginning of this year my moms ex boyfriend (ralph is his name) wanted to trade me for his pickup, i thought it was an excellent trade and needed a vehicle at the time so i traded it, well a few weeks ago i sold the truck for 900$ so i got my 600$ back plus made $300 off it, i went and bought a yerfdog go cart for $350 and after beating that for week or 2 ralph came over and seen the gocart and asked me if i wanted to trade it for my old big red back!!, i have been wanting to get this thing back ever since i sold it! so ofcourse i did the trade and i now have a whole $50 invested into this baby :D :D he also through in the winch and gun rack!
now for the downside, while ralph had it he changed the rims and tires and put a new battery on it so now i cant really call it all original anymore but close enough!
the only thing wrong with it is the seat cover is a lil ripped up so i did a custom tape job on it until i get a new one :lol:, and the rims he put on there were red at one time and someone painted over them with gray, or w/e it is but anyway the red is showing now and it looks like crap, will spray paint hold up on these rims and if so what color do u think i should paint them? or whats my other options besides buying new rims? :( oh and the racks could use a lil paint..
anyway, heres a few pics after a quick bath, let me know what u think and how much u think its worth once i put a new seat cover on it and do something about the rims? and feel free to tell me anything else i might need/want to know about this thing!
:w00t: :beer

stoney420
10-15-2007, 06:43 PM
a few more..

225DX DUDE
10-15-2007, 06:46 PM
Sounds like it worked out well ( the trade).....

factoryX
10-15-2007, 09:43 PM
I got a 200 big red for $100, then my dad traded for his 200x and i got 200x and i sold that for 350, so i could buy a kx100 and then i sold that for a warrior and sold that for a tri-z....

stoney420
10-16-2007, 12:06 AM
Sounds like it worked out well ( the trade).....
yep indeed it did!! :naughty:

thanx rider, yea they are fun to beat on lots of good times on this one! will post up some action pics after i take her out muddin for the first time again, not sure how the nobbies will work out tho :lol: