PDA

View Full Version : extended 250R swinger

JasonB
10-15-2007, 12:26 AM
I want to extend my 1983 250r swing arm. Looking for about 6 inches of improvement here :twisted: mainly going to be for sand riding, this is going on my 300R kit'd Sprock Racing R. I got a site im looking at calling tomorrow, i really need this swinger I have to be sent off and extended by thanksgiving for our ride.

The company im looking at having do this for me is this one:

http://www.metaltechproducts.com/Honda_Swingarm.htm

they dont have earlier 250R's listed on their site, but I assume they will do them. I will be calling tomorrow to confirm. I really want to send off my swinger tomorrow so that I can have it done, chromed and back to me in time for the big thanksgiving ride in oklahoma. The site listed above does it for about 570$ with chroming. I know its alot but I need a few features on this build to be "blinged" out :lol:

Does anyone know of any other companies that could do such a thing for me, I need 6 inches of extension done to my 1983 swing arm and i NEED it done by thanksgiving. Any suggestions? THanks :)

jason :crazy:

JasonB
10-15-2007, 01:35 PM
GOOD NEWS! I just spoke with Metal TEch on the phone, they dont extend the stock swingers anymore because of the amount of trouble it involves including difficulties with the chroming process and the swingers not being air tight.

I am sending in my stock swinger and they are going to use that as the template to make me a new one from my choise of oval or tubular metal. Im thinking tubular right now. Anyhow, its 400$ for the new custom built swinger and 150$ for chroming. Im pumped! 5 days for the custom build, and 2 weeks for the chroming. So i should hopefully have my new 6 inch extended custom built swinger to me in 3 weeks from now. Sending the stock one out today! AHH!

on a side note, sorry for the double threads. I didnt see the other thread about extending an 83R.