PDA

View Full Version : anyone ever shipped a trike??

03 ORANGE SHEE
10-14-2007, 02:53 PM
bought one from the west side, which needs to head east bound:lol:
any shipper you would recommend? and how much was it??

Huffa
10-14-2007, 03:13 PM
I never did this Orange Shee but on another web site I go on they say this method of shipping RULES!!!

http://www.uship.com/

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=516119&highlight=shipping .....one guy in here did ship a ATC 70 that way

What you do is list a pic of machine, give the height, length, width and weigth, approx date to be picked up and delivered (maybe a few other things) and companies bid on it.

You can watch daily then to see if you have any bids, although I think you are automatically notified. You simply take the lowest bid, that's all that is to it and I think there is feedback on the shipper too, so you can be at ease that it's in safe hands.

I actually did list a motorcycle that I was going to bid on but then changed my mind (just deleted it), I think it's a great way to go and should save you possibly $2 - 300 dollars!

If you go that route and save a bundle, do I get a finders fee? :lol:

rally4x4racer
10-14-2007, 04:44 PM
use fedex or ups... its surprisingly cheaper if he will break it down.

vealmonkey shipped me a trizinger last xmas for the kids and it was about 120$?
That was from MD to AR I shipped a 185 minus rear plastic and rear wheels back to him - ran about 85$

stay away from the post office. anything over 50# is thrown by robots and broken.

Huffa
10-14-2007, 04:47 PM
use fedex or ups... its surprisingly cheaper if he will break it down.

vealmonkey shipped me a trizinger last xmas for the kids and it was about 120$?
That was from MD to AR I shipped a 185 minus rear plastic and rear wheels back to him - ran about 85$

stay away from the post office. anything over 50# is thrown by robots and broken.

Pretty obvious you didn't read my post what so ever ! :lol:

Now you did !! Too funny!! :lol: As I was getting your quote at that instant you must have deleted that. I was all confused !!!!

brapp
10-14-2007, 07:41 PM
i have shiped a trx250r acrost country we used a large skid liek a wooden pallet and took of fthe tires and undid the top shock blts and just droped the frame down to the skid and then used a couple of 2x4's and made a really rought frame and made 1/4 inch plywood sides. i think it cost liek 300bux to ship to oregon and i think we used old dominion freight company. but it was prolly 5 years ago so dont hole me to it.

rally4x4racer
10-14-2007, 09:54 PM
guilty as charged, huffa ha ha

200xman
10-14-2007, 11:34 PM
Try Forward Air. They seem pretty easy to deal with. I just sent a 125M to Mississippi by them.

mywifeknowseverything
10-15-2007, 07:29 AM
Just Drive your Skinny Ass out here and Pick the SOB up...If you ever show up Ill Take you on a Tour of some Oregon Dunes....:beer

atcman77
10-15-2007, 09:34 AM
One of the best shipping companies I have found yet is JC Motors. Orangecnty250r utilizes them and also turned me on to them sometime ago. They DO NOT require crating for ATC/ATV's and have excellent turn around time. I have used them on numerous occasions in the past with no problems to date. I know OC will say the same if you want to PM him.

You can check them out here: http://www.motorcycleshippers.com/

The Bean
10-15-2007, 04:58 PM
Another vote for uship.com I had an atc70 shipped from Colorado to California for $200 uncrated.

doughdog
10-17-2007, 05:29 PM
If you can put it in/on a crate I've been using Schneider National. Their a freight broker. I use them for work, and refered them to a buddy shipping a gsxr1000. It cost him less than $175 from AR to CA. PM me if you want the number.

ATCT
10-17-2007, 06:26 PM
I'm about to ship one from CA to the East as well. I got a bid for $500 for a 250R on uShip. However, it was in the back of a guy's truck, uncovered. So, I'm opting for ForwardAir (www.forwardair.com). It's costing me $655 to send it via air. They crate it. It goes from airport to airport.

03 ORANGE SHEE
10-17-2007, 06:33 PM
cool, thanks everyone!:cool: