PDA

View Full Version : How To Adjust A 350x Axle Locknut?

502GATOR
10-11-2007, 09:59 PM
Can Some One Tell Me How To Adjust A Locknut When They Come Loose,
I Started Tighting The NuT Till The Disk Brake Was Not Loose Then I Tightened It Down . Is This A Good Way To Go Buy Adjusting? Or Do You Check Somthing Else? Thanks For Any Help

Liquid-Darkness
10-12-2007, 08:53 AM
Yeah if you don't use loctite, they keep coming loose. I tryed to just tighten mine on my old 350x and 3 miles down the road, it worked its way loose again. Your local Kragens or Auto-zone should have the little 2 doller single use loctite packs. Just grab two big pipe wrenches. Add a healthy amount of the blue loctite to the threads and tighten it prety well. Id say had tight as a hair more then a tire lug nut on a pickup. Then use your other pipewrench and counter tighten then to lock the nut. Let it dry COMPLETLY before riding. Overnight should be fine. Use a thread locker product and tighten well. You should be fine.

ceaserthethird
10-12-2007, 12:57 PM
Loc-Tite is perfect for this Job ... Just get the Heavy Duty Red Color ...

ceaserthethird
10-12-2007, 12:59 PM
O for got to add i seen lots of people out here wrap it with - Electrical Tape too

rally4x4racer
10-12-2007, 01:04 PM
you guys are freaking me out - now im going to go check my nuts!!

502GATOR
10-12-2007, 01:24 PM
thanks for all the info, gator

Dirtcrasher
10-12-2007, 11:00 PM
Mine doesn't come loose but it's in good shape...

Problem with loctite is that everything needs to be spotless and grease free. And if it's grease free, water and crap works it's way in and then it gets all rusty and eventually it's junk like everything else that the zinc coating has worn off of.

I use a large pipe wrench and a couple pieces of 1/8 aluminum so I don't chew up the nut and it doesn't come loose. If it's coming loose then something else is sloppy or worn out.

Don't get me wrong, loctite is great and I use it often. But, I grease the crap out of everything I take apart so it comes apart easy the next time and won't rust up.