PDA

View Full Version : Tripples for inverted forks..?

NE250r
10-11-2007, 07:19 PM
Im seeing more and more of you guys' trikes with nice inverted forks, im just wondering where you got the tripples? Im dying to do this. Id prefer steel ones since i could use the added weight in the front but aluminum is fine. My machinist wanted to charge me 700 bucks for a set. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Jason Hall
10-12-2007, 10:33 AM
What are you looking to use them on? I could probly help you out.

PM me If you want to talk.

200x newby
10-12-2007, 12:19 PM
yeah they would be sweet to get a set ceheap i owuld want some for my 86 310r

dizasterzrfun69
10-12-2007, 02:41 PM
hey you guys think these would be possible to cut out with a plasma cutter? My neighbor has a cnc plasma cutter in his "shop" and i was thinking about seeing if he could make "us" some things like front fender supports, tripples (maybe even for atc70's?), etc..

Nick_R_23
10-12-2007, 08:32 PM
Im kinda interested in a set, but I have a few questions:

1. What would the price be?

2. What forks would be used?

3. Could I still use my front fender and headlight, and would the forks hit on the radiators, and would I still be have the same turning radius, and still be able to use my steering stabilizer?

4. Will they use the same bearings/races as the ones on an R now?

Sorry for all the questions, but Id rather not jump into something that would require modding my front end to death to make fit. :rolleyes:

Jason Hall
10-12-2007, 09:55 PM
The tripples are made so that the turning radious Is the same. We move everything ahead to allow for the bigger diameter forks. We can use what ever style forks you would want. I think that shortened 43mm or 46mm Inverts from a full size dirt bike (125, 250) are the best ones to use. Kayaba forks are the easiest to modifi. Stock length full size dirt bike forks are just too long stock. If you guys plan on jumping, I would deffinatly recommend the big forks. The cost Is about 275.00 to shorten them, not Including the cost for the forks. It Is very Involved to shorten them, but Is well worth It. Some other members hear have used smaller forks, but I don't think you will find the right springs to make them work If you plan on jumping to big. The bearing's would stay the same because we use the origional steering stem. Aluminum tripples are easier to make, but the aluminum Is more expensive than the steel. The steel ones require lots of work after welding them together. The price on the tripples would probly be around 400 + the aluminum or steel. Your front fender can be used, your headlight would probly still fit also as long as the rubber mounts could be stretched around the bigger forks. A steering stabilizer should still mount up, but would need the lower tripple drilled & taped to hold the front end of the stabilizer. An adaptor for your origional front axle Is needed & a brake rotor spacer will also be needed along with the calipar & rotor to match the dirt bike forks. It took alot of time to figure this all out origionally. Derrick Adams & I talked for hours on the phone to make these forks work, and we have ours real close to right. They are 1000 times better than the stock 250r forks. After riding my 450r with Inverts, I hate to ride a stock 250r. The difference Is HUGE. Well you guys probly won't want to spend that much money. My machine shop buddy does exceptional work. He ends up with about 8 to 10 hours In the forks. The hardest part about the tripples on a 250r Is building the rake Into them. Let me know what you guys want to do. I wish the cost could be lower, but with the time Involved that's the best we can do.

jeffatc250r
10-12-2007, 10:02 PM
Hey Jason, what is involved in shortening the forks?

Jason Hall
10-12-2007, 10:58 PM
The forks have 5 pieces that need to be modified. Both outer tubes, both Innner dampening rod tubes, also a compression adjustment tube. There Is alot of assembly & dissassembly work to make them ready to go. Metric threading, they also require new seal holding collars to be made. An adaptor to fit the stock axle. New seals & bushings also.

jeffatc250r
10-12-2007, 11:49 PM
Ah i see, and i assume everything has to have the same amount of shortening? I should just pick up a set on ebay and get a better look at everything. You say kayaba forks are the easiest, who uses these? Honda yamaha,.....? I assume the 125 and the 250 bikes run the same forks right? Sorry for hi-jacking this thread, ill stop asking questions!