PDA

View Full Version : b2 tecate q's

kxt250r
10-10-2007, 05:33 AM
just aquired one of these beast's. no seat time as of yet but as far as looks go these are the kings hands down. looks to be in g/c and stock,everything seems to be there eg.. key ign, overflow, toolbox,grab bar, skidplate, oem platics ect ect.. as far as i can tell the only significant thing missing is the decals..
which leads me to some questions:
where can i find the following:
87 decals?
aftermarket parts?
are there any interchangable parts for these?
what are the recomended upgrades? eg.. carb (38mm aitstryker),reeds(v-3),airfilter(k&n)?
lastly are there any brochures or manuals online?

thankyou in advance for any advice
cheers

Orangecnty250r
10-10-2007, 06:13 AM
Ebay has reproduction decals....made right off my 1987 T3 a few years back. Try typing in tecate decal.....buy it now onlys....sounds like you have a nice stocker.....I'd keep it that way

scooterroo
10-10-2007, 06:32 AM
definately ebay, awesome repros. i have the set for the 86, and they are flawless, even come with the warning stickers. there arent amny aftermarket ppipes and silencers out there, but they are out there. depending on how much you wanna spend, dg makes a nice complete exhaust, or you could go thru a company called jemco, custom built pipe, will take about 3 weeks to get, but worth it. i'm gonna be going with basically the same set up as on my 85, 38mm airstryker, v-force 3 reeds, k and n filter, and more then likely the dg exhuast. will be running 18 inch fast trekkers on 10 inch itps on the back. have heard the 87-88 t4 axle will fit, not sure as to how true it is, or what parts you would need to make this work, but it does give you a choice of an extended axle on it if you want.

kxt250r
10-10-2007, 09:47 PM
thanks for the reply's
i'll keep all the stock parts that i replace. mainly just want to do the pipe/muffler. the axle looks unrepairably filthy so i'll have to look around for an aftermarket one

nd4speed
10-10-2007, 10:19 PM
I put a 1986 KX250 Pro Circuit platinum pipe on mine but the stinger bends the other way a so I flipped the silencer upside down. But FMF sells a universal spark arrested silencer that can be made to work. I took off a DG pipe that looked like crap but to be honest I don't think I got much of a performance gain. You can still get a new full DG exhaust.

If it is the stock carb I would say look for some thing like a 36-39mm PWK.

If you find an online manual let us know.

Aftermarket stators and flywheels are big sellers.

Lot of parts interchange.

scooterroo
10-10-2007, 11:37 PM
hey nd4speed, i have an 86/87 manny supplement in adobe pdf format, could email yah it if you need it, or go here and download it as well....

http://www.drivehq.com/file/ShowFolder.aspx?catID=0&subCatID=0&sort=&isInc=&isGallery=true&share=true&shareID=233462&parentID=636965&parentPath=\\dammit\manuals\

props to dammit for the mannys

RacerRichie
10-11-2007, 07:34 PM
Post some pictures of your score!

Garage Boy 34
10-11-2007, 07:51 PM
A 400ex axle I was told would work. Corey Sprock makes cool heads for them and big bore kits, I have one on my t-3 and I am more than happy w/it. A big majority of the 86 kx250 dirt bike engine is the same,...the stator will work but has no lighting coil.