PDA

View Full Version : 85' ATC 110 has a chain! and runs

chainless
10-09-2007, 09:09 PM
I recently drug this bike out of a barn where it had been sitting for 10 plus years. After my dad and I cleaned out the carb it cranked on fifth pull. Next I stuck rocks and marbles in the gas tank and shook it around to get the rust out. I also blew it out with an air hose, I'm obviously a cheap *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**E dited* here. It ran until the chain fell off so I posted a thread asking all of you to help with what chain to use. I finally splurged and bought a chain for 25$ and a fuel filter for 2$. After using the advice of some of you I figured out how to put it on and adjust out the rear axle. I fashioned a seat out of a boat cushion and rode it all day. Runs great! Really have to appreciate what a good honda motor it is. My next step is to change all oils which I will ask for help and advice with that later. I will post a few pics but it said too many kb and the ones of me riding it are dangerous and without a helmet (wheelies, up on two wheels, jumps etc.) so it would probably get deleted. Feel free to hit me with some advice on anything!

hancadam
10-09-2007, 09:21 PM
Looks like a good project. Get that oil changed asap. I wouldn't ride it until you do if its 10 years old.

rally4x4racer
10-09-2007, 09:23 PM
Good GAWD Thats A Big Filter :)

team-red-rider
10-09-2007, 09:29 PM
u sure thats an 85? thats an 83 fuel tank

chainless
10-09-2007, 09:41 PM
u sure thats an 85? thats an 83 fuel tank

as far as I know it's an 85, at least thats what the numbers on the neck of frame say. How could you tell the difference?

rally4x4racer
10-09-2007, 09:47 PM
probably has an 83 tank on it.. nice bike there, glad your havin fun on it. I agree about the oil tho. Anytime you pick up a vintage ride you should change the oil before riding it.

there is a oil screen (filter) behind one of the side cases and there is a centrifugal oil filter also. I would not worry about those unless you are inside the engine doing maintenance. Just pull the plug when its warm and then put a new quart in.

HEY COOL - you got 3 different tires!!

chainless
10-10-2007, 12:08 PM
I am about to change the oil today. What type or weight of oil do I use? I'm assuming that there is only one oil to change and it is at a quart.

RedRider_AK
10-10-2007, 12:24 PM
Correct, only one oil to change. The drain bolt it on the bottom of the engine. Warm it up some, drain the old stuff, put in about a quart of any 10w40 as long as it isn't diesel oil. And you're done.

chainless
10-10-2007, 12:47 PM
Cool thanks man!

Trouble
10-10-2007, 01:59 PM
looking good man!. can you PM me thos photos?