PDA

View Full Version : 200x Rear master cylinder compatability

Wilks200x
10-06-2007, 12:59 PM
My rear master cylinder on a 84 200x is shot and the clip is rusted in place and its just terrible so I bought a 450r rear master cylinder off ebay before i found this place. is there much modification that i will need to do or is it a direct bolt on. its so close visually, but like an idiot i forget to measure the overall length of the two. Any help would be appreciated. I'll be getting it in, in a few days and just wanted to know what i had in store

Dirtcrasher
10-06-2007, 03:08 PM
You can get just about ANY rear master cylinder to work on anything. The front masters are usually a direct bolt on with just different brake line bolting directions.

As for the rear, it depends on your skills. A simple piece of 1/4 flat aluminum plate can be used to reconfigure it. I run a Banshee rear brake setup on my 86 200X. It took one hockey stick shaped bracket for the master cylinder and a steel offset bracket for the rear caliper to mount up. It looks and works excellent. These pics are the first bracket I made. The one I have now keeps it directly straight and I drilled holes in it for a trick custom look.

All the rear masters are slightly different, some have tapped holes and some have clearance holes. The place where the resevoir hose bolts on changes a bit also. But, if you don't mind being creative you can get most masters to bolt right up.

Wilks200x
10-08-2007, 05:52 PM
so i got it mounted up on bracket i fabbed. its about an inch lower and an inch to the rear, but it looks nice. im gonna polish it up and finish hooking back up. thanks for the pics on the bracket.

Dirtcrasher
10-08-2007, 07:43 PM
Nice, take a picture when your all done!

mapyang
10-08-2007, 08:14 PM
You can get just about ANY rear master cylinder to work on anything. The front masters are usually a direct bolt on with just different brake line bolting directions.

As for the rear, it depends on your skills. A simple piece of 1/4 flat aluminum plate can be used to reconfigure it. I run a Banshee rear brake setup on my 86 200X. It took one hockey stick shaped bracket for the master cylinder and a steel offset bracket for the rear caliper to mount up. It looks and works excellent. These pics are the first bracket I made. The one I have now keeps it directly straight and I drilled holes in it for a trick custom look.

All the rear masters are slightly different, some have tapped holes and some have clearance holes. The place where the resevoir hose bolts on changes a bit also. But, if you don't mind being creative you can get most masters to bolt right up.

What year banshee did you get the rear brakes from. I also have a 1986 200x that needs brakes. Also were do you ride in MASS. is it legal.
Thanks Drew

Dirtcrasher
10-08-2007, 09:33 PM
The brakes were from a 2000 Shee but I believe any year will work.

There is essentially NOWHERE in MA that is legal to ride in. We ride wherever we see trails along with a few local pits, my track and the powerl ines.. Were registered so hoping for just a ticket if we ever get bagged.