PDA

View Full Version : eye sore

350Xccelerator
05-16-2003, 06:13 PM
I bought my 350x about 2 weeks ago and it has a dent in the tank its not really big but i would like to get rid of it, but i don't know where to take it to get the dent out, where can i take it to get the dent out?

MountainRider
05-16-2003, 10:33 PM
If it's a smooth bottom dent with no crease, you can tak it to any place that does paintless dent repair. They use a suction cup contraption that will pop the dent out. I've used dry-ice to pop out small shallow dents in thin sheet metal as well. The dry-ice causes the molecules of the metal to shrink, and the dent just pops itself out. The metal in your tank is probably too thick to use that method, but you might be able to use it on something else someday.

200x Basket
05-17-2003, 10:49 AM
i removed the gas cap and pressed the tank up wiyh air to "blow" the dent out. the hardest part is sealing the hole.

plkmonster2
05-17-2003, 12:42 PM
sometimes if the dent is from a crash, and is kinda small, you can't push it out. you can get the psi up very high, but you risk your tank blowing up. also, it depends on where it is. if it is on the side, in the middle, if is very easy to push out. sometimes you can use a long screwdriver and pry it out.

NOS_350X
05-17-2003, 01:47 PM
i would never recomend using the presure thing to get out a dend i did that with my 350x and the inside (where the mounts are) got farther appart and it didnt fit right after that i had to put it in a vice and squeze it back together and my danm dent is still there

350Xccelerator
05-24-2003, 01:24 AM
the dent is right above the air scoop and wing sticker .

lushatc200x
05-24-2003, 02:25 AM
ive heard you can put a bit of water in your tank and let it freeze. its supposed to pop the dent out. just dont fill it to much and also make sure that you fill it wear the dent is and that it is layin properly the freeze directly on the dent.