PDA

View Full Version : Wheel help!!!!

kuotown
10-05-2007, 01:36 PM
Hey guys I was hoping for a little help. I have a 1986 350x with the stock wheels on that are in good shape. I am trying to find a good set of sand tires and wheels for the bike, but of course I would prefer not to pay new price. I have found a good set that are douglas black label wheels off of a z400 and they have a set of virtually new Sand Gecko tires on them already. I know that it has the same bolt pattern (4x110) but I wonder if the backspacing would be drastically different. Of course a wider stance would be fine, but is it more narrow? Would these wheels work? Thanks for any info and help!

Dirtcrasher
10-05-2007, 01:57 PM
I'm not sure about the spacing, Dennis Kirk catalog (maybe net) has the oem spacing listed for diff models. BUT, isn't black label the cheapo thin Douglass?? I always but the .190 or I bang them up bad. OEM honda wheels are real tough!! I'd just go to Rocky Mountain ATV and buy 2 new tires, over 100$ gets free shipping.

kuotown
10-05-2007, 02:13 PM
The black label wheel is the mid grade wheel from douglas. I don't know if that makes them really weak or not, but I know my cousin has that level of wheel on his trx250r for his sand tires and has had good luck with it. I don't exclusively ride in the sand so I was hoping to get the extra wheels and sand tires as an option for when I do go to Little Sahara in OK. That way I can still use the factory wheels and dirt tires for when I ride trails around the area here. The set that I have found I can get for much less than the price of a wheel/tire combo from Rocky Mountain. Any info would be much appreciated! Thanks guys!