PDA

View Full Version : What can i do with it?

Nightbiker07
10-05-2007, 01:04 AM
another sorta dumb question, but im tired of sifting through all the liquid R mods......

i got a airfooler 84R.
what are any and all availible options to make this biach roar?
not concerned on prices, just what all can be done, with a helpful pointer in the direction i need to go to get it accomplished (performance machining shop, online supplier of parts, etc, etc)

already have an aftermarket DG pipe and silencer.
WAS stroked, but the crank was custom stroked by a moron....going back to stock crank for now. will have it rebuilt by a pro machinist when the funds become availible, IF its rebuildible.

just looking at availible options, like bore kits and such, and if its a kit i got to buy, or a machine shop i gota go to.

what i am looking at is:
300cc big bore (kit, or take it to a machine shop?)
ported+polished (got a connection for this :D)
Have an Emler porcupine head for enhanced cooling
new carb (not sure on size or where to get it, a lil help please? )
4mm stroked (if crank is rebuildable)

anything i am missing here? Any other options i have overlooked that would be a better alternative/add on?
can this be done to an airfooler?

also, what should all this run in terms of $? (best guess?)

i just want a Ripper machine. money not too big a deal, as long as i can keep it all around 1500 by the time its done. will be saving :D

rally4x4racer
10-05-2007, 04:56 AM
use a newer model carb

atctim
10-05-2007, 08:06 AM
use a 1986 ATC250R carb (34MM - I think) this makes a huge difference with an aftermarket pipe. Open filter helps to - no airbox.

SYKO
10-05-2007, 08:26 AM
cant use the elmer head on a 300 kit, atctim has got it with the carb, if you have a 300 kit though you could go up to a 39 a good exhuast, dg makes new ones for it, but I consider dg a stock replacement with only minimal power gains, you may be able to get smeone to stroke the crank, but I think that may be a lost option now for air foolers, of course upgrade your reeds as well, the 300 kits are still here and there in fact firefighter90 on the boards has one for sale right now, but pistons and rings are almost non exixtant, but now there are a few compaines that are redoing the whole cylinder to except newer pistons and sleeves, but including a 300 kit and the machine work you looking at 600-800 all together, still cheap for a big bore, but still quite a bit of coin. good luck!

toocheaptosmoke
10-05-2007, 10:53 AM
IMO I'd get a 300 cylinder if you can afford it. :naughty: