PDA

View Full Version : This is BS!(check this out)

J.D.
05-16-2003, 02:47 PM
Ok so today I went up to the local yamaha dealer, and got some quotes on prices for my 1985 Tri-Z. Here's a comparisin.

Yammy dealer:
Waterpump oil seal: 50 bucks
Waterpump gasket: 15 bucks
Clutch cover gask: 15 bucks
Main jets: 5 bucks a piece
C-clip for impeller shaft: 4/5 bucks
Fuel pump rebuild kit: 60 bucks

Partsfish:
Waterpump oil seal:14.35
Waterpump gasket:1.48
Clutch cover gask: 11.77
Main jets: n/a
C-clip for impeller shaft: 40 cents
Pump rebuild kit: n/a

You tell me if somethin ain't screwed up there! This guy out here must be jackin the crap out of prices. Next time I'm in Vegas I'm gonna stop by the Yammy dealer and see how badly they're gonna f me over.

mudduck14843
05-16-2003, 02:49 PM
is the dealer giving you OEM parts or aftermarket there is a price difference between the two..

J.D.
05-16-2003, 02:51 PM
I dunno he didn't say but I would assume OEM.

brokdown
05-16-2003, 03:10 PM
OEM parts are scary. Honda wants $243 just for a seat for my bike......and there's no aftermarket ones I can find :evil:

J.D.
05-16-2003, 03:20 PM
I know OEM parts a sky high, but these Partsfish parts I'm getting are GENUINE YAMAHA OEM parts, at least that's what it says when I click on more info. Why would prices vary so greatly from Partsfish, to a real dealer?????

J.D.
05-16-2003, 03:28 PM
Another thing, he wants to charge me 20 frikkin bucks for a compression test! I can go get a tester myself and do it for that much! I think my compression is good though because it always starts up 1st or second kick.

Dirtcrasher
05-16-2003, 06:48 PM
Its too bad it has to be that way. My local HONDA dealer will never see a dime of my money, his prices suck. Then I found Midwest Action Cycle and they saved me some chang, then I found Western Honda that saved me even more and better yet everyone swears by Service Honda. It's obviously up to the dealer to set the prices how he see's fit. The same trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro all comes from Americn Honda - at least for Honda's, so I bet they all get the same trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro for the same price.

I'd confront the owner and ask him " why should I pay these huge markups when I can get the same part 40% cheaper somewhere else". Sometimes they CAN do better but you have to ask!!!!

I wonder what the trike/bike parts markup REALLY is. I know its not the same, but appliance parts are marked up to the customer at least double and sometimes more than triple. I pay 14$ for a washing machine pump and you pay 45$

WHAT A COUNTRY!!!!!!!!

skippy
05-16-2003, 10:17 PM
print out the "specs" you got off line and walk in w them.. tell him you would love to get the parts from him.. and you are aware that all of the yama dealers pay the same prices for parts..see if he bites!

MountainRider
05-16-2003, 10:26 PM
I recently ordered some stuff for my 200x from partsfish, and they were O.E.M. parts in original honda packaging.

plkmonster2
05-17-2003, 01:49 AM
rip off! a .5 overbore piston and rings for a 200e (yamie) are 90 at the shop. bike bandit has the same thing for 60 :rolleyes:

Mike Fort Laud
05-17-2003, 11:24 AM
Dealer parts will always be more. The dealer has to pay for his license,the rent,pay the employees,their benifits,lawyers,taxes,book keepers,inventory.and everything else before he gets to make any money. That is also why the dealer gets so much per hour for labor rates. Yes the dealer may charge $20 for a compression test,but add up the price of the gauge, the guys salary that is doing the test, the building he is doing the test in, the cashier that takes your money,and the paper and computer that makes your invoice, As well as all the other stuff and that dealer probably made no money on the compression test.

Dirtcrasher
05-17-2003, 04:03 PM
Well I guess there not as succesfull dealer if thy can't offer the same price such as Western or Service Honda.

I associate it to poor management or greed.