PDA

View Full Version : need 2 remove 350x clutch what to do

jcraig
10-02-2007, 03:01 PM
since i dont have the special tools to remove clutch on my 350 x, anyone know what the best way to do it without screwing something up is.

350Xhilaration
10-02-2007, 03:30 PM
If by special tools you mean an impact wrench, you don't need one.

After removing the sidecover, you can shift the bike into 6th gear and temporarily slide the rear brake pedal on and hold it down while you break the nut loose. You can do the same in reverse to tighten the nut.

I'll PM you a .pdf from the service manual on replacing the clutch. Print it and go through it while doing the job. It should help.

neo19672000
10-02-2007, 03:59 PM
I got my prob solved, where you at with yours? looks like you are in it alot deeper than planned? you call that guy on the 85 200X yet? thier all rich out there its probably cherry for the year. Gimme a call let me know.

jcraig
10-02-2007, 04:13 PM
no call yet. i need to take clutch case off to get the kicker in. wants to start but wont

jcraig
10-02-2007, 04:30 PM
called about 200x guys wants to sell to get 2 stroke. needs top end rebuild, rear fenders and tires. will get pics later

atc4everbob
10-02-2007, 07:03 PM
I'm pretty sure you will need a clutch nut removal tool to disassemble your x clutch. Without it, you're taking a big risk of breaking your clutch basket (I know from experience). The clutch nut is recessed and is nearly impossible to access without this tool. It's a funky looking nut with 4 slots in it. This tool inserts into those slots and loosens the nut. The tool is round in shape with 4 prongs and accepts a 3/8" drive ratchet or extension. Works great. I got mine off ebay for about $10. I think the seller "bikerchicksltd" sells them. That's where I bought all my flywheel pullers and specialty tools from. Good prices and fast shipping. And no, I am not affiliated with them in any way. I'm from Indiana and they're out of Florida. I just highly recommend them.

Dirtcrasher
10-02-2007, 07:30 PM
You need the right tool or an impact gun or you'll be tinkering around with washers and spacers trying to get the 2 pieces of the baskets to stay locked while you deal with the nut.

SWIGIN
10-02-2007, 07:33 PM
the nut is ether a 24mm or a 27mm.....no special tool but a socket