PDA

View Full Version : 39mm pwk triz question...fit and jetting

DeePa
10-01-2007, 06:25 PM
Hey...

I am about to buy a 39mm PWK from esr. They have an adapter ring that they press into the carb to make the airbox to carb boot fit much easier.

Id rather spend the 20 bucks and get that done rather then boil stuff to make it work. I tried it on my 250r and i went through 2 boots.

Will I need to boil/stretch the triz boot to fit onto the 39mm pwk carb? I know the R needs it badly....

Also, where are you guys on jetting? I am at sea level with ronnie's port job and the jug is on its last bore. Everything is fresh in the motor and it has a DG pipe/silencer and a Mossbarger reed cage. I am not running the airbox lid but I do have that airbox cover on.

Thanks,

Mike

Bryan Raffa
10-01-2007, 07:47 PM
I use a torch with it on the bike.. heat slowly smell rubber your too close!

I got a 165 main in and run at 50-1 needle cant rember

ATC-Eric
10-01-2007, 08:00 PM
I didnt have problems just workin mine in. Use a little 2 stroke oil, and a lil elbow grease and it went right in. I guess my boot might also be in better shape then some.....

Im sittin with 170 main, 55 pilot I think........thats with a V-force 3 reed cage, Ronnies port, DG pipe, the pwk of course, K&N, open airbox, and a higher compression dome.

You'll like Ronnies Port job, my bike RIPS!!!!!!!!!

ChrisD
10-01-2007, 08:04 PM
I use a torch with it on the bike.. heat slowly smell rubber your too close!

ditto.....I use a torch and believe it or not....a 12oz Bud bottle to stretch the rubber to fir the carb. A couple heating and cooling cycles almost trains it perfectly.

Liquid-Darkness
10-01-2007, 09:56 PM
I used a two speed heat gun. Held it on high and heated around the whole boot opening about 1 inch away from the boot while its on the cage/jug/bike for two minutes, then slowly poped the 39mm in and turned a little bit. Once it was in and snug, I tightened the clamp and left it to cool. After that It just pops on and off for service or repairs and never changes shape. Its air tight.:naughty:

Yamahondaman
10-03-2007, 10:05 AM
In my PWK 39 i have a 190 Main,CEG needle,58 Pilot ... also ...Deepa if you had of told me , i have a plug that i use after i boil them rubber things and install ... after a few days ... its ready for the carb ... i'll send it to you today

Mosh
10-03-2007, 10:54 AM
I boiled my intake boot in hot water with Murphy'soil soap 10 minutes,Slid the carb in let it sit overnite and was good to go.The oil soap sinks into the rubber and makes it stayt pliable.dont burn your hands.lol

DeePa
10-03-2007, 07:36 PM
guys thank for all of the help. ill give ronnies method a shot first because hes nice enough to send it to me, then ill save the murphys oil and soap for my 250r and then the heat gun.

this should be a good thread for people who are searching for this stuff

thanks

mike

Billy Golightly
10-03-2007, 09:53 PM
Not the same application, but on my flat tracker when I was wanting to stretch the stock intake boot, I filled my bathroom sink with hot water (not quite boiling, but close. Definitely steaming.) and worked its way over the carb with a little lube while it was hot, and then "shocked" it by running cold water on it. It seems to have stayed that shape ever since then. The carb even pulls in and out of the boot relatively easy now. Its still pretty pliable, not brittle or anything.