PDA

View Full Version : Questions on a ATC110! Help Please!

highrollingtj
09-30-2007, 11:12 PM
I just picked up an 85 atc110. It wasnt running when i got it and had been sitting a while. This is my first 3 wheeler, so i'm clueless where and how things work. I have a few questions i'm sure you gurus can answer.

1. I changed the oil and adjusted the carb. its running good now and idling, however its still smoking. This is a beater for hunting season so i dont want to tear it down for rings or seals..any tricks(liquid no smoke:Bounce )

2. On the back, right under the rear rack is a black container, probably 10x3x3, i cant seem to get it open, but it looks like a place to store papers(completely disconnected from the chassis.

3. Where can I get replacement taillights or headlights? I havent had time to take them out, but the switch is moving, just no light.

4. Oh and can someone shine some light on the rear brake, I'm trying to get it running for my little brother to get out and hunt this weekend, but it needs brakes(adjusted or new). Can someone tell me how to inspect for this, i dont have the manual or anything for this cool little rig.

Thanks,

Hunter

rally4x4racer
10-01-2007, 01:29 AM
check out ebay, www.denniskirk.com and www.dratv.com you might want to make sure they have voltage first.

there is a nut at the end of the brake cable that you can tighten the brakes with. Otherwise, pull the drum cover, axle nuts, and drum to check them out

Scooter77
10-01-2007, 01:41 AM
Hello there, And welcome to the forums. Well if she's smoking real bad your only option is to tear her down and replace them rings. I'd suggest a full top end rebuild so you dont have to do it again for a while. Whats happening is you rings are worn out so oil is seeping past your piston into the combustion chamber and burning. And that black box "bottom left" is a tool box so you can store a few basic tools. And the breaks, there should be a threaded rod that leads off from the break leaver on the right side. Mine was connected with a wing nut. turn the nut clockwise a few turns and keep checking the breaks to see if they have any response. Thats the cheap way to do it but i would suggest removing the outer cover on the drum and inspecting the pads. If they're worn to the metal they need replacing. Anyway its getting late so i'll check back in tomorrow. :TrikesOwn

highrollingtj
10-01-2007, 09:05 AM
Thanks guys. I will definitely look into getting the brakes done. I'm going to try to deal with the smoke a little while longer since I bought this thing for deer season, i better ride it:naughty:

Thanks for the responses and ideas. Keep em coming.