PDA

View Full Version : Tri-Z motor mount trouble

shadowwlkr1
09-30-2007, 02:57 PM
The rear motor mount/swingarm bolt on my 85 Z WILL NOT come out. The shock is no longer conneceted to the swingarm and the frame is suspended by the "sissy bar" on the back. I can't think of any reason it woldn't come out. We've moved it out about an inch or so via hillbilly mechanics (a hammer, a block of wood and alot of shaking) and I'm sure if it was rusted we would have broken that loose. Why cant it be punched out? What's the trick? Other than coveringing it in lube and hitting it harder I just don't know.
Also, why do those V38SS (or whatever they are) loose their idle screw and what else works besides a new carb? thanks

Bryan Raffa
09-30-2007, 03:01 PM
try a air hammer that works for me.. but it might cost you a piviot bolt.. if that dont work cut both sides of the swinger with a sawzall and air hammer it out .. once its out of the bike its easyer to work on... then PM ronnie for a stainless one it will never rust!

shadowwlkr1
09-30-2007, 03:06 PM
An Air hammer huh,, thanks I'll try that.

pickleweasel_00
09-30-2007, 09:49 PM
yeah, it will eventually come out. The bearings in mine were shot and it took a decent ammount of hammer work and a few choice words :D But it finally came out, just the nature of the beast. And if it was anything like mine, you will have to beat it almost all the way out