PDA

View Full Version : Need help on 200X and atc90

Ragde
05-15-2003, 10:05 PM
I've got a 1984 200X, and the clutch is slipping and also when it gets warmed up it craps out and dies, then it wont start till it cools down. the guy I got it from said he thaught it was the coil or somthing. Can anybody give me some help. also how difficult is it to do up the clutch?

I also have an old atc90 that the recoil spring broke on, I bought a spring but I think it was to heavy and I never got it put on. I need a breakdown of the recoil starter assembly and some advice on the best way to put that spring in and get the thing back together.

Thanks

mudduck14843
05-15-2003, 11:54 PM
te clutch is easy to change if you have the "special honda service tool#!@#$%$##@$%%"
they are east to make from what i've heard...i bought one for mine for around 30 bones.
does it smoke when it gets hot?
does it skip or spit and sputter when it dies?
has the motor been apart?
when it dies does it lock up the motor or just not start?

MountainRider
05-16-2003, 10:45 PM
When a CDI module goes bad, it usually does one of two things:
1. Stops working completely, immediately, and without warning

or

2. Suffers thermal degradation, i.e., works fine for a while, but once the circuits heat up good, it ceases to operate (suddenly) until it cools off. If it's doing this, it won't be long until it doesn't work at all.

The stator coil can behave much the same way, but will usually provide some erratic spark at idle, at least for a while, but when you try to increase the rpm, it just sort of dies out.

(personal experiences, your situation may be completely different)

Ragde
05-20-2003, 07:54 PM
If I remember right:
No it doesnt smoke when it gets hot
doesnt skip, spit, etc. when it dies
as far as I know the motor hasnt been apart
when it dies the motor doesnt lock up, it just wont start
thanks

jeswinehart
05-20-2003, 10:29 PM
some of the things i have tried on a trike with very same problem was to check to see if was sparking when it puked or if it is getting fuel when it pukes ( howdy,,, heard that b-4 lol) might be something as simple as a clogged up gas cap to a coil or ingnition module giving up,,,

good luck,,, john

( i know it's a real hair puller first hand !)