PDA

View Full Version : just a couple questions

oldred95
09-28-2007, 03:43 PM
I recently got my 84 200x out and my dads 86 250SX out and rode them a while to keep them limbered up and I was shocked out how doggy his 250SX felt compared to my 200X. His is totaly bone stock and runs like new but it just felt sluggish compared to the snap of my 200X that is stock except for a K&N filter, 40 over bore stock compression piston, and some mild port work. Does that seem right for the 200X to run better then a 250SX?

The other thing is how difficult would it be to make a head pipe for a 200X? I've always heard filling the pipe full of sand and capping the ends prevents it from kinking when its bent and then I suppose heating it and bending it around a radius such as a pipe would work. Yes? No?

One more thing. The rear part of the frame on the 200X is twisted. The seat and fenders as well as the grab handle sit low on one side and if you look at it from the rear the frame is noticable twisted. Is there any hope in twisting the frame back? Its just a cosmetic thing thats bothering me really, it doesn't seem to be effecting the trike at all.