PDA

View Full Version : info on getting a cylinder sleeved?

scooterroo
09-28-2007, 06:07 AM
well im looking to get my kx cylinder sleeved and matched up to a piston kit for the 85 t3. was wondering who other people have used to get this done. what kinda price range they paid and turn around time. i have one company in colorado i have been looking at, looking at about 350-375 for everything. any info would be appreciated.

tecat-z
09-28-2007, 07:30 AM
Don't do it! Have it replated by U.S. chrome in Wisconsin. It's gonna cost you about the same, and replating is the most accurate way to go. Heard and seen many butched sleeve jobs. It can be plated over and over.

honda250sx
09-28-2007, 11:13 AM
I just bought a Tri-Z cylinder on a whim. It was engraved by a place called Kustom Kraft on the side. Come to find out they do cylinder repair and resleeving. They did a hell of a job on it. One of the better i have seen. Check them out. www.kustom-kraft.com

scooterroo
09-28-2007, 02:45 PM
thats the ones im looking at getting it done thru...good to know someones got something good to say about them.

tecat-z
09-28-2007, 03:17 PM
Yes, but tri-z's come with cast in iron liners from the factory. There is no choice in that situation. Nicasil is faster:::::!

honda250sx
09-28-2007, 03:33 PM
Nikasil is indeed a good way to go as well. But i would not go thru the guys at U.S Chrome. I would go thru millenium technologies. These guys are also in Wisconsin. I have had snowmobile cylinders done by both. Milleniums you absoulutley cannot lock up there cylinders! http://www.mt-llc.com