PDA

View Full Version : Should I part out or sell as whole?

Levithan
09-26-2007, 10:22 PM
Hi guys. I have an Auto X that Im thinking I should get rid of. Its a fun little bike, it just has some issues that Im pretty tired of dealing with. First of all, the pull start rope likes to break about once a year, and that is an annoying issue. Also, sometimes its a real bugger to start, hasnt been in the past, but that too, is getting on my nerves. The bike has alot of balls and is fun to ride, but I have another 200x kickstart project that basically just needs to be put together. It also needs new front bearings, which are going bad. I would keep it, but I just dont have the time or funds to work out all the bugs, its mostly a time issue, and I've been out of state alot as of late. So, what do you think I should do guys? Sell it as a whole, or part it out? I was thinking if I sold it, let it go for a solid 500 bucks. Im not sure how much more id be able to make If I parted it. Its been alot of work, building up the engine, then getting it in the bike and all that stuff. Well, let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

RedRider_AK
09-26-2007, 10:44 PM
What kind of "building up" of the engine did you do?

pickleweasel_00
09-26-2007, 10:49 PM
might make a little more parting it out but then you will be stuck with leftover parts that nobody wants. I'd say sell it whole, sounds like it would make somebody a good project, plus it would be another one saved ;)

Levithan
09-27-2007, 02:27 AM
I rebuilt the top end. The bike has a 200s engine in it, and a 200s carb as well. It has the stock piston from a 200x engine in it, so the compression is 9.6 instead of 7.8. It isnt a stock exaust, its a fabbed one that is shorter than stock, with a spark arrest. The bike runs, im just sick of fiddling with it, so I suppose that I will sell it as a whole. The pull start rope just breaks alot because there isnt a decompression lever on the head. I would like to find one with a steel braid inside so that doesnt happen anymore. The bike has been through alot, and has had 2 engines in it over all. Anyways, yep, thats my .02

Jim mac
09-27-2007, 09:40 AM
did I read it here or someone told me sometimes the plate for the decompression cable will tear up the pull cord. maybe just remove the plate inside? jim

oldskool83
09-27-2007, 10:06 AM
sell it as a whole, 200x guys only want motors, plastics and tanks, and working brakes, maybe shocks?

you'd be left with way to much junk left over. i know i am.

Levithan
09-27-2007, 06:06 PM
Well, I guess its going up for sale....