PDA

View Full Version : 84/84 Tecate250 Question

TRI-Z RACER#3
09-26-2007, 08:27 PM
First off hellow every one I am new here but not new to 3 wheeling..lol me and my tri-z been together since it was new in 86 and I have had many others before as I use to race them mx.. I was never a Kawasaki guy I have come into a red(factory) tecate and i havent seen many my self...you guys seem to be on top of whats rare and whats not...so is it ??? thanks for any input and glad to have found such a place dont no how many of you owned 3wheelers back then but man the mx racing was wicked..at least up here in newengland!!!

BigGreenMachine
09-26-2007, 08:36 PM
Great machines, high strung and like to rattle themselves apart unless you loctite and check bolts.

The stators usually go bad but PVL (Penton) makes replacement performance ignition systems for them.

I'd get it only if it isn't beat down.

Check out Hadar's sweet modded Tecate. :Bounce

TRI-Z RACER#3
09-26-2007, 08:48 PM
YA I use to see that lap after lap..opps look out for that woop...opps look out for that tecate part in the track..lolll no realy factory red clr..I dident see many back then..now???

BigGreenMachine
09-26-2007, 08:54 PM
safety wire the frigger and call it good. You really do not see that many red Tecates, especially in really good condition with nice factory plastic.

hadar
09-26-2007, 08:54 PM
Speak of the devil. I would say that just about any tecate is rare anymore. They did make quite a few red ones 84-85, not so much 85.

brrcuda
09-27-2007, 01:29 AM
The new englanders are popping up all over these days. welcome:w00t:

I always had a thing for those old tecates. Any chance you used to race at lebanon valley speedway just over the border in NY? The tecates ruled the track there, but much of that was the local sponsorship and kawi dealership. You must have been there cause thats where the east coast national events were held each year. There was even a tiger dealer local to support the scene. I was just a youngin then.

We ride in southern NH, trails are plentiful up here compared to MA. Lets go riding. We all ride two stroke 250s.

oh yeah - red tecates are rare. They tend to keep and not fade there color better than the green ones.

NINJA
09-27-2007, 02:00 AM
Check out Hadar's sweet modded Tecate. :Bounce[/QUOTE]

OMG! That thing is sweet, wait'll I show those pics to TJ.

Levithan
09-27-2007, 02:39 AM
Id grab one if you have the opportunity. I got a green t3 84, but no spark, and I still havent gotten it running. =\ But anyways, good luck on that, let us know how it goes!