PDA

View Full Version : A+ 70 frame measurments

johnny's X
09-26-2007, 11:59 AM
If anyone on the boards has a A+ frame I could use some measurments. Do they use stock frame tube and then bend. What iam looking for is were the bend starts and if anyone knows the angle. I have a few 70 frames and I am trying to make a jig to make suspension 70's.

Vealmonkey
09-26-2007, 02:50 PM
The A+ frame is a custom tube frame. I have one that I can try and measure later, at work right now. Heck, if you wanted to come to Baltimore, you could measure it up to your hearts content, and my PK racing frame also if you want. The suspesnsion frames don't really use any parts of the stock frame. If you do a search for suspension 70, you will see my pictures of the 2 rolling frames. If you want to come down, just give me a heads up and a couple days notice to make sure I'm not working, shift work sucks sometime.

blue27
09-26-2007, 03:24 PM
I will take some pics today, I have my A+ frame tore down right now.

johnny's X
09-26-2007, 04:52 PM
Measure to see if the length of the tube is different than a stock tube. I was thinking I could just bend the stock tube to be like the suspension 70

blue27
09-26-2007, 05:10 PM
first pic is a stock 70 frame( alittle bent) 2nd is compared to a chinese pit bike frame

johnny's X
09-26-2007, 05:24 PM
Well iam going to cut of the welds tonight so only thing I have left is the tube. I guess trail and error will be this projects name. I will put it in bender until it looks close i guess. Then on to the swinger, cut and shorten one that I will use. Iam going to try and use bearing carrier from stock and mod to 350 or 250 swinger, not sure how that will work but I will find out tonight.

KASEY
09-26-2007, 10:26 PM
the stock tube is WAY to thin and WEAK TO WASTE TIME MESSING WITH ,,, there is no comparison in wall thickness . stock 70's bend very easy ,,, i used a stocker to build my first one too,,, its long gone and BENT!!

thefox
09-26-2007, 10:59 PM
the stock tube is WAY to thin and WEAK TO WASTE TIME MESSING WITH ,,, there is no comparison in wall thickness . stock 70's bend very easy ,,, i used a stocker to build my first one too,,, its long gone and BENT!!

I agree, stockers tend to do this....

200x Basket
09-26-2007, 11:25 PM
nice rake job on that one!!!

johnny's X
09-27-2007, 12:50 PM
Well I have already started to cut up the frame. I know they are weak but I am just doing this to make a jig more or less. If everything turns out well I would start a frame from scratch.

Yamada
09-27-2007, 12:54 PM
I agree, stockers tend to do this....

Nice OCC style atc 70 chopper:p :beer

thefox
09-27-2007, 01:11 PM
nice rake job on that one!!!

Well we have all seen machines with the engine as a stress member of the frame, now how about using the gas tank! The tank was binding up between the rear bolt and the front mounts, that was all that kept the engine from digging in the ground. Let’s just say I got a little surprise when I landed the wheelie :eek: .

Vealmonkey
09-27-2007, 02:38 PM
As far as the frame length goes, you might think of lengthening it a couple of inches so the hot engine parts will definitely not touch the fender.