PDA

View Full Version : Project X, 350X and 200X build

rally4x4racer
09-24-2007, 03:52 AM
I am building a 350x and 200x to be "all around" machines and started this thread to keep from starting multiple thumper threads when I get hung up. Here are pictures of the 350x that I am starting with - nearly a case.

I am glad I did not ride it before I started working on it. top motor mount bolts were loose - one was missing, rear motor mount is missing. the front caliper was hanging on by one bolt - and the top of the caliper was full of wet grass. one of the headers was busted! The seller said "the back brakes work if ya pump em' see.." - the whole rear brake system was garbage. and oh yea, one of the bearings was blown, compression is low, and the frame has a pretty nasty weld where it was broken.

Definately a project!!

BigGreenMachine
09-24-2007, 11:33 AM
At least its a good base to work with and you won't feel bad about riding it since its not a pristine example.

rally4x4racer
09-24-2007, 02:06 PM
ha, far from pristine...
I put new JT sprockets (stock gearing) and a DID chain on it when i replaced the rear caliper / rotor and bearings. After that I pulled the fork tubes and put some pro moly seals in the forks and cleaned up the sliders. Just put a new RCM pipe on and got a front reservoir with a CLEAR sightglass! Check out the inside of the tank - I ran ice machine cleaner thru it when I painted it. I also chopped the air box lid, covered it with outerwears pre-filter material, and installed a new UNI and a 400 ex carb. That carb made a huge difference.