PDA

View Full Version : Bought another ATC! Did I get a good deal?

brddog7683
09-23-2007, 08:54 PM
Found this 85 ATC 110 and bought it for $350. Seemed like a good deal to me, what do you guys think? Runs perfect, no power loss as it seems it was taken good care of and is original motor. Looks like all it needs is cosmetic things like the trunk lid, a new thumb throttle (little rusty but works ok) and the black crossbar pad on handlebars. Front tire could need changing, a little dry rotted in sidewall but not bad for the money...even the tool box and lid still intact! :D
Perfect bike for trail riding. Brother is gonna let his daughter ride it since she's outgrown the ATC 70:lol:

3-WheelHogger
09-23-2007, 08:58 PM
dang it man ... thas a clean lookin bike ... i'da bought it too

jimeeatc
09-23-2007, 09:00 PM
what a deal! maybe too nice to use it, looks mint original except for tires. -bargain

3Wheelers4Life
09-23-2007, 09:26 PM
wow! good deal, the sticker or the paint on the tank aren’t even rubbed off - unless their aftermarket and its been repainted. looks very clean.

brddog7683
09-23-2007, 09:28 PM
I thought so too. My brother drove 8 hours to and from to pick it up. I was really amazed how clean it was for the money. I was thinking we'd have to at least put new brakes or something on it...Nope, perfect...rides straight and nothing out of alignment either.

edog
09-23-2007, 09:40 PM
You stole that thing!!!!

brddog7683
09-23-2007, 09:47 PM
wow! good deal, the sticker or the paint on the tank aren’t even rubbed off - unless their aftermarket and its been repainted. looks very clean.

seems to be original and doesn't even have a dent in the tank, I find that amazing. I think if it was restored at one time we wouldnt of got it so cheap.
I haven't ridden a 110 in years....only different thing getting use to is the gear pattern, the gears are all up, 1st through 4th. Kick them all down and your in Neutral, Were all the 110's made this way?

3-WheelHogger
09-23-2007, 10:52 PM
only different thing getting use to is the gear pattern, the gears are all up, 1st through 4th. Kick them all down and your in Neutral, Were all the 110's made this way?

i think it's certain years that are like that ... i've gotta 200s that is the same way ... all ma buddies bikes are opposite though, neutral is all tha way up ... i wonder why honda did that?

200xman
09-23-2007, 10:54 PM
seems to be original and doesn't even have a dent in the tank, I find that amazing. I think if it was restored at one time we wouldnt of got it so cheap.
I haven't ridden a 110 in years....only different thing getting use to is the gear pattern, the gears are all up, 1st through 4th. Kick them all down and your in Neutral, Were all the 110's made this way?

84 and older Honda automatics shifted down to go up in the gears, 85 and later shifted up just like the clutch bikes. The toolbox lids are still available from Honda and are pretty reasonable too. The only difference from origional is the big imprinted warning.

brddog7683
09-24-2007, 09:35 AM
84 and older Honda automatics shifted down to go up in the gears, 85 and later shifted up just like the clutch bikes. The toolbox lids are still available from Honda and are pretty reasonable too. The only difference from origional is the big imprinted warning.

Thanks for the info, I'll let him know, especially on the toolbox lid. Thats all it needs to make complete.

keister
09-24-2007, 11:45 AM
Lighly hit the thumb throttle with an SOS pad and it will shine it up like new too. That little bugger is a great score.

Chevy200s
09-24-2007, 12:06 PM
great deal man, I love the 110's, I got 3 of them now and its still not enough. everything looks like its in great shape, good deal man!