PDA

View Full Version : honda 110 with lifan 125cc

kernalklink
09-21-2007, 02:36 PM
i have this extra 110 frame and was thinking about putting one of those china Lifan 125cc eninges on it - i hear they are pretty cheap and impressive - with a manual 4-speed it would have to be fun

Has anyone tried this

my dad has a sl-70 and i checked out the motor and it is designed alot differently
I did some measuring and it's not that far off

if anyone has tried it my question would be:

how well did the chain work out were you able to use the old rear sproket/chain tensioner?

the other concern of mine would be the intake, would the 110 intake bolt to the lifan? - with the lifan's larger intake port it might be kinda restricting though

pictures would be awesome!

jeffatc250r
09-21-2007, 02:43 PM
I think KASEY is the man to talk to about this, he seems to know a lot about those lifans.

DarkestGKnight
09-21-2007, 02:43 PM
hi i heard the kickstarts are the only problems with these engines, but im not to sure. good luck

blue27
09-21-2007, 03:25 PM
The lifan will not bolt in, but could be made to work. I know of some guys who put Honda 110s in 70 frames so the sprockets should be close to lining up. The 110 uses a 428 chain and the 70/Lifan engines use a 420 chain (difference is in the width) so you should be able to run the 428 chain. The intake will not work from the Honda but there are a bunch of aftermarket intakes to fit the lifans , so you should be able to get one to work, with the size of a 110 frame I would think a standard Lifan intake should work for clearance but if you want to use the stock airbox there maybe some issues. Biggest problem is the kickstarter it will not clear the fenders without modification to the fenders, you can do a pull start conversion or get an electric start model of engine (make sure you get one with the starter on the bottom) and then modifie the exhaust header to fit. Keep us informed if you try it, I would like to knoe if it does work for sure.

kernalklink
09-21-2007, 04:07 PM
i already have thought about the kick starter - the 110 rear fenders could be removed so easily for startup then put back on to ride!