PDA

View Full Version : Project '85 200x

cragster
09-20-2007, 04:26 PM
Okay here we go again...
Been working on my 85 200x.
Right now heres the list of things to do:

Repaint motor, pegs, shifter, kicker, tank, forks, hubs.

Ive ran into one problem,,, a broken exhaust stud in the motor. An EZ-OUT busted off in there on us too..:cry: now what?!!?!?

I took off the stock tank shrouds, front fender, headlight, hubs, carb.

I put on 400ex hubs already. Ive got a set of offset 8 inch rims im buying some 18x11/8 Turf Tamer tires for. The offset wheels along with the new hubs should give it a nice wide stance.....along with 18 inch tires should look and handle nice. :p

Im gonna get either an Xr200 carb or i might try an get a lifan 30mm carb.

Ive got new fork seals and new rear bearings and seals coming for the axle. I do not know how to do fork seals though so im gonna need some help with that. Also while im at it, i want to install progressive springs... but im going to need help there too. And i have no clue how to rejet carbs....:rolleyes:

I bought a Cobra Exhaust system for it. Im going to get a K&N Filter depending on how much they are or maybe just a UNI. Im gonna run no airbox lid.

I really like the stock 350x tank and shrouds so i bought a set of 350x shoruds that have some cracks in them. Im going to cut off the indents for the stock screws and such. Then im going to sand it down and fiberglass over my work and the cracks. Then sand down the fibering i did to it and primer it and paint them.. Im hoping to make them look real good in the end.

Also in addition to the new shrouds i have a 250r Front Fender and headlight off an 85-86 250r.

Im going to get a stock 400ex toolkit to put on it, and also a 450r/new style 400ex brake/tail light for it.

Im going to install a new clutch and clutch cable and a raptor EZ pull lever.

This sound like a good plan.. Am i missing any thing?

edog
09-20-2007, 04:30 PM
Ya,spend that money on a Liquid R.lol

There are lots of threads on the 200X.Use the search bar sometime.

oldskool83
09-21-2007, 07:07 AM
i wouldnt ask us what your missing, i would ask your self. once you fine your answer look deep inside your walled and see if you can pay for it.

cragster
09-21-2007, 10:45 PM
ok progress pics.. i am going to combine stock 350x and 200x tank shrouds. Im gonna cut them both and permanantly peice them together with fiberglass matting and resin. Then im gonna putty them up and sand em down and repaint both peices...heres what ive got so far for a mock up. Also a pic of my motor outta the frame and the new exhaust i bought for it

cragster
09-21-2007, 10:48 PM
more pix........
im hopin to have the tank shrouds completed by like next week but a fiberglassing kits costs like 20 bucks lol :cry:
:beer :beer

storm_impulse
09-21-2007, 11:20 PM
i didnt really see much that *Edited**Edited* gonna do to the motor. go .80 over and 12:1 compression, stiffer valve springs and a web cam. that should wake it up a good bit. u could also port and polish the top end. im building a 200x also and thats what im going to do. thankfully my lil brother is in shop class at his school and can port and polish for me:w00t:

if we can get our machines back together, ill go stay with my gf's family in cleveland, maybe we can go riding!

sandpuppi101
09-22-2007, 08:34 AM
Some food for thought here,while you have the motorout of the machine ,I would take the top-end off and at least see what your lobe's look like on the cam.Maybe 1 outa 5 cam's I check on that style motor are still with-in spec,and check your timing chain also,along with the cam chain tensioner's.FYI those are a big factor in top-end noise.Other than that,I am anxious to see how those shroud's will look when there all done up .

cragster
09-22-2007, 09:35 AM
ya me to im not planning on doing anything to the motor really. Im gonna try to put a new clutch in it but ive never done that before. Im gonna degrease it and then repaint it. Also ive gotta get the stud drilled out n rethreaded.
Ill deffinatly keep you guys posted on how the shrouds are comming along

cragster
09-22-2007, 01:57 PM
gotta front fender =] =] =]

cragster
10-02-2007, 09:10 PM
Ok i made a lot of progress on her.
Took the motor out went to a machine shop they got the stud out. Put 2 new ones in.
$6.98 cents total =]

Put in the new rear bearings and seals. All breaks work perfect and are blead out.
Through the CObra Exhaust i got for it on. Only thing left to do is figure out how to rejet carbs and how/what to adjust the needle clip position to. And tighten up minor things. After the carb, the only thing to do is buy some fiberglass material for the tank shrouds and complete those, and get 18 inch low profile tires for it.

oldsking86
10-02-2007, 10:01 PM
Awesome dude, pics will need to be in order, edog will be here shortly im sure looking for em lol

For low pro tires, fast trecker 18's! you'll like em

oldred95
10-03-2007, 06:05 PM
I love how that front fender looks. Can't wait to shatter my stock plastic so I can get some new white fenders from Maeir.

cragster
10-03-2007, 10:09 PM
well i threw on the stock tank shrouds for now till i get some money. I need to adjust the carb before i can ride it... but it started up and reved real high i think i have the throttle cable kinked or sumthing i dont know????
Ill get some pics of it once its done and some action pics and dirty pics =]

The Goat
10-15-2007, 12:50 AM
I love how that front fender looks. Can't wait to shatter my stock plastic so I can get some new white fenders from Maeir.

and if you want, i can get them to you for less than even ebay