PDA

View Full Version : Tri-z Parts. Wheres The Best Spot To Get Them

mytri-z
09-20-2007, 04:09 AM
Hi there everyone just wondering where the best place to get some parts for my tri-z would be? i live in a country town called Port Pirie which is in South Australia, Australia and am finding it hard to get parts.
Because of the age of the my trike the local bike store finds it very hard to get bits for me and i have to wait months to get the genuine parts.
The last thing i tryed to get was a new air cleaner and was told that it would cost me $100.00 if he could get me one, does this sound right as i thought there would be after market cleaners available and didn't think they'd cost so much.
I've found that there is not alot of these trikes in Australia and cant even find bits on Australian Ebay, so if you know the best spots to buy gear or you have any bits for sale please contact me.
thanks for looking
Craig

chris200x
09-20-2007, 07:03 AM
Welcome to the wonderful world of Tri Z ownership! lets see some pics eh!

A nice K&N airfilter would be half that cost. A uni or moose filter will be even cheaper. As for finding other parts. well alot aren't availalbe anymore. Posting adds in the classifieds here or 3wheeler.org is your best bet. I'm not sure what big parts websites ships oversees.

overdressed1
09-20-2007, 08:02 AM
Gidday Craig, good to here another Z owner here in oz (I'm over in Perth W.A.)
I know your grief about finding parts :( .
I have found and bought quite a few items from Ebay mainly in U.S.A. (just have to check the shipping costs first though)
Type in Yamaha tri z also try Yamaha ytz 250 and tick the box marked Search title and description, it gives more results. Also try in Ebay Motors with the same search criteria.
I have got a couple of parts from Inskip Yamaha in N.S.W and they posted in a week.
Good luck with it all.

Yamahondaman
09-20-2007, 09:59 AM
Hey You Guys ... be gentle with the inner Filter Plastic thing .. they are discontinued... collect all you can of e-bay !! :naughty: