PDA

View Full Version : just bought a jimmy white T3 axle and cal fab swinger!!!

200x Basket
05-14-2003, 08:08 PM
I dont really need them. I already have a cal fab swinger and a +6" durablue pro lite axle but i could not pass them up. the really cool thing is i have some real hubs (not drilled 84's) that match this spline pattern and honda rims!!!!! the swinger is for sale but it is not cheap.

200x Basket
05-14-2003, 08:09 PM
the swinger

J.D.
05-14-2003, 08:19 PM
Why would the swingarm not be cheap?

200x Basket
05-14-2003, 08:20 PM
because it cost me an arm and a leg. :(

J.D.
05-14-2003, 08:22 PM
Hate to be a trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro, but what is so special about this particular swingarm that it costs so much? :oops:

Howdy
05-14-2003, 08:23 PM
because it cost me an arm and a leg. :(

You must have got to keep your foot. I see toes in the one picture. lol

It's cool that you got them. I need to find stuff like that.
Howdy

200x Basket
05-14-2003, 08:33 PM
:D thats not my feet. these deals seem to find me.

why is it special? because like most other three wheeler parts they have been out of production for many years, it is also the swinger of choice for all the tecate racers in the 80's and because the stock swinger on a tecate is way to short. price any new after market swinger for a 250r or other performance quad and expect to pay $400-$1000 for it.

J.D.
05-14-2003, 08:40 PM
Damn I had no idea a new swingarm costed that much.

3tigers
05-14-2003, 11:15 PM
how much are you asking for the calfab?maybe we can work out a deal and i can send you a rear fender bracket to copy.let me know.

Jeb
05-15-2003, 08:51 AM
That Solid Steel Sprocket is another treasure item. I don't know if you can still get those or not from Kawasaki. They were optional. Or is that one aftermarket?

The Cal-Fab arms were the ultimate back in the day. They are spec'd in the Team Green Race Set-up Guides. Chris you ought to ask the guy about the exhaust system and the tires off the trike that rearend came off of. You migh find he has a Bassani exhaust and a straight groove Hoosier 3-Wheeler Front tire which is pretty rare now-a-days. You should also look into aftermarket plastic goodies he might have, such as screen number plates, fork/disc guards, fork wipers, shrouds, etc...

I'm not sure what you mean by drilled 84s???? If an 85 Tecate hub will fit that axle, 84's will slide right on too.

I'd love to have Cal-Fab myself, but the price is too much for me right now! That axle is probably a Finish Line axle. I'd sell the Dura-Blue and keep it!

You've found some great items!