PDA

View Full Version : Need Tri-Z Axle

Robbie Z
09-16-2007, 07:54 PM
Anyone have (or know where I can pickup a rear axle) for my 85' Tri-Z?? I assume I will have to get a new bearing kit as well (based on the threads I've read about how hard it is to get these stock axles out). I am hoping to find a good used axle, but will go new if I have to. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

The Z has the stock axle on it, but a a friend caught a hidden lip and tried a few cartwheels on the Z this past weekend, and needless to say, I was heartbroken as the Z wobbled and hobbled back to the truck. I had just put the new graphics on the rear plastics.

Sincerest thanks,
Robbie Z

mike from long island
09-16-2007, 08:53 PM
Banshee axle fit right in there with no problems.Same with the bearings too.I have never had any trouble getting an axle out.I mean it doesnt hurt to throw new bearings and seal in while the axle is out.

Robbie Z
09-18-2007, 10:03 PM
thanks for the advice on the banshee axles and bearings. I was able to pickup a new durablue for a banshee on e-bay for relatively cheap, together with bearings, seals, and a new grab bar (another part that did not survive the wipe out my bud took on the Z)...I also wanted to post a recent pic of the Z and the R together from last month.

Thanks,
Robbie Z

Robbie Z
09-29-2007, 09:32 PM
Just dropping a line to say thanks for the tips/info on the Banshee Axle being same as the Tri-Z. I was able to pickup a brand new durablue for a banshee, together with bearings/seals for a reasonable price on e-bay.

We changed the axle out today, and I am happy the "Z" is back in prime shape with a shiny (and straight) new axle, bearings, and a new polished aluminum grab bar to boot! I will be heading out next weekend for further break in.

Thanks again for the tip/info on the axle/bearing fix.

Robbie Z.

honda250sx
09-29-2007, 10:05 PM
Way to follow up on your post. Your trikes look great. Happy trails bro.