PDA

View Full Version : why didn't suzuki step it up?

Black86tri-z
09-14-2007, 09:31 PM
why didn't suzuki step it up and make a racer in the 80's, it would b cool if there was 1

KASEY
09-14-2007, 10:02 PM
Because They Were Busy Building The Quad Racer That Came Out In 85,,,,,,,

chris200x
09-14-2007, 10:22 PM
That and I believe honda had alot of the patents

SWIGIN
09-15-2007, 10:33 AM
step it up?

they made a q-racer from 85 to 91 or 92.

that honda only made the trx 250r for 4 years

team-red-rider
09-15-2007, 10:41 AM
but then again the Q-racer sucks just like every other suckzuki lol

ColeTrickle
09-15-2007, 10:59 AM
Every thread I post on seems to dry right up :wondering Thought I'd share a :pics: of the front of my Z anyways :twisted:

It's fitting for this topic even though it's a dig :lol:

Dirtcrasher
09-15-2007, 11:18 AM

When your right, your right!!

digity x
09-15-2007, 12:05 PM
your not right thats for sure dirtboy''my quadracer is nice and it dont suck maybe they sucked stock but when you mod them out they are mean.but this is a trike forum so get it right''

scooterroo
09-15-2007, 12:08 PM
suzuki was to busy innovating the quad, they had their little alt's, and back then honda dominated the race scene...that is till kawi came out with the first "liquid cooled" 250 2 stroker. yamaha had the tri-z, but for the most part it was hondas and kawis...the first quad racer came out mid to late 84... right around the time racing reached its pinnacle. 2 years later came the ban on the trikes, and in 87 only the t3 was sold in the usa. maybe suzuki was actually planning ahead back then. i have seen quite few awesome quad racers in my time, and as a matter of fact, digity x's is a prime example. the bike is seriously fast!!! have always wanted to attempt a conversion of a dirtbike to a trike, and i am always one to wanna have something different. if i ever did it would be a newer 250 2 stroke suzuki or a kx 80 to a mini trike!!!!

Dirtcrasher
09-15-2007, 12:11 PM
your not right thats for sure dirtboy''my quadracer is nice and it dont suck maybe they sucked stock but when you mod them out they are mean.but this is a trike forum so get it right''

Now, don't get your panties in a bunch...

We are all entitled to our own opinion... I'm sure yours is just JIFFY!! and I'm also sure there are some sweet ones out there. But most every ZUKI I see is a POS or in a scrapyard.

I just don't think that they are in the same catagory as the Honda :beer Honda's were mean STOCK :w00t:

If they were able to get that powerplant on 3 wheels maybe :wondering it would have been nice to see

digity x
09-15-2007, 12:17 PM
yeah it would and i agree with you all of them i have seen are roaches hahaha lol but like you said if a trike was born it would of been cool and man i would own one for sure.

NINJA
09-15-2007, 02:12 PM
In my opinion Suzuki is a bunch of heathens! They're just like "hmmmmm, why don't we ruin the sport of three wheeler racing by making a machine that anybody can race......." Those bast**ds!

scooterroo
09-15-2007, 08:38 PM
how can you say suzuki ruined the sport of three wheeled racing? last i heard it was the cspc or who ever they are. if it wasnt for suzuki, honda would of had no reason to release the trx. the way i look at it suzuki kinda kept the sport alive!!! but to each their own i guess.

neo19672000
09-15-2007, 08:57 PM
Well I was thinkin of a CR125 into a 200X conversion but damn an LT250 into an ALT250 that sounds like some serious fun.

Bryan Raffa
09-15-2007, 09:25 PM
http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showpost.php?p=379837&postcount=8

storm_impulse
09-15-2007, 09:30 PM
my friends LT250r is a mean machine. its like tunnel vision sometimes, but trikes are cooler i think.

NINJA
09-18-2007, 02:28 AM
how can you say suzuki ruined the sport of three wheeled racing? last i heard it was the cspc or who ever they are. if it wasnt for suzuki, honda would of had no reason to release the trx. the way i look at it suzuki kinda kept the sport alive!!! but to each their own i guess.
You have a point there, but you also missed my point. The quadracer came out for 85, before the cpsc had stepped in. The sport of threewheeler racing was in it's haydays. I recall seeing photos of 3 and 4 wheelers racing together in 85. I just don't think that's fair that they lumped the quads in with the trikes, they're completely different animals. Quads are too easy to ride compared to a trike, so guess what people start racing because they lack the skills? Like I said, BAST**DS!

scooterroo
09-18-2007, 07:24 AM
ahhhhh i get it, ok, yeah ok i see your point there.

oldskool83
09-18-2007, 09:42 AM
suzuki's slogan at the dealer close to me "1st on 4 wheels" nothing wrong with them not having a racing 3wheeler that wasnt producted for th public. they did take old RM's and set them up for a trike. on the picture page somewhere someone said about a suzuki race trike, they just were hellish rare.

if you want a suzuki trike take a old RM250 and slap some yellow quad racer fenders on the rear....and some wheels.

Kilborg
09-18-2007, 09:53 AM
Answering the original question.... Suzuki saw the "shortcomings" of the earlier atc. They responded with the 4 wheeler. Much like many other bike manufacturers they were a bit apprehensive to jump into the trike market, so they found the "better" way. That "better" way turned mainstream relatively quickly.

Opinions or not, Anybody who dismisses an Lt250r is basically a fool. They arent perfect. Either are my Hondas. A good rider on an old lt250r can do just fine. They were neck and neck with the atc's and trx's. Obviously they arent the same. I have always had a thing for the Lt's because you simply dont see the trx250r in this area nearly as much...Lt250r's were very common. They can still be a competitive bike without too much hassle. Like the old trx250r, its a true blast from the past...but as we Atc riders know, some of that ancient technology can hang right with the rich boys of more recent days.

SWIGIN
09-18-2007, 05:15 PM
well put...........

El'Capitan
09-18-2007, 06:20 PM
Answering the original question.... Suzuki saw the "shortcomings" of the earlier atc. They responded with the 4 wheeler. Much like many other bike manufacturers they were a bit apprehensive to jump into the trike market, so they found the "better" way. That "better" way turned mainstream relatively quickly.

Opinions or not, Anybody who dismisses an Lt250r is basically a fool. They arent perfect. Either are my Hondas. A good rider on an old lt250r can do just fine. They were neck and neck with the atc's and trx's. Obviously they arent the same. I have always had a thing for the Lt's because you simply dont see the trx250r in this area nearly as much...Lt250r's were very common. They can still be a competitive bike without too much hassle. Like the old trx250r, its a true blast from the past...but as we Atc riders know, some of that ancient technology can hang right with the rich boys of more recent days.

i agree 100%. All of those people flipping the qracer crap should check out some of the old atv action or even 3wheeler magazines, it was a great racer, and a great quad:rolleyes:

NINJA
09-18-2007, 06:27 PM

BETTER? you sound like a fourwheeler sympathist. As far as ancient technology, not much has changed over the years at all, except maybe EFI and 5 valves per cylinder, oh yeah and all the added weight of having a four wheeled chassis!

El'Capitan
09-18-2007, 06:46 PM
the quadracer only weights 293lbs dry... not that heavy. And as cool as three wheelers are there are things that quads are better at....

Kilborg
09-18-2007, 07:24 PM
Dont get me started on being a quad convert. I flew the trike flag for years. Nothing but trikes. My current 250r I have had for 10 years and have had countless victories on. Then I opened up my eyes. I ride bikes, trikes, and quads. I have the most money into my quad...about 10 grand at this point. About 7 into my trike. I have 400$ into my Xr600r and that sees the most mileage out of all of them, bar none. If I were to keep only one machine it would be a hard tossup depending mostly on the conditions of the typical riding.

Also, to bust your bubble even further, did you notice any particular punctuation around the word "better"?? <-----

Open up your eyes and ride something different then a trike. Trikes are fun and challenging to ride, sure, but the other flavors of offroad machines have their strengths and weaknesses as well. Which is why I ride all of them...It has brought my skill level to a whole new level since I started getting into the bikes and quads. After 20 years of trikes out of the limelight you would think some people would begin to accept that trikes are on the backburner for a reason.

Not much has changed? Your telling me you can get on a stock atc250r and hang with the 450's on a serious Mx track? Grow up, kid. I was once in that same boat as well. I have raced my Atc in quite a few mx races now and would still do so if the tracks deemed it legal, however, the ONLY reason i was at all competitive was because of my riding ability. The machine itself was massively outdated even to the machines closer to stock. It is very true, for the most part the Atc technology holds up, but its very long in the tooth and far past its prime. Atv manufacturers are finally putting some money into quad development. Not to say the new 450's are at all perfect, but they are certainley superior in most regards to the quadracers and 250r's of yesteryear. The quad market is just barely evolving. Competitive racing class quads died off with the 250r and the Quadracer. With the advent of machines like the 400ex and the 450's the sport market is just barely getting new life breathed back into it. The Dirtbike market has historically been the only one that recieved much, if any, attention since the late 1980's. The current technology is superior to that of 20 years ago, and its only going to get better from here on out until another Cpsc debacle takes place, which may be sooner then some think.

Not to say A trike cant be competitive. With some money and a good rider a trike can be extremely hard to beat.

I have been on this site from day one and have shed more blood on my trikes then can be said for alot of you. Its quite obvious that you have struck a nerve, sir.

Dirtcrasher
09-18-2007, 07:38 PM
I lived the quad age, was riding a 1982 RM250 at that time but I was in many a sand pit with QR's and 250R's. Again, they were either all beat to crap or well on there way there. Not to say they weren't fast, but nothing turned heads like the 1986 white Fourtrax HONDA250R. The Zukes all had broken cases from a chain and oil leaks or slipping clutches and kickers. They just didn't seem as reliable and definately not as good looking. They were like redheads, either smoking hot or ugly as chit :beer

I guess I grew to dislike Suzuki. Had an RM100, 2 RM125's and an RM250. It just seemed like I couldn't get any of them feeling right in the motor, suspension or handling department. I just wanted a Honda, I dreamed of Honda, thought of Honda and finally years after I stopped riding I got my wish..... A 1994 CR250R and man was that thing mint and reliable. Handled like a dream and jumped like fish. Too bad I thought I was Jeremy McGrath and got myself busted up BAD on that thing... :lol:

badasskfx
09-18-2007, 09:30 PM
suzuki was in on the ban because they knew they could never beat a honda 250r. at least thats the story i got from an ex suzuki CEO! they paid people to get hurt on threewheelers to help hurry up the situation.

chris200x
09-18-2007, 09:33 PM
suzuki was in on the ban because they knew they could never beat a honda 250r. at least thats the story i got from an ex suzuki CEO! they paid people to get hurt on threewheelers to help hurry up the situation.

:lol: :lol: you can't be serious?! :wondering

badasskfx
09-18-2007, 09:39 PM
no chriss just being a wise guy LOL

El'Capitan
09-18-2007, 11:25 PM
yeah, there are alot of ragged on lt250r's...there are also alot of ragged on trikes..
:postwhore
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y223/rtscaptain/P2120008.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y223/rtscaptain/P2120005.jpg\
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y223/rtscaptain/P2120007.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y223/rtscaptain/IMG00006-2.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y223/rtscaptain/IMG00023.jpg

Black86tri-z
09-19-2007, 12:05 AM
imagine a trikezilla 500 zuk, !

NINJA
09-19-2007, 02:01 AM
Dont get me started on being a quad convert. I flew the trike flag for years. Nothing but trikes. My current 250r I have had for 10 years and have had countless victories on. Then I opened up my eyes. I ride bikes, trikes, and quads. I have the most money into my quad...about 10 grand at this point. About 7 into my trike. I have 400$ into my Xr600r and that sees the most mileage out of all of them, bar none. If I were to keep only one machine it would be a hard tossup depending mostly on the conditions of the typical riding.

Also, to bust your bubble even further, did you notice any particular punctuation around the word "better"?? <-----

Open up your eyes and ride something different then a trike. Trikes are fun and challenging to ride, sure, but the other flavors of offroad machines have their strengths and weaknesses as well. Which is why I ride all of them...It has brought my skill level to a whole new level since I started getting into the bikes and quads. After 20 years of trikes out of the limelight you would think some people would begin to accept that trikes are on the backburner for a reason.

Not much has changed? Your telling me you can get on a stock atc250r and hang with the 450's on a serious Mx track? Grow up, kid. I was once in that same boat as well. I have raced my Atc in quite a few mx races now and would still do so if the tracks deemed it legal, however, the ONLY reason i was at all competitive was because of my riding ability. The machine itself was massively outdated even to the machines closer to stock. It is very true, for the most part the Atc technology holds up, but its very long in the tooth and far past its prime. Atv manufacturers are finally putting some money into quad development. Not to say the new 450's are at all perfect, but they are certainley superior in most regards to the quadracers and 250r's of yesteryear. The quad market is just barely evolving. Competitive racing class quads died off with the 250r and the Quadracer. With the advent of machines like the 400ex and the 450's the sport market is just barely getting new life breathed back into it. The Dirtbike market has historically been the only one that recieved much, if any, attention since the late 1980's. The current technology is superior to that of 20 years ago, and its only going to get better from here on out until another Cpsc debacle takes place, which may be sooner then some think.

Not to say A trike cant be competitive. With some money and a good rider a trike can be extremely hard to beat.

I have been on this site from day one and have shed more blood on my trikes then can be said for alot of you. Its quite obvious that you have struck a nerve, sir.
I appreciate how you so openly attack me on this board simply for stating my opinion. Then you call me a kid when I'm 4 years older than you. I have to admit, you make it sound like you're 50 years old and you've been racing for 49 of them. Also, I too ride bikes, trikes, and quads. I own all three types of machines currently. If you hadn't been so hasty to pass judgment maybe you would have taken the time to check my other posts in here and would have known that. I will always favor trikes because I grew up on them and they make me feel nostalgic. Also, I could care less how long you've been on this site. It also appears that you have completely missed my point earlier. And I honestly don't feel like wasting my time to have to explain it all over again. I'm sure other people on here who have been reading this thread understood what I was getting at. I'm sure they really appreciate your elitist attitude toward them all at the end of your post also. Learn to take a joke!:TrikesOwn

dizasterzrfun69
09-19-2007, 02:37 AM
. After 20 years of trikes out of the limelight you would think some people would begin to accept that trikes are on the backburner for a reason.

Which is what?

cr480r
09-19-2007, 02:39 AM
But most every ZUKI I see is a POS or in a scrapyard.

I just don't think that they are in the same catagory as the Honda :beer Honda's were mean STOCK :w00t:

The hondas are definately built a lil better than than the suzukis, but the suzukis are every bit as mean and have nearly as much potential... The problem with them is they require more maintainence than thier typical owners usually give them... they usually have lived a hard life and are bought and sold cheap... But they definately shouldnt be under-estimated.. If suzuki had built a trike using the RM250 or the '87+ LT engine I think it would have been very competitive against the R's and T3's

dizasterzrfun69
09-19-2007, 02:43 AM
cr480's signature says it all

"1990 LT250R- recently scattered the engine(beyond repair)... getting re-powered very soon with a ported '85 KX250 engine..."

:lol: :lol: Sorry im a honda guy.

I personally have no idea why suzuki didnt step it up, like other people said though they were probablly just looking at the future and didnt want to start into the 3 wheeler scene because they knew the quads were eventually going to take over.

cr480r
09-19-2007, 03:00 AM
cr480's signature says it all

"1990 LT250R- recently scattered the engine(beyond repair)... getting re-powered very soon with a ported '85 KX250 engine..."

:lol: :lol: Sorry im a honda guy.

I personally have no idea why suzuki didnt step it up, like other people said though they were probablly just looking at the future and didnt want to start into the 3 wheeler scene because they knew the quads were eventually going to take over.

Thats only half the story... its been the most reliable bike i have ever owned... It has killed many 250r's at the dunes and has been ridden harder in the last 3 years than most bikes ever will... It failed due to a weak rod caused by a previous owner not using the piston pin thrust washers.. There were some slight marks on the rod from rubbing on the crank(that is where it broke)... I replaced the washers and ran it anyways (the bearing was still nice and tight and I am cheap... back to my typical LT owner theory...) It was nearly bulletproof for three years and I know for A FACT THAT HONDAS CAN BLOW UP TOO:lol:

NINJA
09-19-2007, 03:05 AM
You know what? Screw it, maybe I will spell it out word for word. Suspension and frame geometry haven't changed much, just some fine tuning through the years. The designs are still the same. Engines haven't changed much either, once again some tweaking and fine tuning. Ok, so the powervalve was introduced to the two stroke and yamaha went with 5 valves instead of four. Performance is way up there because of the reduction in price of exotic materials and they're availability. Hence a high output motor can now be made reliable and a chassis durable. There is hardly anything new out there as far as design of a piston engine. Most designs if you do your research were drawn up in the early 20th century. They couldn't build half the stuff because they had neither the precision nor the materials. Everything has pretty much just gone through a steady refinement process with nary a radical change in design. A motorcycle still has 2 wheels, a car 4, you can easily distinguish this just by looking at them. 3 wheelers were a very unique piece of machinery that relied heavily on rider input, did that make them inferior or flawed in design? Certainly not. A quad is a whole different machine then a trike and they shouldn't be lumped together with them. Sure, they share similar engines and rear suspension and tires, but they are not the same and they shouldn't be raced together. It would be like trying to race your quad out on the motocross track at the same time as the dirtbikes. Yeah, some guys could be competitive but most would not. If the public saw this year after year guess what they're going to start favoring. Everytime a quad crashes, "yup, there's another one of those effing quad riders!" "Why don't they just get a dirtbike like everyone else?" And guess what people start buying? Suzuki created the fourwheeler because they were out to make money, not because it was a "better" threewheeler. I'm glad I struck a nerve.

Kilborg
09-19-2007, 08:19 AM
Being that you have oh so much more life experience then myself, you must certainley agree that trikes are nowhere near the be all end all offroad machine! I too am nostalgic which is much of the reason I have ran trikes forever, but if I start agreeing with you now then the argument would just end and boredom would beset the thread! Being only a few years older then me makes you just as much a wet behind the ears punkass such as myself, so let the flamefest continue!

While I agree, Technology has not gone that "Far" in the past 20 years, it has certainley evolved. We build dumptrucks at my shop..not much has changed in the methods of doing so since the 1930's. Your old 1972 autocar will haul just as much as that new pete, but without some help its not going to do it as fast or effectively. Basically in the same respect, a good rider can get on a track on a old stock atc250r and blast some hotlaps with the best of them....he just wont be as fast without bringing the trike up to snuff.

I respect your position, but saying that these machines havent gone far is a bit out of the question. While it may be more on the "evolution" side, offroad technology has grown dramatically since the heydey of our trikes. 5 valve technology has been around since before trikes..thats not to say its the same as it was 25 years ago.

Nothings ever going to be perfect and it will nearly always be feasible to upgrade an older unit with new goodies. Its all about money. F1 tuned 4 strokes were around in the 80's, sure, but the money and the technology to make it reliable was not. As methods of existing build procedures improved it gave way to be able to give the mainstream a higher level of technology.

Its also true that old technology holds up well in many cases. However, as I said its simply getting long in the tooth. Another example to use would be computers. Sure, I could get on this forum with a 486 dx66 and argue with you, but if the mainstream machines do it 40 times quicker, why not embrace some of the newness? While the offroad market is nowhere near as competitive as the computer market, it will come more and more into play if the 450 market keeps going. You gotta remember, the racing market was effectively dead since the lts r's and t4's died off. They are just barely starting from the drawing board and improving whats there.

This is becoming enjoyable....flame on

sandpuppi101
09-19-2007, 10:09 AM
LOL,Kilborg and Ninja ,you's keep throwing punche's at eachother but I want nothing more than to state my opinion.Main question being why did'nt Suzuki step it up?OK,well let's back it up a couple decade's.. Back in the 80's the main guy's at suzuki were Broc Glover and Bob'Hurricane ' Hanna.These guy's were the rep's in the suzuki world as we knew it.And there ride's were Dirt bike's.These guy's were deffinatly good rider's,you could put them on a Yamaha,Honda ,Kaw whatever and they would have podeoum's.Now with that,Suzuki's did come out with the ALT's weather you liked them or not they did have them.The market on the ALT was sketchy at best,the only machine's that compared to the Suzuki's were the ATC 110-125m ,ATC 185-200's,and the Yamaha Tri-Moto's.With a business perspective you can see that suzuki was basically just riding on the shirttail of the other companie's.I mean they were just there ,hoping to make a few buck's with the ATV market at the time.Now back then innovation was coming too.Your machine's were going with pro-link suspension,Liquid's were introduced and the motor's were getting upgraded big time.Now think about it, Suzuki was not a leader in innovation at the time,remember just riding on shirttail's,and the trike was'nt a big seller anyway's,so why would they put an endless amout of money into reasearch and development when they knew they could'nt even compete .Lass the LT 250R,they knew they had to do something to bust the gate down in the ATV market then and they came out with the Quadracer.I remember when they came out,they were a huge hit.and ya saw them everywhere.But Suzuki knew the trike market was a big goose egg,as far a profit,so they put all there egg's in one basket with the Quadracer.That';s where they were heading.Another thing that you guy's did'nt discuss was the sucess of the Suzuki racing ATV Team,which was not at all very good.Now we all know that funding to these race program's come's from sucess.And the Suzuki's were getting beat up time and time again.The quadracer's were lucky to finish alot of race's like the Baja,but team's like Honda haveing Hart,Coe and Sandual- and Yamaha with Driscoll and Kaw with White were back and forth with the title's.Where was Suzuki,well they were still riding on the shirttail still,just staying in the market,not as a leader but as follower's.Mike Coe visit's on the forum reguarly ,maybe we should get his opinion on the Suzuki's,but back then the support for Suzuki was not there .And it even roll's into today's market,Suzuki has spread out to other areas of the Recreational industry,You can find Suzuki's in snowmobile's,Car's, Atv's and alot of other stuff ,and they even have duplicate machine's as Kaw's on some Dirt bike's.So food for thought here is! Would a leader in powersport's be in partnership with Kawi's ,if they were a leader in the industry.Not since Ricky Carchmichael has Suzuki been such a sucess,they have alway's been on the outside looking in ,and jumping on the bandwagon to make there profit.The research and development and fund's were'nt there for Suzuki back in the 80's because they never came out with a product to take over the market.Bottomline it's all about the money ,and Suzuki never had the backing to make a trike be a money maker for them. Honda,Yamaha and even Kaw's were the innovator's of the trike market back then and dominated the race scene,and with that sucess and making a mark to the general public,sale's,research and more development occured,because it brought in money to the companie's..Maybe the machine's were junk,or maybe it was the rider's,I don't know but Suzuki never was a leader in technology back then and never had any sort of money making backing from the public,and the public was never shocked with there product's.But with the industry leader's having awesome rider's and the technology to back it they made an imprint in the market ,thus that was huge advertisement and the public bought there machine's.That's my opinion,but it explain's alot !!

NINJA
09-19-2007, 03:04 PM
Dam dude, just when this thread was really getting fun you had to come in and answer the original question with precision and logic. Good answer! But now, you're prolly going to have people mad at you because of what you said about their precious qracers. Anyways, I give you props. And Kilborg, it was fun!:beer

Yamada
09-19-2007, 07:21 PM
damn sand puppi, I learned more by reading your post about suzuki than I will ever by reading any quad or dirtbike mag. Good post.
Now, If i want to turn head I know that I will have to built a alt250r haha

willrideanythin
09-19-2007, 07:49 PM

NOT cool!:eek: You cut me deep just then.

digity x
09-20-2007, 06:52 AM
hahahahaahhhhhaaa you guys are funny with the attacks from each other anyways a 500 trike from the suzuki plant would be sweet even thou it would not happen. again my quadracer is sweeter then mosts''

scooterroo
09-20-2007, 01:13 PM
geeez this thread lasted longer then thought....pretty good laughs too. ninja, kilborg, please go to your respective corners and take a breather guys. thanks for the laughs.

El'Capitan
09-20-2007, 05:38 PM
hahahahaahhhhhaaa you guys are funny with the attacks from each other anyways a 500 trike from the suzuki plant would be sweet even thou it would not happen. again my quadracer is sweeter then mosts''

you do have a nice qracers, :pics: :pics: :pics: :pics:

cr480r
09-20-2007, 08:35 PM
imagine a trikezilla 500 zuk, !

someone should make that a reality...

scooterroo
09-20-2007, 09:06 PM
digitys r!!!!

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h315/scooterroo/pit010.jpg
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h315/scooterroo/pit005-1.jpg
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h315/scooterroo/pit003.jpg
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h315/scooterroo/pit013.jpg

im sure he'll post up some of it, but heres a few i have of it. sweet quad.

i dont think gary denton would of raced one, and won numerous times with one, if they were that bad... and sorry but he was the quad king back in the day, gave them honda boys a run for their money. i think the word champion goes along with his name and his suzuki qracer too...hmmmmmmmmmmm.

El'Capitan
09-21-2007, 01:45 AM
very nice quad there. wish my budget had of been bigger when i built mine up, oh well

El'Capitan
09-21-2007, 01:47 AM
snow is so much fun, a couple before pics

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y223/rtscaptain/3.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y223/rtscaptain/2.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y223/rtscaptain/1.jpg

NINJA
09-21-2007, 01:50 AM
Where's your helmet dude? Billy is going to get mad at you!

El'Capitan
09-21-2007, 01:52 AM
my helmet, cant you see its the fuzzy thing with a tassle on the top. It keeps you warm and safe

NINJA
09-21-2007, 02:04 AM
My older brother got the Quadzilla when it first came out and was not to happy about the bolts made of butter and when one of the cylinder tabs broke off for no good reason. Don't get me wrong, I've seen some very fast and very sweet zukies, in fact there was a 92 at the ice races every year that had an RM motor in it, and it dominated, but they just don't seem to hold up. Resale value is low for a reason. I'll stick to my Hondas and Yamahas.

El'Capitan
09-21-2007, 02:36 AM
didnt have any problem with any bolts on my 89 q-racer... And low resale = not having to drop atleast 3g's on a 250 2stroke sport quad. Ill beat the trx250r's and do it for a couple grand less. kk ty good bye

NINJA
09-21-2007, 02:39 AM
*shrugs*
to each his own

El'Capitan
09-21-2007, 02:39 AM
exactally =]

Black86tri-z
01-01-2008, 06:09 PM
this is the thread fo that 1 that is similar

Threes company
01-01-2008, 08:49 PM
Geez...... I guess this topic was covered before!! :lol: Thanks for taking the time to dig that up Black-Z, lots of good reading. :beer

Tecate250
06-09-2008, 03:55 PM
Well im not with any of you. 4 stroke 2 stroke 2/3/4 wheels. Look at the dirt bike market and look at the atv market. What is different?????? Mostly color. Back in the day honda had patents on where kaw yam and zuk could put there engines. You look at the BIG 3 1985 atc 250r, kxt and tri z. What is different? EVERYTHING!!! I use to watch motorcross files and every show that had a zuk it was broke. All the racers bob hanna included stated that SUZUKI engineers were stupid. I think suzuki flooded the market with the quad racers like they did with the gsxr. Suzuki killed the motocycle racing. Funny how it took suzuki 20 years to get a champion, but had to steal the goat licker ricky carmichael, from honda who stole him from kawy.
Has anyone ever built a alt 250r on there own?

scooterroo
06-09-2008, 08:26 PM
20 years to get a champion? does the name gary denton not ring a bell in your head? dude, he was the quadracer king back in the day, chino charger baby!!! and i believe he even had like back to back championships, a few times, and that was even when honda released the trx -r. yeah eventually he headed over to honda, but that was cuz zuki stopped production on the q-racer and his backing.