PDA

View Full Version : swingarm and shock bushings gone

super90
09-14-2007, 06:25 PM
Alright so today I was riding and notice that my whole entire rear end s pretty much gone. The bottom shock bushing is worn and is all smashed in where the shock hits it. The swingarm moves forward when you accellerate because the chain pulls it and the axle pivots horribly from the carrier. So where can I get new shock bushings and swingarm bushings? How much would these exactly cost?

Dirtcrasher
09-14-2007, 06:55 PM
DADS has a nice swinger pivot kit for short money, The lower shock may require a reamer and a custom bushing made on a lathe which is a piece of cake....

super90
09-14-2007, 08:48 PM
I just checked it out tonight, the shock bushings are still good but the swingarm bushings are dead. I send him a PM but he hasnt posted in a few months?

runaway
09-14-2007, 10:59 PM
hello
im in the same boat,ive got a 200x swinger on my 185s and need swing arm bushing's cant seem to find them even used.

Dirtcrasher
09-15-2007, 08:56 AM
DADS is around on both boards and got me 4 sets of bearings in about 2 days after we sorted out what kits I really wanted.

super90
09-15-2007, 04:31 PM
Alright heres the full issue of what I found, The swingarm bushing on the left side was worn bad. It turned into a rounded bushing and wore the swingarm down in the inside so it will not stay in place without moving. The hollow tube that the swingarm bolt goes through got damaged and dinged up from all the moving around too. And of course the swinarm bearings are not even in the swingarm for some reason. So my new question, where can I find the bearings? Would it be ok to dremel out the inside so the new bushings will fit, and is it ok that the tube is a little scraped?