PDA

View Full Version : 1983 Suzuki ATC50. Should I buy it?

The Bean
09-14-2007, 05:54 PM
Do these have any collectors value. I may have access to one but I have not heard much about them. Its been stored for a while and needs to get running? Are they easy to get going? Parts available?

thefox
09-14-2007, 06:27 PM
If the price it right I would get it just because the mini trikes are so fun. I have not ridden one but I hear that they have the least amount of power and smallest in size compared to the atc70 and YT60. Used parts seem to be out there but may require some searching for because there are not a lot of alt50's out there a.k.a. not plentiful. As for collectors value, unless it is in mint and true collectors condition then it is not worth much (probably less then .5% of the trikes are really mint). Having one among the 70's would be cool, then just get a YT and you would be set.

neo19672000
09-14-2007, 07:24 PM
Parts are more plentiful than you may actually think, alot of the lt 50 parts (to include rear fenders and seats) from 83-87 will work with little to no modification. There are not to many on say ebay but they are out there. I just put a FMF power core II for an 87 lt50 on my sons and dang if it doesn't sound sweet and it moves now, had to do a little bending and cutting of the heat shield and a couple of spacers. I also put a set of wheel spacers on it for a little more stability.