PDA

View Full Version : Pics of my X! & Help me identify this SuperTrapp

cragster
09-08-2007, 02:42 PM
Ok heres some pics of my 200x. It could use some help lol. Im going to have to pull the motor it seems to get out the exhaust stud. I need a new clutch cable and possibly a new clutch,,,idk hopefully the cable fixes its slipping problem. Also guys when its in gear i cant rev up fully.... it just bogs down and cuts out but in idle i can rev fully??? Whats up with that,,??? float not keeping enought gas or to small of fuel line (cuz i did get some rubber hose for a fuel line at auto zone)
I wanna make this exhaust work but i really dont think its possible.. but what is for so i can sell it? 350x? It fits up real close on the 86 200x to tell ya the thruth.
Whatever heres some pics. Also shows what an R headlight looks like on a 200x.:beer

cragster
09-08-2007, 02:45 PM
more pics of this stufff

cragster
09-08-2007, 02:47 PM
Also is dennis kirk or rocky mountain atv the cheapest for turf tamer tires? im gonna get me a set of 18 11 8's for these offset rims i have. I figure offset rims,400ex hubs already, and 18 inch tires will give it a nice stance and slide around pretty good

Dirtcrasher
09-08-2007, 02:55 PM
18's are gonna put that rear end real close to the ground.

If it revs in idle but not under a load, it is a fuel problem. Sounds lean and I'd fatten up the main jet.

Clutch cables don't fix slipping problems, unless they are the wrong cable and there is NO slack at the arm. If there is even a drop of slack, it is an internal problem.

cragster
09-08-2007, 03:00 PM
hmm well how do i do the clutch in this then?

Dirtcrasher
09-08-2007, 03:35 PM
hmm well how do i do the clutch in this then?

First you need the "special" tool or 30$ to buy one. I made one from a 13/16 Snap On socket and it works well. The tool is for the crank and main shaft holding nuts. You can get the main shaft nut off without it but NOT the crank nut, it is far too deep behind the oil rotor to get to with a punch.

You need fibers, steel discs and springs. A clutch cover gasket and kicker seal would be good too. That clutch I replace with Barnett for about 100$ and another 20$ for gaskets, oil and the oil seal. Piece of cake

The 86 crank is LH threads, 85 is regular thread but same crap more or less....