PDA

View Full Version : Tri-Z fork, rear shock, and peg upgrades

VenomRS4
09-06-2007, 08:53 PM
I want to upgrade the front and rear shocks and the footpegs on the Z.

What are my options for front forks? I think I read somewhere that either 200x or 250r forks are good to switch too. Will those shocks work with the stock Z tripples? Will dirtbike shocks work? What are other good options?

For the rear shock...I was thinking about a warrior shock. How are those? What are my other options for this?

And the pegs....ohh my god. Im so sick of bent pegs. I was thinking about getting these: http://www.blingracing.com/yamaha_raptor_footpegs.htm and drilling out my stock ones to attach them. Has anyone ever used these? Other options?

mike from long island
09-06-2007, 08:59 PM
Warrior shock is fine as well as a banshee rear shock.I am running banshee shocks,upgraded to 86 forks.Unsure about the 250r forks working,Plus you will be going down if you used 200x shocks in my opimion.As for footpegs grab a set of these from Greenboy here on the foreum.You'll love them.

VenomRS4
09-06-2007, 09:19 PM
how much are those pegs? They look pretty neat!

mike from long island
09-06-2007, 09:23 PM
Here is a link to his classified ad.

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=70169

VenomRS4
09-06-2007, 09:56 PM
ohh man, expensive. Hmm, maybe I can make something of my own thats more cost effective. Damn...those pegs are sweet though....

dreadhed
09-06-2007, 10:08 PM
The guy who use to race a Z said they put on 200X forks. It's in one of those sticky threads.

VenomRS4
09-07-2007, 08:44 AM
The guy who use to race a Z said they put on 200X forks. It's in one of those sticky threads.

Yeah, its in the tri-z q+a. Thats why i asked. I wonder what they did to modify them though. Stock, theres no way thy can be better than the Z...well, at least it woudnt make sense.

clutchcargo
09-07-2007, 05:55 PM
ohh man, expensive. Hmm, maybe I can make something of my own thats more cost effective. Damn...those pegs are sweet though....

I took the stock Tri-z footpeg mounts, cut off the stock pegs and welded stock banshee footpegs to the Tri-z mounting brackets. I haven't ridden the bike yet, but it's solid and straight. They don't pivot up like the stockers do, but who cares. I also bought the banshee pegs off of ebay for 12 bucks. Anything is better than those cheasy stock pegs.