PDA

View Full Version : Pics from last weekends flat track race.

Billy Golightly
09-06-2007, 11:08 AM
First couple are from how muddy the track was even during the first heats. Was super slick, but it sure dried up and got grooved later on. I'd really like to thank one of the other quad racers wife, Lis for taking these great shots. We don't have any professional photographers coming to the races anymore but she does an awesome job.

First picture is of Walter, shifting some weight to the rear for some hookup coming out of the corners when it was still slick. Checkout how close his heel is to touching the ground :eek:

Second picture is of me, early in the first heat (maybe the practice even?) experimenting with pitching through the corners. I was running about 5psi of air in the outside tire at that time and look at it and the rim :lol: Very surprised it didnt come off the rim.

Third picture, coming around the corner again. Notice how my foot and leg is positioned on the peg. Thats weight transfer to the outside trying to get the thing to hook up and not slide right out through the turn.

Fourth picture, track has finally grooved up. I'm outrunning a quad behind me for a couple laps, and again I'm pitching it through the corner so I have a fair amount of wait on the outside of the peg to ensure I don't break through the groove and end up on the outside.

Fifth picture, Walter railing it coming around in the center of the blue groove.

Sixth picture, me coming through the same corner, but I came in to fast, without enough traction and blew through the groove to the edge of the outside. I think this is where the one fourwheeler passed me if I remember correctly.

Seventh picture, my ugly mug at the winners circle. 'stache and all.

Billy Golightly
09-06-2007, 11:15 AM
And this is some post race shots today back home.

The flat tracker out in the sun, yet to be cleaned :rolleyes:

For my tires being nearly brand new, I totally decimated the outside one and even feathered the inside one pretty good!

OK, the picture with my finger, and the silencer is to show you guys how clean this thing is burning. I wiped my finger on the inside of the silencer, and what you see in the picture is what I got. Keep tuning and dialing, its not that hard to get to that level and the difference in the way the machine runs is night and day difference every time.

Billy Golightly
09-06-2007, 11:16 AM
Somehow missed the winner circle pic. Oops. Here it is.

scooterroo
09-06-2007, 12:47 PM
awesome pics billy, man i wanna do that when i move down there...someday....soon hopefully. get some green in that sea of red!!!!

ATC-Eric
09-06-2007, 01:01 PM
As always Billy good stuff!!!

I am on the verge of looking deeper into the scene up here. I know theres a couple tracks in surrounding areas. It looks like a blast!

Russell 350X
09-06-2007, 01:51 PM
Looks like you had a good race man, pretty sweet.

Liquid-Darkness
09-06-2007, 02:07 PM
Hey Billy I didn't see the sectional chamber on your R, wanted the FMF for this race?

oldsking86
09-06-2007, 02:07 PM
Looks like it's running good!

scooterroo
09-06-2007, 03:18 PM
is that one of them duro tires or the kings tt front?

mdskinner731
09-06-2007, 04:58 PM
is flat track racin all over the us or just in the south??

oldsking86
09-06-2007, 05:55 PM
All over, but depending on what circuit you run, this one is solely in the south but there a local ones too, just need to do some research

Eric250R
09-06-2007, 09:02 PM
too sweet man, always makes me envious when I see you guys racing. There are 2 MX tracks within 40 miles of me and I never seem to get any of my machines right to race. :( But keep up the good work man and keep on handing those quads asses to them.....:TrikesOwn